Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

(2.1) Ice crash build 171k dps (with Video)

Welcome everyone to my Ice Crash guide for Path of Exile.

I've ran with a lot builds lately trying to find one that suited my playstyle and I've finally found Ice crash I was never really into melee builds as i prefer'd either ranger or a caster but there was something about ice crash I loved.

I've tried a glass cannon version and a high tank version both seemed to be missing either the damage or the tankyness, So I decided to make one that had both massive amounts of damage but could still take huge hits and shrug them off, and I'm happy to say I... failed.

As it turns out I've made a high damage build that can take a medium hit and recover from it but not a tank due to my using Abyssus, but I can still run every map and clear Atziri so I'm happy with it i just won't be taking it to HC just yet.

Pro's and Con's

Pro's
Very fast Clear speed
Highly mobile with whirling blades
no mana issue's and doesn't use blood magic passive
Tanky ISH (I can take a medium hit but I won't be putting my face near the vaal smash anytime soon)
Life leech and life regen thanks to the new 2.1 tree
Can do Atziri normal (I have high hopes for Uber but i'm waiting till level 90 first)
Can do all map mods (I can do reflect maps but I have to do the slowly so I tend to skip them)

Con's

Expensive
Because of that not new league friendly I will do a budget version at some point

Passive Tree
My current Tree at level 78
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAAYB3ASzBiANjRHVFCAUdRX2GF0ZtBo4Gj4j0ycvKCopLjH7Mok1kjiWOtg8BT38QzFHfkz_TipQR1WpV5dX4lhjWHVZ81uvXz9gQWJ5Y3BlTWoBbydvO3KpdKB2rHfXd-N35XgNeWh7jHy4gOGCm4TZhVKLT4zPkFWSfZd5l7SYb5o7m1ibap_fogCpbqyqrY2t8bXytxe9Nr6nwBrAZsEExtjPfti92WHcI-Je5FHlz-oY7SDvDu988azyL_ZI9zL8xQ==?accountName=Ahorton2&characterName=zedsy
Current tree has
123% life
168% Armour
24% life and Armour
3.3% life regen

You can either go more defense or more damage for the last points I will be going more defense as their is no Mobs I feel I need more damage for.

My End Passive tree (Defense) -http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAAYB3ASzBiANjRHVFCAUdRX2GF0aOBo-I9MnLygqKS4x-zIJMok1kjiWOtg64TwFPfxDMUd-Sn1M_03jTipQR1WpVw1Xl1fiWGNYdVnzW69fP2BBYnljcGVNZ6BoZWjyagFsRm8nbztybHKpdKB2rHfXd-N35XgNeWh7jHy4gOGCB4KbhNmFUod2i0-Mz5BVkn2XeZe0mG-aO5pqm1ibap_fogCmV6lurKqtja3xtfK3F702vqfAGsBmwQTG2M9-0iHYvdlh2XzcI-Je45_kUeXP6hjtIO8O73zwH_Gs8i_yQfJF85v2SPcy_MX-Cv6P
This Tree gives
71% more life (194%)
52% more Armour (220%)
1% more life regen (4.3%)
1 more jewel
18% more attack speed

My End Passive tree (Offensive) - http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAAYB3ASzBiAGog2NEdUUIBR1FfYX3BhdGjgaPh6UI9MnLygqKS4x-zIJMok1kjiWOtg64TwFPfxDMUd-TP9N404qUEdVqVboV5dX4lhjWHVZ81uvXPlfP2BBYnljcGRaZU1o8moBbEZvJ287cmxyqXSgdn92rHfXd-N35XgNeWh7jHy4fuCA4YKbhMSE2YVSi0-Mz5BVkn2XeZe0mG-aO5pqm1ibap5Xn4Kf36IAplepbqyqrY2t8bXytxe9Nr6nwBrAZsEExtjPfti92WHcI90N4JXiXuRR5c_qGO0g7w7vfPAf8azyL_ZI9zL8xf6P

This Tree gives
25% more life (148%)
20% more Armour (188%)
1% more life regen (4.3%)

26% more attack speed
92% more phys damage
25% more crit
30% more crit multiplier

The passive tree at 78 was a nightmare until patch 2.1 came out and they brought the life leech nodes out :), it felt as though something was missing and i didn't really want to take a gem out for life leech as I lost too much damage now that's sorted the build feels like it's ment to.

78 for me is the tipping point we can either go more damage or more survivability, I'll make a tree for both versions and link them soon.

Video's
Gorge run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0nv7SPVq4&feature=youtu.be
If anyone has any requests just leave a post or PM me I'll make a vid and post it within a day or so.

Offensive stat's
Please Don't forget this is on a Level 78 character so I still have a lot of passives to put in.

Increased area

Self buffed no charges

With Charges

Concentrated Effect

Self buffed no charges

With Charges

Defensive Stat's
Please Don't forget this is on a Level 78 character so I still have a lot of passives to put in.
The rest of my points will more than likely be going into defense so these numbers will change I'll update as I go

Bandit's

Oak - Kraityn or Eramir - Alira

I went with Kraityn for Cruel as I prefer Attack speed

Gear

My current Gear in Standard

Gem Links and Jewel's

4 Link Ice crash - Increased Area/conc effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Melee physical damage
5 Link Added Fire damage
6 Link Faster attacks

Jewel's

At the moment I only have one Jewel slot and this is what I had in my bags at the time

You want to look for
1) life - we have enough damage already
2) damage - Area damage or flat phys (cold damage isn't great because it's only buffing the 50% phys that's being converted
3) Attack speed
4) missing stat's or resist's

Hope you have all enjoyed my Ice crash build If you have any Questions feel free to leave a comment or PM me, Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Ahorton2 on Jan 4, 2016, 11:35:04 AM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2016, 1:53:09 AM
Reserved for budget version
Hi, really nice build, but i am wondering how did you manage to cast ice crash with no mana ?:>
Thanks, and I use soultaker axe - "Insufficient mana doesn't stop your melee attacks" let's me attack without mana and the other gems like summon golem are linked with blood magic.
Tested the build with lightning strike it work's really well I'll write a bit on the end of this build about it soon.
hi guys

i play pretty the same build and its great.... i can reach 190k dps
Nice build, gonna try this out !

Any other gloves you can use besides Atziri's ? they goes for 30ex in Talisman..
"
Likuid wrote:
Nice build, gonna try this out !

Any other gloves you can use besides Atziri's ? they goes for 30ex in Talisman..

Thanks :) and yeah you can either use Maligaro's which cost around 1-2 exalts and give better damage than atziri's but no instant life leech so you will be more squishy

Or you can use any rare gloves focusing
1 - armor
2 - life
3 - any missing resists
and lastly and damage boost's such as attack speed or flat damage never go a miss
Thanks for the answer, I need Maligaro's for my other build too so I guess I will just buy them now haha

Another quick question for the bandits, I'm guessing Oak - Eramir - Alira but just to be sure ^^
"
Likuid wrote:
Thanks for the answer, I need Maligaro's for my other build too so I guess I will just buy them now haha

Another quick question for the bandits, I'm guessing Oak - Eramir - Alira but just to be sure ^^

Sorry it's took me a day to reply I logged off after my last post and i went Oak - Kraityn - Alira but you can go either I'm just an attack speed junkie

I Thought I'd put in about the Bandits but obviously not, I'll add it now thanks for bringing it up. :P
Last edited by Ahorton2 on Jan 4, 2016, 11:36:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info