Pohx's Poison Trapper. 1 Shots Bossses 6k+ HP HC/SC/Atziri/Vinktar Map Viable

No totally getting round a mana flask I'm afraid, but as a QoL improvement I recommend grabbing Thriller Killer node (Don't need the whole cluster so a 2 point investment). Means when clearing your traps pay for themselves with the mana on kill.
Other option is to use an Atziri's Splendour for 100 mana on kill. Unfortunately you will still need a flask for bosses even then. I ran a splendour briefly after I bricked my Hyrri's, was really nice but missed my dodge.
If I spec into trickster, might be a plan again if I get a pure evasion one. Might play with it in standard.
Though probably will stick with the Hyrri's. 54/56% dodge plus trickster dodge plus quartz flask = sem permanent 69/71 dodge.
My plan was to run trickster for all the survivability buffs.
But is cluster trap going to be any good without the chain reaction from saboteur? Anyone played with it?

Carl
Is this build stronger than the poison firestorm build variant?
So, I'm now at level 72 with a Bino's and quite frankly I am quite disappointed with the single target damage of this build: The bear trap.
The nerf of the poison skill clearly killed a lot of the dps for this skill, so I was wondering what you guys do to compensate now?
"
sikker wrote:
So, I'm now at level 72 with a Bino's and quite frankly I am quite disappointed with the single target damage of this build: The bear trap.
The nerf of the poison skill clearly killed a lot of the dps for this skill, so I was wondering what you guys do to compensate now?

Wow is this build really that weak now?
"
renroval wrote:
"
sikker wrote:

Not really, i'm currently level 81 in HC perandus doing just fine! Bear trap isn't that great as it used to be but i mainly just use it to kite when needed. vaal lightning trap and your bladefall does enough to wreck bosses.

My gear

Works like a charm !
Also using arctic armour until my enlighten hits lvl 2 then i'll probably run grace + enfeeble blasphemy
Last edited by OppaHyuna on Mar 8, 2016, 4:36:56 PM
"
renroval wrote:
"
sikker wrote:

If you use Cluster Trap support - poison part weak and single target weak. If u use original build suports - poison strong & st strong.
"
treshsocket wrote:

If you use Cluster Trap support - poison part weak and single target weak. If u use original build suports - poison strong & st strong.

Sorry, I don't understand this post.
What are you saying? That if I use clustertrap then poison and single target is weak? And that if I do not use clustertrap then singel target is still strong?
If that is what you are saying then that is what I disagree with. Single target is not as strong as it used to be with that setup, is what I'm saying.
"
sikker wrote:
"
treshsocket wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand this post.
What are you saying? That if I use clustertrap then poison and single target is weak? And that if I do not use clustertrap then singel target is still strong?
If that is what you are saying then that is what I disagree with. Single target is not as strong as it used to be with that setup, is what I'm saying.

I think he means that poison trapper aint ment to be played with cluster traps since it will lower the dmg from it alot.

IF you wana run poison trapper build, Bladefall - Trap - Trap Damage - Controlled Destruction/Conc effect - Poison

+ you can run the new Jewels that are implemented that gives you 1 additional trap witch is great :)
I can't see how clustertrap can lower the damage from a Bladefall trap. Could you explain?
Pohx himself said that this build would be fine in this patch BECAUSE of clustertrap, so what is that makes you want to remove it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info