[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

"
As i said there are enough Guides for CoC Discharge, if you want to play Discharge, go follow one of them, this one isn´t a Discharge CoC.

If you want to ease up Powercharge generation you can allways use Powercharge on Crit in your mainlink i just felt that it wasn´t much work at all to cast the BV and inc. crit strikes is such a nice boost in constiency and damage.

Another option is to curse assassins mark with Blashpemy. I don´t like that option because it does not work on bosses.

You can also use a Volls Protector, but at that point you can just play discharge as the one major advantage of not playing Discharge is beeing able to use a good chest.

So using pcoc in the link isn't "much work"(useful in your language?), but constantly stopping to put up 5 second duration blade vortexes to have power charges isn't a pain in the arse slowing your clear speed right?
Last edited by Ashkatar on Dec 29, 2015, 11:50:12 AM
"
Ashkatar wrote:
"
As i said there are enough Guides for CoC Discharge, if you want to play Discharge, go follow one of them, this one isn´t a Discharge CoC.

If you want to ease up Powercharge generation you can allways use Powercharge on Crit in your mainlink i just felt that it wasn´t much work at all to cast the BV and inc. crit strikes is such a nice boost in constiency and damage.

Another option is to curse assassins mark with Blashpemy. I don´t like that option because it does not work on bosses.

You can also use a Volls Protector, but at that point you can just play discharge as the one major advantage of not playing Discharge is beeing able to use a good chest.

So using pcoc in the link isn't "much work"(useful in your language?), but constantly stopping to put up 5 second duration blade vortexes to have power charges isn't a pain in the arse slowing your clear speed right?

It seems hard to understand that sentence i do it again for you.

Part 1: If you want to ease up Powercharge generation you can allways use Powercharge on Crit in your mainlink

Part2:i just felt that it wasn´t much work at all to cast the BV

So the "wasn´t much work part" is about casting the Blade Vortex.

Using Power Charge on Crit is no work at all, but i feel its just was wasted link when BV can keep up your charges so easy.

With inc. Duration the BV lasts 8-10 seconds, then you have 14 seconds Powercharge duration and you only need 1 proc to refresh for another 14 seconds.

If you use Powercharge on Crit in the main link thats 20% inc. Crit chance compared to the 150% you get with inc. Crit Strikes.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Dec 29, 2015, 12:02:39 PM
So in a build, who's sole purpose is clear speed and leech to survive, it's in your opinion to feasible to all the time stop to cast blade vortexes back up. gotcha
Yes and you know why? Because i tried it and do it all the time in high maps with hard rolls.

If you don´t think its good, nice don´t do it. I am not forcing you.

But stop hating around in my Thread. Thanks.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Discharge tooltip alone will be bigger than bladefall+ek at just 5 power charges, nevermind 6-7 with 3-4 endurance charges. Nevermind the fact that you can scale it further with -penetration, which you can do with phys too, but nowhere near to reach -95%+. Bladefall mechanics as well as ek as such that they will often times not hit or miss moving bosses or not hit to their full.

Hey there,

my current Build is really similar to your Guide. I also have a 5 Link Voll's Protector and tested following Setups several times:

Cyclone, Discharge, Frostnova, CoC, Life Leech

Cyclone, Bladefall, EK, CoC (dont have 3 Green Links on Voll's Protector)

Curses used: Assassins Mark, Warlords Mark

I really wanted to go for Discharge but Bladefall comp. deals way more dps and has a better clearspeed.

"
Ashkatar wrote:
"

BV + CWDT + Inc dura + Pcoc = no hassle.
I've a pretty similar version to this build, this is my current gear:

I've done pretty much all variations of CoC cyclone (had a hybrid coc discharger EE earlier this league) and ive been playing with this alternative.

BV + Pcoc + CWDT at lvl 1 alone keeps the power charges up constantly. I got the Skyforth recently, they're a luxury, not needed by far, but free up a bit, and are fun to use :)

I'm however using 3 spells, Bladefall, EK and Arc for maps. (86% crit with power charges up). Can push the crit to 90% with better rings, mine are horrid.
I found the CwdT version not reliable enough, but it is a option for sure.

I´d just prefer to have powercharges in my controll.

Skyforth are ofc the best option by far.

@krilox
really nice gear there!

Saw that Garb online too and was thinking about buying it but then decided to try to 6L the one i have now.

How much did you pay for your Skyforth?

Did you feel like lvl 21 BF and EK was a big step up in damage?
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
I found the CwdT version not reliable enough, but it is a option for sure.

I´d just prefer to have powercharges in my controll.

Skyforth are ofc the best option by far.

@krilox
really nice gear there!

Saw that Garb online too and was thinking about buying it but then decided to try to 6L the one i have now.

How much did you pay for your Skyforth?

Did you feel like lvl 21 BF and EK was a big step up in damage?

shrug, lvl 1 cwdt + bv + inc dura and ive them up constantly :)

Garb is great, giving 700 es, 24 all res + the redudant 100 mana/hp, but it's easy to color at least. :)

I paid 25ex for the boots, prioritizing them before a decent dagger and some crafted rings.

Levels are always a big deal when it comes to spells, so it was a welcome change :)

Edit: Damage-wise it's at par with discharge, especially with three spells and hatred running.

I'm planning to have two sets, one for uber (purities + disc + blasphemy if i can squeeze it out). And one with the rampage gloves + hatred + disc + blasphemy for mapping. Still saving up.

Atm i've 2,7k hp and 7,2k es, with rings and belt optimally i'll end up at 2,8k and 7,5k.

Could possibly push 8k es with more levels + optimized gear.
Last edited by krilox on Dec 29, 2015, 9:46:18 PM
"
desperado2044 wrote:
"
Discharge tooltip alone will be bigger than bladefall+ek at just 5 power charges, nevermind 6-7 with 3-4 endurance charges. Nevermind the fact that you can scale it further with -penetration, which you can do with phys too, but nowhere near to reach -95%+. Bladefall mechanics as well as ek as such that they will often times not hit or miss moving bosses or not hit to their full.

Hey there,

my current Build is really similar to your Guide. I also have a 5 Link Voll's Protector and tested following Setups several times:

Cyclone, Discharge, Frostnova, CoC, Life Leech

Cyclone, Bladefall, EK, CoC (dont have 3 Green Links on Voll's Protector)

Curses used: Assassins Mark, Warlords Mark

I really wanted to go for Discharge but Bladefall comp. deals way more dps and has a better clearspeed.

let me guess, you don't have equilibrium with cold damage to attacks mod on ring/amulet/weapon, and you didn't try using ele weakness aura. Yes with zero penetration phys can "feel" better because ele res mobs are all over the place, that's just a feeling noobs get though until they try out getting any penetration at all. In the current state, nothing comes anywhere close in damage to discharge with vortex link for cast on crit, there's no point even comparing. Damage is all you should care about making a coc build, as that's just the meta for it right now kill before you get killed. And to do things differently, for the sake of doing them differently is all fair and square, until the op links his build in a reddit thread for best builds in current meta, saying it's the future xD
Last edited by Ashkatar on Dec 30, 2015, 12:13:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info