Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Here's my gear right now for this build, what could be immediately / reasonably improved? Obviously things like a 6 link. Im not sure how I feel about Maligaros given the low life rolls on everything but gloves

Spoiler

@RicoKGB

You mentioned Phys damage, but the phys on Voltaxic is pretty bad. Elemental damage nodes at shadow start might be the more efficient place to pick up more damage, since they'll scale your wrath/herald as well.

If it's working for you, it's all good. The gear to make that work in a temp league will be prohibitively expensive though.

I agree that more defense can always help on the occasional unavoidable damage, currently testing dropping eagle/lynx cluster for acro/phase acro and it seems like a great balance.

If anyone's struggling with getting their hands on a Voltaxic, its worth nothing that Windrippers are unreasonably cheap right now. Well rolled 5L are around 1.5-2ex in TSC. That's about half what Voltaxic are going for. As Mathil mentioned, the tree works perfectly if you drop the chaos nodes, and swap poison/void gems for added cold/faster attacks.
"
You mentioned Phys damage, but the phys on Voltaxic is pretty bad.

Yep. But those phys dmg nodes are chaos dmg nodes as well. Which is better than ele dmg nodes because its also increasing your poison dmg.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 12, 2016, 2:38:46 AM
Running Uber and T14/15 Maps w/ this build hasn't been an issue, can look @ my profile to see my tree. 5.6k HP and will be around 6k if I can level 2 more times (94 @ 70%) and get some Health on my Amulet.

Overall the damage is needed in party play because it drops depending on mods/mobs. The defenses are perfectly fine, I haven't died since 92.

Also, always get jewels w/ HP on them. No reason not to as 5-7% is quite a bit.

EDIT:: Just realized you're all right, Aspect of Eagle/Lynx sucks. I dropped them to pick up Phase Acro and Nullification. Which allowed me to cap resist and craft lightning damage on my rings.

Only upgrade now is to get better boots, my boots are probably my worst piece of gear.
Last edited by Cospri on Jan 12, 2016, 3:53:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I think i'm missing something.
Why does everybody put the Lightning Arrow on Voltaxic ?

Thx for your answer.

Cronk
"
Cronkicroc wrote:
Hi everyone,

I think i'm missing something.
Why does everybody put the Lightning Arrow on Voltaxic ?

Thx for your answer.

Cronk

Voltaxic converts all lightning damage to chaos damage
If soneone could help me with upgrades I would appreciate it. I need to somehow get some more int, str and cold resist. What items would you replace first. I know that second ring is the first to go.
Also, I you guys could tell me how to make this post more clear to see that would be helpful.

Uniques          

6-Links          

Gems          

Quality Gems          

Quality Gems 1-5      

Quality Gems 5-10     

Quality Gems 10-15    

Quality Gems 15-20    

Aura Gems          

Curse Gems          

Support Gems          

Leveled Gems          

Vaal Gems          

Dual Res Gear          

Tri Res Gear          

IIR/IIQ Gear          

Weapons and Armor          

Armor                                 

Amulets          

Chest Armor          

Rings          

Belts          

Boots          

Bows & Quivers          

Flasks          

Normal          

Magic          

Currency          

Thanks for visiting!

"
Running Uber and T14/15 Maps w/ this build hasn't been an issue, can look @ my profile to see my tree. 5.6k HP and will be around 6k if I can level 2 more times (94 @ 70%) and get some Health on my Amulet.

Overall the damage is needed in party play because it drops depending on mods/mobs. The defenses are perfectly fine, I haven't died since 92.

Also, always get jewels w/ HP on them. No reason not to as 5-7% is quite a bit.

EDIT:: Just realized you're all right, Aspect of Eagle/Lynx sucks. I dropped them to pick up Phase Acro and Nullification. Which allowed me to cap resist and craft lightning damage on my rings.

Only upgrade now is to get better boots, my boots are probably my worst piece of gear.

I just looked up your tree. Are you not going to take arrow dancing at all?
Just saw this build and since my HC ranger just died for another SC character I rotated it into a somewhat similar build. My first question is why are people running a frenzy gem? I am assuming you are using blood rage for frenzy charge buildup? I am Somewhat lost on why the frenzy gem is in a gear slot. Thanks for any info on this, once someone answers this I probably will have another question xD.
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Just saw this build and since my HC ranger just died for another SC character I rotated it into a somewhat similar build. My first question is why are people running a frenzy gem? I am assuming you are using blood rage for frenzy charge buildup? I am Somewhat lost on why the frenzy gem is in a gear slot. Thanks for any info on this, once someone answers this I probably will have another question xD.

I'm pretty sure it's to maintain charges on boss fights. I could be wrong though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info