D2 outdated and yet better than D3

^ top that with a cookie and you're done
IGN @RapHordes @Rafice
My shops updated everyday:
Warbands: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1361530
Standard: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/131954
"
Refreshbutton wrote:
I pretty much enjoyed Diablo 3 like no other games lately. I bought it in December and it was totally worth the money. Did play the whole story and then Co-op with a friend of mine through the game.

So what. The graphics are great, it is well designed nice textures and architecture, the UI alone is an eye candy on it's own with it's marvelous animation of the bubbles... high level of detail overall, many funny elements (wicked ones too), nice references, good concepts, cinematics. Sound is good, the voice actors did good... even had to look up what of a hottie acted the Sorc eh eh :)

So far so good... the game was not at all a disappointment to me. Obviously this game has not the high potential for endlessly farming and grinding, but somehow has it.

I understand, tastes are different, but...

I am really frustrated by the community here at PoE which is ONLY COMPLAINING about one single game as it would be the worlds only game at all after PoE. It's like you never played a different game.

Nevertheless it seems all the things I pointed out from Diablo 3 are worthless for you, that's okay, but this aggressive and offensive attitude against people who actually like the game are to me fanatics. If you don't like it, don't like it and good. But continuously bitching around sounds like "OMG YOU ARE ALL FOOLS, AND NOW I CONVERT YOU TO CHRISTIANTY YOU USELESS SOULS. - OR DEATH REIGN" - or - "Eight years old, dude!"

Be happy with what you got here on PoE. Don't forget the world out there has people actually living a life and sometimes want to enjoy a PC game that does not rely on non-stop grinding all day long.

You are both right and wrong. Right in that D3 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I bought it because I loved D2. I played it and at first was impressed and i still think some of Act 3 is some a greatest graphics I have ever seen. My problem was I felt the game lacked too many gameplaying points for me. I wanted to make my build, not be given everything. The repetition got boring, and worse for me was my duel wielding Monk gained DPS adding a shield. Didn't matter which weapon I stashed. I also didn't like being forced to the AH to advance past Hell. So I left the game. I still don't hate it, but PoE offers me so much more entertainment.

Wrong in that everyone is complaining about D3. Yes there is a base of people that feel cheated by D3 and are vocal about it. That does not make them fanatics. That makes them disgruntled consumers. What most of this community wants is a great game along the lines of D2, still with a loyal playing base 13 years latter.

Please stay and offer advice on gameplay you think will help. Just know that for every suggestion there are going to be negative comments back. GGG (a studio of twenty with limited funds) cares about this game and is still working on making it better.

If you are too unhappy with the game, it is FTP, so no investment on your part lost. Personally, I gave them $50(us) as I already have gotten more entertainment out of this game than I did D3 $60(us).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info