We need a softer alternate skill effect for discharge

Thks Bex for the update!
have 980ti can confirm discharge coc recking my fps
This needs to happen.
I have sent emails to GGG about either changing Discharge visuals or adding mtx for good 2 years now, about 4-5 times many months apart, and always the reply has been thusly, we know, we're working on it, thanks for your feedback. Honestly I don't even care anymore, discharge builds were my favorite with mjolner or coc or even self cast, but I simply don't play them and neither plan to play them anytime soon just due to the insane fps drops and massive visibility issues.
let's bump this thread until its released. I would probably pay $10 for this. FIX IT! <3
Why not simply REMOVE the whole explosion and make it like shockwave totem but colored or do the same that they did with aura's reduce the flashyness of the effect's didnt aura's tank FPS back in the days too.
PLEASE!!
Keep the effects. If you can't handle it play something else.
"
Why not simply REMOVE the whole explosion and make it like shockwave totem but colored or do the same that they did with aura's reduce the flashyness of the effect's didnt aura's tank FPS back in the days too.

This is similar to what I was thinking, however instead of making it an expanding shockwave you could create the effect of debris going up vertically in the air at the edge of the discharge range. Then the color of those debris would just change to match the dominant charge being consumed how it does now. This would serve to lower the graphic strain on computers and also give a solid idea of the AoE range of the skill.
RIP Solstice
Like to add my vote to an alternate effect. I had fun playing Discharger this league but had to stop early as the visuals were giving me day-long headaches if I leveled too long. There was a similar problem with one of the D3 skills, many people noted the same problem of inducing headaches (including myself) and stopped using that skill. D3 did have an option for dramatically lowering contrast, which helped me.

So please, yes I'd buy an alternate effect that specifically reduced the flashes and their brightness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info