Ideas and improvments

Thought of another
9. Having other characters we own be present in hideouts aligned in such a way like the suits in the bat cave :P also to be able use their inventory and switch items.
Last edited by MoeC on Feb 2, 2016, 4:20:24 PM
another
10. An item that grants (for example) 100% movement speed when slowed in any way, but to balance it the player has 50% decreased movement speed.

11. An item that grants increased speed when you walk on patches, but gives a negative status to balance things out.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
Okay, let's go over these in order.

"
MoeC wrote:
1. A story line quest specific to each exile class, to be available perhaps after each difficulty.
Upon completion of the story line a special ability or passive exclusive to each character is
unlocked. The special ability can be a new mechanic apart from the 1-5 or Q-T buttons.

I'm kind of indifferent to this one. We're also already getting the Ascendancy classes, so we probably won't be getting this.

"
2. Ability to rotate items of size 2 or more slots in inventory.

That'd be nice.

"
3. Improvement to inventory's auto organizing to fill up efficiently to avoid wasting time every time
the character states it's full only to open inventory and start organizing to make more room. It can
be fun sometimes like solving puzzles, but come on -_-

Probably not a priority, and on top of that, a lot of people carry certain items with them in specific inventory slots and wouldn't appreciate them being shuffled around every time they picked up an item.

"
4. A new curse spell that allows increase rarity or quantity of dropped items from slain cursed enemies.
I am aware there are rarity and quantity support gems, that's not what I am looking for.

Way,way too powerful. The increased item quantity gem was already removed for being too powerful and too necessary; adding in a curse that increases item quantity would bring back the old problem.

"
5. Daily or weekly Log-in rewards such as Orbs, scrolls, shards , fragments, Divination cards, or even items of different rarities. If inventory or stash is full, the reward cannot be claimed anymore or perhaps available to claim only until the next Login reward (next day or week).

Why? We already have those with the Forsaken Masters, who have daily shops, daily missions, and, at level 8, a chance at a unique every day.

"
6. Instead of pets having no purpose, why not allow them to carry items of 1 and 2 spaces, like scrolls, orbs, and D cards or even quest items. And perhaps even allowing the golems and other summoned minions to have a small inventory, they would drop the items upon their death. Also commanding them to auto pick anything of 2 spaces or less or pick up only on command.

This would violate one of the things that we respect most about GGG: the lack of pay-to-win. There is NO in-game advantage to be had by giving them money, and pets are no exception. Adding inventory slots to a purchasable microtransaction would take that away, so even if I thought it was a good idea--which I don't--it will never, ever, ever happen.

"
7. Being able to vendor items to forsaken masters when they spawn in maps (in game, like not needing to go to town or hideout to sell to them)

You know, I rather like this one, but as was mentioned before, probably a bit imbalanced in favor of currency generation. No-lifers like me would just vacuum up every item in the map.

"
8. A unique Item that gives permanent Phasing. If that's OP then perhaps decreasing something in return or perhaps even 50% chance to phase or something

As in...it makes you invisible to enemies 100% of the time? Probably not a good idea :P

Ty kind sir/madam, close enough to my opinion to be worth quoting!
Only thing I have to add is I hope they 'improve' hideouts soonish, like being able to save them etc.
Another
12. When you type /remaining to check the count of remaining enemies, it automatically puts the remaining enemies count on your UI Quest tracking
Last edited by MoeC on Mar 10, 2016, 10:47:08 AM
"
MoeC wrote:
1. A story line quest specific to each exile class, to be available perhaps after each difficulty. Upon completion of the story line a special ability or passive exclusive to each character is unlocked. The special ability can be a new mechanic apart from the 1-5 or Q-T buttons.

I like the idea of a special class related quest. This could be something to look into when we progress back towards the main land, now that we've finished up the main story thread. However, I'm not sure about the special ability/reward. It would depend on what it was, and there should be a choice between rewards.

"
5. Daily or weekly Log-in rewards such as Orbs, scrolls, shards , fragments, Divination cards, or even items of different rarities. If inventory or stash is full, the reward cannot be claimed anymore or perhaps available to claim only until the next Login reward (next day or week).

I'm not a fan of this. Playing the game should be reward enough. This isn't a mobile app that needs to incentivize players to play.

"
6. Instead of pets having no purpose, why not allow them to carry items of 1 and 2 spaces, like scrolls, orbs, and D cards or even quest items. And perhaps even allowing the golems and other summoned minions to have a small inventory, they would drop the items upon their death. Also commanding them to auto pick anything of 2 spaces or less or pick up only on command.

Pets should be cosmetic only.

"
7. Being able to vendor items to forsaken masters when they spawn in maps (in game, like not needing to go to town or hideout to sell to them)

This could be useful, but I think the current idea is that they are in the wilderness and don't have the time/space to vendor; whereas while they are in town they can setup shop, so to speak.

"
9. Having other characters we own be present in hideouts aligned in such a way like the suits in the bat cave :P also to be able use their inventory and switch items.

This could be a good hideout item. Place a box noting where a random character may be placed.

"
12. When you type /remaining to check the count of remaining enemies, it automatically puts the remaining enemies count on your UI Quest tracking.

Very much yes. My play style is to clear as much as possible, and this would be a great addition. Even better would be an option to always have it displayed.

I am indifferent towards the other suggestions.
i like all of the suggestions except... why would you want the movement speed effect? 50% slower overall is a lot slower, and you don't get slowed very often.
"
pandasplaying wrote:
i like all of the suggestions except... why would you want the movement speed effect? 50% slower overall is a lot slower, and you don't get slowed very often.

You are right, but it was just an example doesn't have to be 50%. Just the idea of gaining speed when slowed would be nice. Or perhaps "X% chance to gain X% increased movement speed for X amount of time or duration of the slow".

and thanks for your feedback, I am glad you liked them :)
Last edited by MoeC on Mar 11, 2016, 6:27:00 AM
"
CycloneJack wrote:
"
MoeC wrote:
1. A story line quest specific to each exile class, to be available perhaps after each difficulty. Upon completion of the story line a special ability or passive exclusive to each character is unlocked. The special ability can be a new mechanic apart from the 1-5 or Q-T buttons.

I like the idea of a special class related quest. This could be something to look into when we progress back towards the main land, now that we've finished up the main story thread. However, I'm not sure about the special ability/reward. It would depend on what it was, and there should be a choice between rewards.

"

I'm not a fan of this. Playing the game should be reward enough. This isn't a mobile app that needs to incentivize players to play.

"

Pets should be cosmetic only.

"

This could be useful, but I think the current idea is that they are in the wilderness and don't have the time/space to vendor; whereas while they are in town they can setup shop, so to speak.

"

This could be a good hideout item. Place a box noting where a random character may be placed.

"
12. When you type /remaining to check the count of remaining enemies, it automatically puts the remaining enemies count on your UI Quest tracking.

Very much yes. My play style is to clear as much as possible, and this would be a great addition. Even better would be an option to always have it displayed.

I am indifferent towards the other suggestions.

Thank you for your feedback :)
I am glad you liked some
I didn't like many of the ideas in the OP at all, but to think that we are both playing and enjoying the same game while wanting such completely different things from it is a testament to GGG's work so far.
"
MoeC wrote:
2. Ability to rotate items of size 2 or more slots in inventory.

nice idea, i like puzzles.

"
MoeC wrote:
3. Improvement to inventory's auto organizing to fill up efficiently to avoid wasting time every time the character states it's full only to open inventory and start organizing to make more room.

ggg likes players doing micromanagement.

having to permanently sort your inventory actually was mandatory in the past when there was no item allocation and the game was so difficult that playing in parties was the easiest way to progress through the normal game.

the neverending tears of players demanding "their loot" is constantly being stolen by filthy thieves because they forgot to sort their inventory or got too greedy (mostly both), were very tasty.

ggg more or less killed loot tension with the introduction of "permanent loot", leaving the need to sort ones inventory to be a nuiscance. so your're right.

"
MoeC wrote:

the game needs to cater to those with less and to those with unlimited time. we already have the new pressure to make master's dailies to get anywhere progress wise, i don't think the players need another incentive to login daily.

"
MoeC wrote:

would be applicable if pets were an ingame achievement. but you have to pay for them and ggg has a anti "pay to win" strategy.

"
MoeC wrote:

good idea if the masters would do it once because that would players to "full clear" maps.
if masters would buy without any limit, it would kill the intended effect of players having to choose which items to take or leave.

"
MoeC wrote:

a nice method for players to show their microtransactions.

one drawback: i got around 50 char slots, having them all standing around in full microtransaction armor would not only prolong loading times of the hideout, there wouldn't also be enough space to place them.
ergo it needs to be limited by default.

"
MoeC wrote:
When you type /remaining to check the count of remaining enemies, it automatically puts the remaining enemies count on your UI Quest tracking

the monster count below 50 monsters could be a permanent part of the instance info when the player presses the "tab" key.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 11, 2016, 7:22:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info