[2.2] PHC Necromancer Dual 100% Chaos Flame Totem Max Block, 225% life, BM. Atziri Viable.

Dual 100% Chaos Flame Totem BM Necromancer

Hello this is my version of the Flame Totem Build with the new chaos stuff/gems added in 2.1.
This is a fairly cheap build compared to other endgame builds and this the first build/guide that I write.

Ascendency Update:

This is very important to read. The Consuming Dark Dagger was nerfed down to 50% fire to chaos conversion from 75%. It means that we now have to equip 2 Consuming Dark Dagger to get the 100% conversion. This is good and bad in a way. It means we can no longer use rathpith globe or any other shield, however it also means we don't have to wear the Infernal Mantle anymore (that chest is so horrible in many ways). Any chest piece can be used! Necromancer seems to be the best option, it will give us a lot of block and spell block that you are craving for! More precisely with my current setup i have 74% block chance and 75% Spell block chance when i use bone offering and Rumi's Concoction Flask

The Idea is to convert all the fire damage to Chaos damage using 2x The Consuming Dark Fiend Dagger. This is a NON-crit build.
This build is still a work in progress. I’m still working on it although it is working wonderfully for me. I am currently breezing through tier 10-12 maps without breaking a sweat with any map mods. (TY chaos dmg for not being resisted by pretty much anything). This build is flexible on the skill tree.

My new 2.2 Skill Tree for HC: http://poeurl.com/zvq This skill tree has 225% life, all the totems goodness + Blood Magic (lets you run any map mods and do not have to worry about mana)

My atziri run: https://youtu.be/aXn-AFOyVr8

Gear:
Weapon: The Consuming Dark (Build enabler item) you now need to wear 2 of these

Helmet: Rare helmet with high life, resistances and dexterity if possible

Armor: Belly of the beast/Tabula Rasa (easy 6L and +1 to socketed gems preferably) /Lightning Coil (could be hard to color that one) or a rare armor with high life and res

Gloves: Winds of Change for clear speed and dmg / Aurseize Steelscale Gauntlets for farming

Belt: Leather Belt with high life, res and armor

Boots: RainbowStride because it synergies so well with bone offering and Rumi's Concoction or rare boots with High Life / res / chaos res and Movement speed.
Only use RainbowStride if you are not using Stone Of Lazwhar (i think Stone of Lazwhar is better)

Amulet: Stone of Lazhwar (provides you more spell block % than rainbowstride, use one or the other, not both!) with a nice corruption or A amulet with high life / res / spell damage% / cast speed% / Dexterity if you need some

Rings: Ventor's Gamble if you can afford it or rare rings with Life/res/chaos res/cast speed etc…

Me running maps videos: (those are from 2.1, build is even better now, will redo videos eventually)
Take note that i am not the best PoE player out there nor the fastest.
Spoiler

T9 Gorge with good mods

https://youtu.be/Iv7yJiBt27w

T9 Underground River Map

https://youtu.be/wPdmwn5YH8A

T11 Crematorium Map wasted with bad mods just for this guide

https://youtu.be/2Vvz_fvsjcY

T10 Corrupted Temp Chains Necropolis Map, part of it with boss
Didn't want to record the full run for a 10 minutes video :p
I just wanted to show it was possible with this build

https://youtu.be/EH8PSD1poNw

T11 Corrupted Twin Bosses Crematorium Map

https://youtu.be/O5-i4bjRllo

My current gear
Spoiler

Jewels
Since we are running BM and not reserving any MANA, Clear Mind is a must. For the rest of the jewels you want damage modifiers like Cast speed (it adds a lot of DPS )spell damage, fire/chaos damage, totem damage, projectile damage, Projectile Speed, Life

Links/Gems:
Spoiler
Flame Totem: Flame totem - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Elemental Focus - Empower/Projectile Speed/Added Chaos/Inc Rarity (6L)

Faster Casting is necessary, it makes our flame totem cast faster = more dps.

Controlled Destruction is very good with non crit builds, it’s MORE spell damage multiplier adds up a lot of damage.

Void Manipulation just gives you a 40% more chaos damage and a 10% increased chaos damage (quality) for pretty much free. It does reduce elemental damage however this build has none of it after conversion. Now i don’t care what everyone thinks about this gem, it just does work. Note if you only do 50% conversion or 75% conversion (via infernal mantle + consuming dark) you won't get much out of this gem. You only get the full 40% more damage when you only deal chaos damage (100% chaos conversion with 2x consuming dark daggers)

Elemental Focus is just another More multiplier to our damage. It has no disadvantages for this build. The poison that our chaos damage do is not a elemental status, so this is irrelevant to us.

The 6th link can be either Empower if you have one leveled or Projectile Speed if you need your projectile to go further + it gives a bit of damage(way less than empower). Myself will be using Empower because i use the Winds of Change Gauntlets wich already gives me 30% increased proj speed and 49% projectile damage.

Searing Bond can be used as a third totem with it's recent changes making it a free additionnal totem, it works quite well with this build but i felt like casting a 3rd totem takes too much time and cuts my clear speed. Links would be Searing Bond - Rapid Decay - Inc Burning

Optional Firestorm Trap:
Firestorm - Trap - Cluster Trap - Inc Duration
For leveling: Firestorm - Trap - Multitraps at first then switch to Cluster Trap as soon as you can equip it)

This is very nice for opening boxes and very powerful for leveling until you can equip your 2 Consuming Dark Daggers throw 2 multi traps/Cluster Traps around the box before opening it.

Mobility:
Whirling blades - faster attacks - Fortify

Flame Dash - Faster Casting could also be used instead, i like flash dash better in labyrinth

Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less duration, this is also a good option but i do not like it personnally.

Classic Vaal Haste for moar deeps:
Vaal Haste + Vaal Haste + Increased duration

Cast when damage taken setup:
CWDT lvl7 + Immortal Call lvl 9 + Molten Shell 13 + Whatever curse if you feel like you need to. Enfeeble is a good and solid option! Self Cast Enduring Cry

Wither:
Wither + Faster Casting + Inc AoE/Duration
I self cast Wither on tanky Monsters that dont melt instantly. Wither will increase the chaos damage they take. It applies a debuff that stacks. Inc Duration will let you stack more of it on bosses and inc AoE will debuff bigger packs of monsters, the AoE by itself is quite small. It is just a matter of preference.

Bone Offering:
Bone Offering + faster casting + inc duration
This should always be used whenever you can, it is your defence. Not only does it provide you block chance and spell block but it also heals you whenever you block something. You can use this with desecrate ground which provides corpses for you to use.

Auras:
For auras i recommend only using one or none cause it reserves on your life since this build is BM.
Arctic armor can be nice. Anger is a good option for pure DPS (it does get converted to chaos dmg as well) i would only recommend it in Softcore. Blasphemy curses can also be used instead.
Arctic Armour/Anger - Enlighten or Blasphemy - Enfeeble/Temp Chains - Enlighten

Golem:
Flame/Stone Golem - Fortify. Make a choice, Flame for more dps and Stone more tankiness. I went for Stone golem , it is just too useful and provides a nice regen buff.

Bandits Quest:
Oak - kill all - Kill all or oak

Flasks I Use:

Atziri’s Promise is optionnal but it provides a few thousands extra dps on use. Don’t need the leech but the damage is awesome.

Ripped at lvl 85 :(

I'm open to suggestions/adjustments for this build. I will try to format this better as I work on it =)
Last edited by lemor0 on Mar 18, 2016, 4:52:42 AM
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2016, 2:19:13 PM
i keep an eye on , may be interesting and less boring than only flame totem
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
Why do you keep MoM and BM at same time?
Hey,

Have you tried endgame maps(T10+) with this build and how it is compared to crit version of FT?
Last league i tried Lifting build but dmg wasn't enough...maby with 100% conversion it will be different.

Thanks

P.S. Marry Christmas :)
stupid question, but we shouldn't link void manipulation with FT until we have the consuming dark or infernal mantle correct?
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Why do you keep MoM and BM at same time?

I did not take MoM.

"
mishoshko wrote:

Hey,

Have you tried endgame maps(T10+) with this build and how it is compared to crit version of FT?
Last league i tried Lifting build but dmg wasn't enough...maby with 100% conversion it will be different.

Thanks

P.S. Marry Christmas :)

I am currently running rare corrupted t9-12 maps with whatever mods they have on them. Even the no regens and -max ele weakness maps.
I just try to pack as many quantity and pack size. Having a bit of trouble sustaining t10-t11 map pool tho.
Monsters just melt really fast and they dont resist chaos damage most of the time. Bosses are not even challenging.

I am not sure about the FT crit version, because i did not play that build myself.
LNB's BM FT Marauder build is what originally got me to do this build. It does more damage because of chaos dmg not needing any penetration, it is simply a more effective damage type imo. If i can get a lvl 21 flame totem and quality up my gems i can easily break 40k chaos tooltip dps per totem. That's on a 5 Link only.

Merry Christmas to you 2!

"
trooks wrote:
stupid question, but we shouldn't link void manipulation with FT until we have the consuming dark or infernal mantle correct?

I only started using it when i got my 5th Link on my armor. I wouldn't use the gem until it is leveled a couple of levels so the ratio is at least 1:1 ele to chaos damage. You can use it as soon as you have consuming dark since it gives you 75% of your damage wich is already a big portion of your damage. The dagger is pretty cheap so it can be one of your first items to buy.
Last edited by lemor0 on Dec 25, 2015, 11:02:53 PM
is faster projectiles not worth using anymore?
"
bordillo wrote:
is faster projectiles not worth using anymore?

It is not needed when using the pair of Gloves called Winds of Changes. They provide a 30% projectile speed and 40% projectile damage. I will be using it maybe as a 6th link. It lets you use another gem instead. In this build its Void Manipulation which boosts the damage of FT by a lot! I also get projectile speed from my jewels.
Ive played around alot in 2.0 with consuming dark/infernal mantle on my crit and non crit FT witch on standard, but I am very curious to see how the new dot nodes improve it. I havent rerolled either on standard, but will likely do so today with the crit version since I'm already over on that side of the tree. I was thinking of dual welding with a bino's for the life regen and poison spreading from consuming dark.
How come nobody has asked the truly important question...does 100% conversion to chaos make your totems spew purple flames? (serious question)

Interesting build...I may convert my Crit DFT to use Consuming Dark and drop Fire Pen and see what happens.

"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info