The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation

Could someone explain how to find and download the "content.ggpk" file again please?
"
Gava25 wrote:
Could someone explain how to find and download the "content.ggpk" file again please?

You'll find it in your Path of Exile folder, which is usually in C:/Program Files(84x)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile. You can delete or move the old content.ggpk file, and then running the game will repatch the whole content.ggpk file.
Balance & Design
Thought I would throw this together to help people out, while I re-downloaded the file myself. I tried to cover each step in detail in order to help people of all experience levels.

"
ERROR: "The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation."

CAUSE: Seems to pop up when the "content.ggpk" file is being written to, either while in game or while running the patcher/updaterr, and the process is interrupted (ie: blue screens, crashing, system lock ups, or being forced closed by the user.)

FIX:
1. Open File Explorer (WIN+E) and navigate to the installation directory:
---64BIT OS: "C:/Program Files(84x)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/"
---32BIT OS: "C:/Program Files(/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/"

---Note: These might be different if you told the game to install elsewhere.

2. Find the file "content.gppk"

3. Right-Click "content.gppk" and select Rename. (You could also Delete this is you choose)

4. Rename to "old_content.gppk"

5. Run the PoE Launcher and allow it to download the "content.gppk" file again.

---Note: Yes it's a large download, but currently it's the only way... unless of course you or someone else has the game installed on another machine and then you could copy it from there.

6. Once the download has finished go back to your File Explorer window.

---Note: You may need to Right-Click within the directory and select Refresh.

7. Find "content.gppk" and Right-Click it. Select Copy.

8. Right-Click the directory and select Paste.

9. Check to see that you now have a file called "content - Copy.gppk" as well as the original file "content.gppk"

That should get it fixed for you.

If you encounter the same error again you should be able to navigate to the install folder, delete the "content.gppk" file, and then copy and rename "content - Copy.gppk" back to "content.gppk" without having to download the file again. If you wanted to be extra safe you could also backup the entire directory...
Last edited by zerosk8tr137 on Dec 28, 2012, 3:31:51 PM
Yeah I got this error right after the first server restart right after open BETA. Will back that file up now, but please fix this ;), love the game!
Same hear, thanks zerosk8tr for such a detailed fix!
FFA LOOT = SINGLE PLAYER GAME
Just got the error msg with the newest patch. Gotta dl the whole client again :(
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC
"
alfims wrote:
Just got the error msg with the newest patch. Gotta dl the whole client again :(
Same. FML :<
same
Ign: HotThaiModel
I had a back up on January 26th, 2013. It still didnt work. Pack check still gives me same error.

The content.ggpk was not modified today either. Why is this error happening on even the working file one hour ago?
Ign: HotThaiModel
"
supersid wrote:
I had a back up on January 26th, 2013. It still didnt work. Pack check still gives me same error.

The content.ggpk was not modified today either. Why is this error happening on even the working file one hour ago?

Another question could be, why is this still occuring after being a known issue for over a year?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info