The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation

Just got booted for a realm restart, and when i quite & rebooted PoE, i have this exact message. I really have to reinstall the entire game now? this is something that should be addressed immediately, especially after all this time...
got the same message after this afternoon patch, and runing packcheck do not help.
IGN: Linsfamily_ST
MFW 5GB isn't that much to download. My ETA is about 10min. Sure it's a hassle, but you people in here talking about how this should be their #1 top priority to fix would say the same thing about ANY hiccup or bug that you ran across.

League of Legends, for example, still goes CRAZYBROKE if Pando gets deleted or corrupted and it's been several years of that. I suppose you're on those forums complaining too, though.

GGG, it my be worth breaking that file up into several chunks if it is proving difficult to implement the reclamation process. Of course that may not be an option, either.
"
zloggy wrote:
MFW 5GB isn't that much to download. My ETA is about 10min. Sure it's a hassle, but you people in here talking about how this should be their #1 top priority to fix would say the same thing about ANY hiccup or bug that you ran across.

League of Legends, for example, still goes CRAZYBROKE if Pando gets deleted or corrupted and it's been several years of that. I suppose you're on those forums complaining too, though.

GGG, it my be worth breaking that file up into several chunks if it is proving difficult to implement the reclamation process. Of course that may not be an option, either.

Unfortunately not all of us have the same kind of connection as you do. Downloading a 5Gig file on a 2MB line is a really long wait. I'm not blaming GGG for this or asking that it be made top priority but if they could somehow break the file up like what you're suggesting to make the download more tolerable for people who have slow connections is very welcomed.

Imagine having to download a 5Gig PAK file to fix probably a 1mb file that got corrupted within it? That's insane?
"
XamHiangGai wrote:
Unfortunately not all of us have the same kind of connection as you do. Downloading a 5Gig file on a 2MB line is a really long wait. I'm not blaming GGG for this or asking that it be made top priority but if they could somehow break the file up like what you're suggesting to make the download more tolerable for people who have slow connections is very welcomed.

Imagine having to download a 5Gig PAK file to fix probably a 1mb file that got corrupted within it? That's insane?

I agree ... there should be a system in place for GGG to either break up the files from the ggpk completely and make them just files within a "Content" folder or something, or until that is possible, allow the ggpk file to mark an entry as "corrupt" and re-download. That way you don't have to completely nuke everything and start fresh if there is a problem. It can just download what is needed.
redownload the game -.- right
Redownload the game knowing this might happen again -.- right... guess i'm quitting at least until they fix this shit :(
>>> HERE THE SOLUTION <<<

I had the same problem of you all. Dont despair.
First of all, this work for sure on WIN 7. I dont know about others OS.

STEP 1: find your game folder, then right click on it and select "restore previous version"

STEP 2: select the most recent folder and click "copy"

STEP 3: choose the folder where you want to copy the backup game folder

STEP 4: replace the old folder with the new one

STEP 5: enjoy the game again :)

If it work for many of you, i would move this reply to the first page.
fuck i can't download the game CRIS.... HELP ME PLS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info