[2.2] Crit Freezing Pulser Elementalist - Perandus HC / 83k GMP Pulse

"
MercuryClown wrote:
Do you think the pye + consuming dark is actually viable long term? Seems fun.

With the low defenses and freezing being 90% of the builds defenses I'd go with a no, I tried some low T8-10 maps with that setup, but it was a horrifying experience. Only thing fun was to notice that how much the freezing actually does for the characters defenses.

"
The tree looks kind of thrown together, do you agree or think it's in a fairly good state?

Told it's my first caster build ever, and there's one error on the top shadow / witch section as I was going for EB at first but it sucked, so it kinda left that way. Gained some more life by swapping it out and rerouting. Thanks to one nice guy pm'ing in game about that yesterday! But to answer the question, if you can make 94 in HC with randomly clicking the skilltree on every levelup, you can call it a thrown together if you want. I've not even tried to minmax it.

Edited that rerouting in the skilltree in the op, gained a little bit more life, not much, but little.

"
I like that build. What bandit rewards do you take? I am guessing, life, skillpoint, power charge?

I edited it aswell in the original post now, and you're correct, it is as you thought it'd be :)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Dec 30, 2015, 8:00:16 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Well built and easily answers the "is it HC viable" question.

Thanks <3 And thanks for the inbox messages, I'll try that stuff out for sure :)
Thanks for posting this build!

I'm now level 53 and the damage is absolutely insane, in town 4,900 dps (5linked).

I know many people have tried FP for many years but I never got the chance, thanks again!

Having a blast.
"
Crinos wrote:
Thanks for posting this build!

I'm now level 53 and the damage is absolutely insane, in town 4,900 dps (5linked).

I know many people have tried FP for many years but I never got the chance, thanks again!

Having a blast.

Nice to hear that. I had friends in beta 2013 playing FP with Righteous Fire and I must say I really haven't seen FP played much after the change in RF mechanics after PoE's release. Not to mention the shotgun change more recently.

I added a new variant of skill tree under the, more accurately, on the bottom of Future Plans spoiler. It's based around a high base defense shield. It's yet to be tested tho.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Dec 30, 2015, 10:18:56 AM
Wow, nice build. I am also leveling some self-made FP build but mine focuses more on evasion with hybrid defenses.

I saw that you also tried to use consuming dark with pyre ring - it's nice to see that I am not the only crazy guy here who thought about this combination. I still didn't switch to it (too low level so far) but I thought about some contermesurements for lack of freezing which you might find useful or at least could test it. I planned on using Three dragons unique with herald of thunder:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Three_Dragons

This way we regain our freezing ability thanks to the lightning dmg from herald and this 25% of leftover fire dmg trigger shocks for herald. I am just not sure if herald spell bonus alone would be enough to trigger freezes, maybe I will need to add some lightning dmg also via gem or gear.

So far I am still leveling my own char so it will be a while before I test it end-game myself but if it would work for you, there might be some hope for me ^^

Cheers,
Abe
I have a witch from the pre 2.0 days and she was level 65 so I have all of my points to reuse, on the passive tree which way should I go first or what should i be trying to get I have 84 points to use.
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Wow, nice build. I am also leveling some self-made FP build but mine focuses more on evasion with hybrid defenses.

I saw that you also tried to use consuming dark with pyre ring - it's nice to see that I am not the only crazy guy here who thought about this combination. I still didn't switch to it (too low level so far) but I thought about some contermesurements for lack of freezing which you might find useful or at least could test it. I planned on using Three dragons unique with herald of thunder:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Three_Dragons

This way we regain our freezing ability thanks to the lightning dmg from herald and this 25% of leftover fire dmg trigger shocks for herald. I am just not sure if herald spell bonus alone would be enough to trigger freezes, maybe I will need to add some lightning dmg also via gem or gear.

So far I am still leveling my own char so it will be a while before I test it end-game myself but if it would work for you, there might be some hope for me ^^

Cheers,
Abe

Hello! And thanks first of all, I actually just found Three Dragons yesterday and instead of normal vendoring routine, I think it's still in my stash :)

And indeed it's quite fun to try some silly combinations together and anyway I try to as much against the meta as possible, no matter how much of struggle it is. But after getting something to work, it's very satisfying feeling :)

"
I have a witch from the pre 2.0 days and she was level 65 so I have all of my points to reuse, on the passive tree which way should I go first or what should i be trying to get I have 84 points to use.

Hello you too. You should try to spread on either ways as much as you just can, atleast my personal preference is to do the most traveling on the fast levels and then on higher levels you are close to all the "good stuff" and can just pick them up as you get more level ups.

But mainly try to get the crit chance from the tree asap and depends a bit if you have a high base defense shield like I have, you should check this tree with shield defenses taken, I regretted to it today and for sure going to stay using that tree. But mainly it's crit chance -> mana regen -> cast speed -> jewel slots for crazy cast speed/crit multi jewels. And of course life between there somewhere, depends a bit if you play on HC or SC of course. All how it feels what you need at the moment. But try to get the traveling done as much as you can.

I played a FP build some time ago, it was very powerful, froze most bosses and all packs/mobs easily.

However, it had one fatal flaw... Reflect.

I RIP'ed many times from reflect and had to just stop using the char.

How is your build as far as reflect deaths?

"
Rayzabladez wrote:

I played a FP build some time ago, it was very powerful, froze most bosses and all packs/mobs easily.

However, it had one fatal flaw... Reflect.

I RIP'ed many times from reflect and had to just stop using the char.

How is your build as far as reflect deaths?

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that it went like that.
I don't know what is different here, I don't even use any life leech. I've had only 1 close call with reflect and it was Elreon mission with 6 players. I was pretty much using my other hand to write Whatsapp message with my phone and spamming FP with mouse with other hand, I stand next to those red circles where mobs spawn in Elreon mission and there came a reflect mob, but I hit it like 4-5 times and my health was still ~700hp.

Did you have a lot of projectile speed in the setup ? Because for me atleast, it's very easy to notice if there's a reflect mob somewhere coming when the projectiles fly so far and you can see ES going down slowly when you don't take damage from anything on the screen. Then just throw fire traps at the monsters with reflect mod..

I'm in hardcore Talisman, so I have 0 deaths at level 94.5

I play soft core only on this game.

I was using Freezing flasks to try and negate the effect of reflect, as well as granite, etc. It didn't do me much good though, as it was always the Reflect monster/s that I didn't see that would usually one-shot me.

For this reason I haven't played a FP char since the 2.1 patch, even though it is my favourite character to use.

Maybe I should try again with the new patch, I might be more fortunate this time around. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info