D2 outdated and yet better than D3

Anyone who thinks D3 graphics are better the POE needs glasses.

D3 looks like a Disney Cartoon. While POE graphics are not great its still better then D3.

After months of complaing about D3 i got sick of it. I wanted a real ARPG with builds, not some stupid on rail cartoon style arcade game with an obbsession with CRIT and auction house spending.

After a few weeks of open beta on POE i was in love with this game.

I went back to try the new patch on D3 and laughed after playing it for 1 hour. Turned it off and went back to POE.

:D

Last edited by Vooodu on Feb 16, 2013, 4:39:03 PM
D3 - friends got it so I did, played, got bored fast, went through the same monologue monotone story 4x over. Wasn't fun by the 4th iteration. There isn't any character development in that game. Cashed in RMAH when it first opened, got my money back.

D2 - I could at least develop my character into something that I wanted or flop it entirely.

PoE - same description as D2.
Some noob always complaining... hoping things get better.
Last edited by KradisZ on Feb 16, 2013, 4:39:48 PM
"
inDef wrote:
Confused why a thread about Diablo 2 is on the PoE forums.

this

and in general discussion, mods asleep?

edit- i really find it amusing that these threads are just SAME shit over over over over over over and over again!! -> D3 got better graphics then poe!!; omg no it doesnt! and heres is why......; RMAH ruined D3!!!, omg but poe needs AH, omg it doesnt and here is why....

WTF guys....
Last edited by species258 on Feb 16, 2013, 4:40:46 PM
"
Vooodu wrote:
Anyone who thinks D3 graphics are better the POE needs glasses.

D3 looks like a Disney Cartoon. While POE graphics are not great its still better then D3.

After months of complaing about D3 i got sick of it. I wanted a real ARPG with builds, not some stupid on rail cartoon style arcade game with an obbsession with CRIT and auction house spending.

After a few weeks of open beta on POE i was in love with this game.

I went back to try the new patch on D3 and laughed after playing it for 1 hour. Turned it off and went back to POE.

:D

In all fairness, this game has managed to kill its builds since I played CB. It might as well be called "Path of Aura Bloodmagic," since every single build gets 500 HP nodes, stacks auras, and uses some sort of ranged/lmp/chain'd ability.

Not only that, gearing has even degraded down into a d3-esque system of stacking hp and resists on every single piece of gear. I dunno, I feel like the system has went downhill from when I was enamored by the game a year ago in CB. Now, you pretty much take BM or use BM gems, stack as much HP/auras as you possibly can.

I really am a little disappointed that some of the more fun builds I got to do back then(because you didnt need every single HP node on the tree, and REQUIRED KEYSTONES) simply cant be done with the inferno-esque gear check system in place now.

I prefer a more d2 plow mode style then the d3 style PoE is starting to adopt.
"
Destructodave wrote:

In all fairness, this game has managed to kill its builds since I played CB. It might as well be called "Path of Aura Bloodmagic," since every single build gets 500 HP nodes, stacks auras, and uses some sort of ranged/lmp/chain'd ability.

Not only that, gearing has even degraded down into a d3-esque system of stacking hp and resists on every single piece of gear. I dunno, I feel like the system has went downhill from when I was enamored by the game a year ago in CB. Now, you pretty much take BM or use BM gems, stack as much HP/auras as you possibly can.

I really am a little disappointed that some of the more fun builds I got to do back then(because you didnt need every single HP node on the tree, and REQUIRED KEYSTONES) simply cant be done with the inferno-esque gear check system in place now.

Maybe im wrong..

Stop watching live streamer and copying others builds.

Problems solved.?

I don't copy anyone. I do what i want, how i want and have been successful.

I've got a glass cannon style bow and arrow shadow who relies on speed to survive.. No problem.

I've got a old skool Necro Summoner style build... No problem.

Both builds barely have any health and both use NO auras.

"
Vooodu wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

Maybe im wrong..

Problems solved.?

I've got a glass cannon style bow and arrow shadow who relies on speed to survive.. No problem.

You are wrong. But thanks for admitting it.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Vooodu wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

Maybe im wrong..

Problems solved.?

You are wrong. But thanks for admitting it.

Well, i might be wrong with your current mindset. Or maybe, im dead on.

See, your view on builds and gear are really small and shallow.

Where and how do you figure this game is all about making the same cookie cutter builds then?

You must be getting this mindset from somewhere. So please, if im wrong explain how and why?

Not everyone is stacking auras and HP.

"
inDef wrote:
Confused why a thread about Diablo 2 is on the PoE forums.

Moved to Off Topic.
I pretty much enjoyed Diablo 3 like no other games lately. I bought it in December and it was totally worth the money. Did play the whole story and then Co-op with a friend of mine through the game.

So what. The graphics are great, it is well designed nice textures and architecture, the UI alone is an eye candy on it's own with it's marvelous animation of the bubbles... high level of detail overall, many funny elements (wicked ones too), nice references, good concepts, cinematics. Sound is good, the voice actors did good... even had to look up what of a hottie acted the Sorc eh eh :)

So far so good... the game was not at all a disappointment to me. Obviously this game has not the high potential for endlessly farming and grinding, but somehow has it.

I understand, tastes are different, but...

I am really frustrated by the community here at PoE which is ONLY COMPLAINING about one single game as it would be the worlds only game at all after PoE. It's like you never played a different game.

Nevertheless it seems all the things I pointed out from Diablo 3 are worthless for you, that's okay, but this aggressive and offensive attitude against people who actually like the game are to me fanatics. If you don't like it, don't like it and good. But continuously bitching around sounds like "OMG YOU ARE ALL FOOLS, AND NOW I CONVERT YOU TO CHRISTIANTY YOU USELESS SOULS. - OR DEATH REIGN" - or - "Eight years old, dude!"

Be happy with what you got here on PoE. Don't forget the world out there has people actually living a life and sometimes want to enjoy a PC game that does not rely on non-stop grinding all day long.
Chocolate milk is also better than diablo2
Last edited by species258 on Feb 16, 2013, 7:11:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info