Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Can someone point out whats the reason behind using Posion gem in the Blast Rain setup? I dont have a Voltaxic right now, and only running a 4l (just leveling up), and for me added lightning gives a shit ton more dmg. Does Poison becomes better after I get a Voltaxic?
"
Gyurree wrote:
Can someone point out whats the reason behind using Posion gem in the Blast Rain setup? I dont have a Voltaxic right now, and only running a 4l (just leveling up), and for me added lightning gives a shit ton more dmg. Does Poison becomes better after I get a Voltaxic?

Poison Gem is same like Puncture for TS builds. It's used to kite hard hitting bosses and etc.

Also regarding the Aspect of Eagle and Aspect of Lynx nodes. I found them pointles so i decided to drop them and take 3 crit/acc nodes near shadow tree.

My tree looks like this now 84 lvl ranger atm:

Current_Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QUtCC4NjQ-rFr8ZihmOIXYj0yP2JIsk_SaVKgsuUzB8Mfo2PTfUOdQ6s0MxR35JE0p9S1dM_02STipRR1VLW69d8l-wYENh4mKsZU1sjG1sbj1vJ2-ecFJ07XXLdvd3B311fyuDCYTFhs6HE4d2idOJ4IwLjDaNfY1-j2CQCpMflwaaapuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-iQKOKr-u1SLe2uXy74702voC-p8DjwTPDOsSiykrTb9N-2sHjn-ZY51TqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxs_T4_MX-uv_e

Still can not decide for final but thinking about this:

Final_lvl100
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QUtBx4ILg2NDkgPqxGWFr8ZihmOGdcdgyF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLLlMwWzB8Mfo2PTfUOdQ-z0MxR35JE0lRSn1LV0z_TZJOKlFHVUtaGluvXfJfsGBDYeJirGVNbIxtbG49bydvnnBSdO11y3b3dwd9dX8rf8aDCYTFhs6HE4d2idOJ4IwLjDaNfY1-j2CTH5OVlS6Vh5cGmmqbjZu1nKSdqqCfokCjiqyXrTOv67VIt7a5fLvjvTa95r6AvqfA48EzwzPDOsSiykrTb9N-2sHjn-ZY51TqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rw1fGz9Pj8xf66_94=

We drop 1 hp node in duelist area, but overall at the end we have stable +96% lightning damage + 10% crit multi and extra 20% hp.

"
Dtell91 wrote:
would acuity's work with this build to remove the vaal pact like other dps builds or ?

Yeap, it would work!
Build is decent but lacks defence in its original form imo. Here's more balanced version, still doing crazy dps but having much more survivability:

Tree with jools:

Gear and gems:
"

And yes its quite capable of doing end-game on a 5l. Just drop Chain in LA setup and Added Lightning in Blast Rain setup (I would also drop chain even on a 6link - its not that good overall, I would use increased crit dmg or added chaos instead). Poison in a Blast Rain chain is much more important than Adden Lightning, as this build drops bosses quicker than any other build with this on a 5link.

My deeps on a 5links are 43k LA (56k LA on a 6link and lvled up gems), 26K BR (its per projectile - remember). Poison dmg over time from Blast Rain is just crazy.

This version utilizes 3 layers of defence: evasion, dodge, reduction. It has:

4,1k life
44% chance to evade
46% chance to dodge attacks
46% chance to dodge spell dmg
75% fire res
76% cold res
75% light res
23% phys dmg reduction (with 3 endu charges that are almost allways up due to the Daresso's chest).

This means that enemies has only 30% to hit with attacks and 54% with spells. Its like having 70% block and 46% spell block. For a ranged, quick moving character this is outstanding.

And long enough immortall calls to leech back (as IC takes endu charges before Daresso's does). I was using this setup from lvl 89 to almost 92 (im few % off) without any "oh shit" moments. It is also important to have one unfreeze flask for those sneaky boxes.

Also I dont use Vaal Pakt because I dont like it. Chaos dmg and other dots like puncture, corrupting blood etc. are VERY dangerous with VP. I prefer to have life regeneration to counter those. Also it is much more comfortable to sustain Blood Rage. With the setup above I can do difficult maps like Excavation without much of an issue. For lvl 82 maps (or tier 15) and Uber I would suggest going with at least one 6link (Blast Rain) and more life.

And yeah, this build requires some skill to play decently.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 10, 2016, 5:22:05 PM
To the people using Daresso's: is it because of coil's obnoxious -60% light res that'd make the gear requirements jump in cost by like 6 exalts or something?

I just switched from a 4L Death's Harp to a 4L Volt, and, welp...

33% increase in DPS from like 1.5K to 2k LA (LA/chain/gmp/added lightning). Also, this rangers seem to have a SEVERE lack of int for this build necessary for Wrath/HoT, along with lack of strength for increased duration. Real PITA to have to even think about such an obnoxious thorn in the side.

Overall, I feel that it isn't the actual voltaxic at the heart of the build that makes it function so much as the supporting stuff (EG herald + curse on hit, lots of crit chance, 5/6L skills, all the goodies chaos damage gets in 2.1, etc.).

I just wonder if a voltaxic build in general is now just a squishier and possibly more expensive chaos firestorm build. EG Rat's nest + maligaro's each cost as much as the freaking voltaxic themselves. Which is strange b/c not too long ago, I got a rat's nest for 25c =/.

Also, are thunderfists even CLOSE as a replacement for maligaro's? Or are they a far, far cry?
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Jan 10, 2016, 5:50:21 PM
hi

what do you think of the nod point blank for dual vaal and split phase on uber?

nice for more damage with this build no?
"
joliplot wrote:
hi

what do you think of the nod point blank for dual vaal and split phase on uber?

nice for more damage with this build no?

The iteration Mathil posted is very squishy, relying heavily on leech. While you could run Point Blank, it punishes you too harshly for kiting at some point due to a big hit or a mistake. It might work out with Lightning Coil and capped resists with some other form of physical mitigation, but it's puts you in too scary a position.
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Build is decent but lacks defence in its original form imo. Here's more balanced version, still doing crazy dps but having much more survivability:

Tree with jools:

Gear and gems:
"

And yes its quite capable of doing end-game on a 5l. Just drop Chain in LA setup and Added Lightning in Blast Rain setup (I would also drop chain even on a 6link - its not that good overall, I would use increased crit dmg or added chaos instead). Poison in a Blast Rain chain is much more important than Adden Lightning, as this build drops bosses quicker than any other build with this on a 5link.

My deeps on a 5links are 43k LA (56k LA on a 6link and lvled up gems), 26K BR (its per projectile - remember). Poison dmg over time from Blast Rain is just crazy.

This version utilizes 3 layers of defence: evasion, dodge, reduction. It has:

4,1k life
44% chance to evade
46% chance to dodge attacks
46% chance to dodge spell dmg
75% fire res
76% cold res
75% light res
23% phys dmg reduction (with 3 endu charges that are almost allways up due to the Daresso's chest).

This means that enemies has only 30% to hit with attacks and 54% with spells. Its like having 70% block and 46% spell block. For a ranged, quick moving character this is outstanding.

And long enough immortall calls to leech back (as IC takes endu charges before Daresso's does). I was using this setup from lvl 89 to almost 92 (im few % off) without any "oh shit" moments. It is also important to have one unfreeze flask for those sneaky boxes.

Also I dont use Vaal Pakt because I dont like it. Chaos dmg and other dots like puncture, corrupting blood etc. are VERY dangerous with VP. I prefer to have life regeneration to counter those. Also it is much more comfortable to sustain Blood Rage. With the setup above I can do difficult maps like Excavation without much of an issue. For lvl 82 maps (or tier 15) and Uber I would suggest going with at least one 6link (Blast Rain) and more life.

And yeah, this build requires some skill to play decently.

Balancing resists must be a nightmare with so many uniques with no resists.
Good concept, but you're losing a frenzy charge, a jewel and 115% crit chance to get those resists from the tree.

Also worth noting that the lightning leech on Doryani's belt doesn't work with voltaxic, since it's chaos damage that's actually dealt. Given that, a rare belt with WED could give you more damage and survivability overall

I noticed that you don't have Mirror arrow. It takes a bit of getting used to if you're used to blink, but since incorporating it, I almost never die. Drop it ahead of you, it grabs aggro, wreck everything that's attacking it. Repeat. Helps a ton with single target fights as well. They typically charge the clone, giving you a couple solid seconds to BR them down.
"
Gyurree wrote:

Poison double dips chaos damage. Your initial hit is scaled which makes bigger poison stacks, but that is also chaos so the DoT is scaled even more. Also, the poison helps a lot for keeping ES down /DPS up while you evade.
Got a new ring '_>'!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info