Ideas and improvments

"
grepman wrote:

Pretty much all of map runs result in vendoring like 95% of the inventory.

The cost isn't a portal scroll as you think, it's a whole portal. Meaning right now there's a set number of items you can vendor from map, and that set is your inventory space*6/# of party members (kinda)

You're suggesting to make it capped by simply a number of items in the map iff there's a master.

Yeah true
I Didn't quite understand your last sentence though
Last edited by MoeC on Feb 2, 2016, 4:19:21 PM
When all your masters are at level 8... you don't care / you have enough decorations... what's the point of meeting a master (except for free Zana maps)? Allowing you to vendor stuff in this rare situation you meet some of them actually can be exciting instead of "what a waste of time".

Or let the master buy your stuff but only if (s)he reached level x, x \in {1, ..., 8}.
Or you have to do the master mission first, so doing Vorici Level 8 mission while in a map has a purpose \o/.
Last edited by SuperMotte on Jan 23, 2016, 10:36:44 AM
Here's another
8. A unique Item that gives permanent Phasing. If that's OP then perhaps decreasing something in return or perhaps even 50% chance to phase or something
"
MoeC wrote:
Here's another
8. A unique Item that gives permanent Phasing. If that's OP then perhaps decreasing something in return or perhaps even 50% chance to phase or something

++.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Okay, let's go over these in order.

"
MoeC wrote:
1. A story line quest specific to each exile class, to be available perhaps after each difficulty.
Upon completion of the story line a special ability or passive exclusive to each character is
unlocked. The special ability can be a new mechanic apart from the 1-5 or Q-T buttons.

I'm kind of indifferent to this one. We're also already getting the Ascendancy classes, so we probably won't be getting this.

"
2. Ability to rotate items of size 2 or more slots in inventory.

That'd be nice.

"
3. Improvement to inventory's auto organizing to fill up efficiently to avoid wasting time every time
the character states it's full only to open inventory and start organizing to make more room. It can
be fun sometimes like solving puzzles, but come on -_-

Probably not a priority, and on top of that, a lot of people carry certain items with them in specific inventory slots and wouldn't appreciate them being shuffled around every time they picked up an item.

"
4. A new curse spell that allows increase rarity or quantity of dropped items from slain cursed enemies.
I am aware there are rarity and quantity support gems, that's not what I am looking for.

Way,way too powerful. The increased item quantity gem was already removed for being too powerful and too necessary; adding in a curse that increases item quantity would bring back the old problem.

"
5. Daily or weekly Log-in rewards such as Orbs, scrolls, shards , fragments, Divination cards, or even items of different rarities. If inventory or stash is full, the reward cannot be claimed anymore or perhaps available to claim only until the next Login reward (next day or week).

Why? We already have those with the Forsaken Masters, who have daily shops, daily missions, and, at level 8, a chance at a unique every day.

"
6. Instead of pets having no purpose, why not allow them to carry items of 1 and 2 spaces, like scrolls, orbs, and D cards or even quest items. And perhaps even allowing the golems and other summoned minions to have a small inventory, they would drop the items upon their death. Also commanding them to auto pick anything of 2 spaces or less or pick up only on command.

This would violate one of the things that we respect most about GGG: the lack of pay-to-win. There is NO in-game advantage to be had by giving them money, and pets are no exception. Adding inventory slots to a purchasable microtransaction would take that away, so even if I thought it was a good idea--which I don't--it will never, ever, ever happen.

"
7. Being able to vendor items to forsaken masters when they spawn in maps (in game, like not needing to go to town or hideout to sell to them)

You know, I rather like this one, but as was mentioned before, probably a bit imbalanced in favor of currency generation. No-lifers like me would just vacuum up every item in the map.

"

As in...it makes you invisible to enemies 100% of the time? Probably not a good idea :P
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:

"Why? We already have those with the Forsaken Masters, who have daily shops, daily missions, and, at level 8, a chance at a unique every day."

"

As in...it makes you invisible to enemies 100% of the time? Probably not a good idea :P

Thank you for your comments, very much appreciatied.

Concerning the Phasing. On the wiki it says "Phasing is a flask effect that allows the player the ability to move through enemies"
Now I am aware there is gem Phase run which allows you to phase, increases movement speed, and become Harder to detect (invisible?). That's not what I meant. I meant being allowed to move through enemies only

Concerning the Daily/weekly reward. Why not?? Not everyone has their masters lvl 8. Many Online games have this. Why should POE be any less, considering it's of the best free to play games.
Last edited by MoeC on Jan 24, 2016, 11:41:40 AM
people hate being obligated to log in just to get that daily
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"
Loreweaver wrote:

"
MoeC wrote:
1. A story line quest specific to each exile class, to be available perhaps after each difficulty.
Upon completion of the story line a special ability or passive exclusive to each character is
unlocked. The special ability can be a new mechanic apart from the 1-5 or Q-T buttons.

I'm kind of indifferent to this one. We're also already getting the Ascendancy classes, so we probably won't be getting this.

"
3. Improvement to inventory's auto organizing to fill up efficiently to avoid wasting time every time
the character states it's full only to open inventory and start organizing to make more room. It can
be fun sometimes like solving puzzles, but come on -_-

Probably not a priority, and on top of that, a lot of people carry certain items with them in specific inventory slots and wouldn't appreciate them being shuffled around every time they picked up an item.

"
4. A new curse spell that allows increase rarity or quantity of dropped items from slain cursed enemies.
I am aware there are rarity and quantity support gems, that's not what I am looking for.

Way,way too powerful. The increased item quantity gem was already removed for being too powerful and too necessary; adding in a curse that increases item quantity would bring back the old problem.

"
6. Instead of pets having no purpose, why not allow them to carry items of 1 and 2 spaces, like scrolls, orbs, and D cards or even quest items. And perhaps even allowing the golems and other summoned minions to have a small inventory, they would drop the items upon their death. Also commanding them to auto pick anything of 2 spaces or less or pick up only on command.

This would violate one of the things that we respect most about GGG: the lack of pay-to-win. There is NO in-game advantage to be had by giving them money, and pets are no exception. Adding inventory slots to a purchasable microtransaction would take that away, so even if I thought it was a good idea--which I don't--it will never, ever, ever happen.

Concerning 1 : Well of course not now or when Ascendancy comes out. Just something GGG can consider, perhaps after Ascendancy and by the time Ascendancy and Classes loses its taste. I would love a more detailed back story of each character.

Concerning 3: Well it this option can be toggled if one wishes or perhaps can lock what items they want to stay in that specific slot

Concerning 4: Then perhaps just rarity ?

Concerning 6: I don't know, like it's just small and rewarding on the side for actual gameplay
Isn't buying Stashes Pay to win, if you consider this Pay to win.
Last edited by MoeC on Jan 24, 2016, 5:13:36 PM
"
xrook wrote:
people hate being obligated to log in just to get that daily

Well it is called a "reward". It's doesn't have to be streak to win something nice. Just whenever you log in you get something. And a reward for those dedicated players.
Stash tabs don't give you any actual gameplay advantage, whereas having a pet carry around extra storage space (often used for rolling strongboxes in the wild rather than having to burn a portal back out of the map) does.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info