[HC 2.1] LV91 Dual Phys/Chaos Siege Ballista - over 32k dps, very tanky - Avatar of Thunder down

"
Hiken wrote:
Hello.
what about jewels for this build?

Nothing special - life, atk speed and totem/projectile damage
Atk spd most important imo because has the most impact on clear speed and gameplay (chil sol isn't the fastest bow so you can take all the atk speed you can get)
Hmmm. Do you feel the extra placement speed from Shamanistic Fury and Totemic Mastery to be essential?

The reason I ask is that if you free up a few skill points, you've got one hell of a synergy left unexploited.

I refer to using a Lioneye's Fall in the jewel node next to Point Blank.

If you pick up that jewel node (3 points), Hatchet Master (3 points) and Dirty Techniques (3 points via Skill Duration and Damage over time) you get, for a total cost of 9 skill points:

26% Evasion
12% Attack Speed With Bows
28% Physical Damage With Bows
70% Increased Damage Over Time
20% Increased Skill Duration
(25% Chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies - worthless as you poison on every hit)

More generally, and if a less drastic approach is desirable, since a considerable part of the damage you do is poison damage over time, there is no way that Shamanistic Fury's 48% increased damage comes anywhere close to the damage boost you would get from spending 3 points on picking up Exceptional Performance (45% Increased Skill Duration). Of course, if you feel the placement speed is essential, the damage argument is irrelevant, but if not... Well.

Skill Effect Duration is the single best MORE multiplier on poison in the passive tree in 2.1 with stacking poisons, so it surprises me a bit that you are not taking advantage of it,
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Dec 28, 2015, 3:52:00 AM
Thanks.
Build is really nice :)
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
Hmmm. Do you feel the extra placement speed from Shamanistic Fury and Totemic Mastery to be essential?

The reason I ask is that if you free up a few skill points, you've got one hell of a synergy left unexploited.

I refer to using a Lioneye's Fall in the jewel node next to Point Blank.

If you pick up that jewel node (3 points), Hatchet Master (3 points) and Dirty Techniques (3 points via Skill Duration and Damage over time) you get, for a total cost of 9 skill points:

26% Evasion
12% Attack Speed With Bows
28% Physical Damage With Bows
70% Increased Damage Over Time
20% Increased Skill Duration
(25% Chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies - worthless as you poison on every hit)

More generally, and if a less drastic approach is desirable, since all the damage you do is poison damage over time, there is no way that Shamanistic Fury's 48% increased damage comes anywhere close to the damage boost you would get from spending 3 points on picking up Exceptional Performance (45% Increased Skill Duration). Of course, if you feel the placement speed is essential, the damage argument is irrelevant, but if not... Well.

Skill Effect Duration is the single best MORE multiplier on poison in the passive tree in 2.1 with stacking poisons, so it surprises me a bit that you are not taking advantage of it,

I dont have Lioneyes Fall but its a nice idea with hatchet master.
As for poison there wasnt fight long enough for it to fully do the damage, mostly it just finishes off things that wasnt one shotted

Im focused in generic totem nodes because in case wanted to switch to other totems at any time to try them out or do some MF with flame totem
Last edited by arcadius on Dec 28, 2015, 2:14:21 AM
That makes sense. Guess I was thinking too much in SC/Standard terms.

Thanks for the answer.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
definitely very valid about the dirty techniques and shamanistic mastery. I'm not really sure if the 46% increased totem damage includes DOT

Ways to free up some nodes.
->jewel node next to shamanistic mastery + 2
->fury bolts node + 2
->jewel node next to ancestral bond + 2

<-dirty techniques -3
<-exceptional performance -3

However, here you might be trading off a 2 defensive jewels for extra damage which might be risky. It all depends what your jewels are used for.

Also, i notice the enduring cry setup, so the node +1 max endurance charge, +18%charge duration will be helpful later on.

Awesome Build !

Any specific rewards from Bandits ?

Oak on normal is best

Cruel - preferably point. Atk speed from Kraityn is good too but point can be used on jewel slot and you can get more bonuses from jewel than atk speed

Merciless - personally I took passive but now Im thinking about respeccing for +1 frenzy or +1 endu. All options are good actually, depends on playstyle
EDIT: Scrubbed. Mistake in build. Do I feel silly now.

EDIT2:

To return to the issue of Lioneye's Fall, I loaded up the passive skill tree planner and asked myself, "if I just want to improve the ability to to deal damage up front (increased attack speed, increased physical damage) AND have a Lioneye's Fall jewel AND am willing to do without many of the Totem placement nodes, just how much havoc can I create?"

It turned out the answer was "a lot". Hatchet Master was a nice idea to start with, but it doesn't hold a candle to the power of what that jewel could achieve in the Duelist central node.

This is the result, 111 pts like the build listed in the OP.

This hits much faster (+29%) dealing slightly less damage (-12%), has 5% movement speed, and has one extra jewel slot (which is a wash, as Lioneye's Fall costs a jewel slot as well). Not for free, of course - there's substantially less Totem placement speed (60% rather than 101%), life, and resistances, -20% armour, -0.2% life regen, as well as 50 less INT that has to be made up somehow to use the Added Chaos Damage gem. (Take 2x30INT nodes, drop 2 damage nodes if needed). The next four skill points can be spent on Destroyer (+10 STR, +37% damage, +9% cast speed)

I'm not sure it is really worth it from the perspective of convenience, but I do know just how lovely high attack speed may be from the crit siege ballista build I'm trying to build, so it might.
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Dec 28, 2015, 4:32:37 PM
You also lose Discipline and Training in templar area (30 life, +10% life), I personally love that node it's like additional small armor piece

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info