[2.1][Talisman HC] Rolling Flames Fireball + Vaal Fireball too! Almost 300% Inc. AOE

"
sumding wrote:
As for life leech+GR it could be helpful. But it's hard to get a lot of it. you'd need to dual wield just get .4 from Catarina crafts, and that's already trading up the safety of a shield. How would you get fire damage leech on gear? If that's possible, it's news to me.

You can get fire leech from Doryani's invitation. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it in this thread as yet as a good item for this build. I would think that the leech, bonus fire damage and increased ignite chance would synergize well here.

I'm going to buy one tonight and try it out. Haven't played this build for a few days now and itching to get back to it.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Last edited by Dhrakken on Jan 25, 2016, 2:45:39 PM
"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
Alright so i did the dual totem variation of this and its awesome so far since i dont care about reflect, dont need any chaos conversion and also dont need so much mana regen since i dont self cast.

Using MoM+rallying cry, clear mind (dont need any auras), rain of splinters and 3x rolling flames jewel.

The ONLY problem i have is single target against lonely monsters. For some fucking reason my frost wall doesnt block my fireball projectiles, they just go through it.

Using frost wall+spellecho+duration and even if i cast like 6 frost walls some projectiles still dont explode and go through it. Its pretty frustrating -_-

Other than that thx for awesome build, amazing clear speed and i am tanky as fuck.

Thanks! Good to hear you're having success with a totem version. I couldn't get spell totem to work for me last time I tried to. Flame totem always ended up stronger since it's like two in one.

And yeah, frost wall doesn't work for some reason. Last I heard it was to prevent kinetic blast from being too strong.
enjoying this build tons! I would only suggest throwing in flammability, a lot of fire/ele resist mobs out there that are reduced to ash so much faster with this up. Oh and I prefer to run a seething/bubbling mana flask instead of a granite I feel the mitigation is better when you are low on mana. I might change this up when I have a larger mana pool though, currently only at about 1.2k Other than that, lovin' it!
Last edited by thevdende on Jan 28, 2016, 5:19:30 AM
"
thevdende wrote:
enjoying this build tons! I would only suggest throwing in flammability, a lot of fire/ele resist mobs out there that are reduced to ash so much faster with this up. Oh and I prefer to run a seething/bubbling mana flask instead of a granite I feel the mitigation is better when you are low on mana. I might change this up when I have a larger mana pool though, currently only at about 1.2k Other than that, lovin' it!

Glad you're having fun. And yeah, this build definitely struggles with ele resists, as with most non-crit spell builds. If you can get a 6th link fire pen helps further.

Sometimes I think this build would be easier and safer if you just dropped clarity and used a mana potion. I guess I just like pressing as few buttons as possible.

Last edited by sumding on Jan 29, 2016, 1:17:53 AM
for single target try to use frost wall and keep using the fireball, i think thats work.
"
leomodok wrote:
for single target try to use frost wall and keep using the fireball, i think thats work.

Little late to the party. We've been over this 3 times. Just doesn't work. We have no idea why. Projectiles go straight though frost wall. Thanks anyway.
So I lucked out yesterday, dropped a carcass jack and got a lucky 6L on it (like 50ish duses) today:
Spoiler
With fire pen the damage boost is amazing, and I will run enfeeble instead of flammability.
Last edited by thevdende on Jan 29, 2016, 10:45:17 AM
"
thevdende wrote:
So I lucked out yesterday, dropped a carcass jack and got a lucky 6L on it (like 50ish duses) today:
Spoiler
With fire pen the damage boost is amazing, and I will run enfeeble instead of flammability.

Well consider me jealous. And in hardcore. Nice.
Hey @sumding , can u make a leveling tree pls :)
"
sumding wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:

Glad you're having fun. And yeah, this build definitely struggles with ele resists, as with most non-crit spell builds. If you can get a 6th link fire pen helps further.

Sometimes I think this build would be easier and safer if you just dropped clarity and used a mana potion. I guess I just like pressing as few buttons as possible.

Or you could just equip Consuming + Infernal Mantle, resists solved. Make sure to use spell totem + wither

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info