[IN DEPTH] 2.2 Crit LA/Blastrain Voltaxic - Hardcore/SC Viable

"
Wyc666 wrote:
Hey, I just managed to get a voltaxic and would love to try that build. I would love to see the updated tree as well if its possible. Very nice, detailed guide btw

Updated for 2.2 Ascendancy. Sorry about the delay guys, wasn't sure I would be playing PoE this league, but I'm having a blast. Back at it again with the purple damage.
"
Previously I was using 2 of these in Talisman, I think with the changes to the tree only 1 is viable.

hey, thanks for updating the thread. regarding static electricity, I don't quite recall the changes you refer to - what exactly makes it suboptimal to still put 2 of these unique jewels into the tree? (one between scion and ranger starting points and one to the left of acrobatics?) Did any Dex get removed? Or because you don't go for the +20 dex from the accuracy cluster beneath the jewel socket anymore ?
I think you still get a 1-82 and a 1-92 one if you go for the one between scion/ranger and the one above the atk speed/accuracy/20dex cluster.
Last edited by Anderherz on May 5, 2016, 6:17:24 AM
What are your thoughts of using an alpha howl for this build?
I can try to answer maybe. Aside from reduced mana reserved i can't see any real bonus from using this helm. It will allow you to use arctic armor along with herald of thunder and wrath but leaves an almost unusable mana pool. When using the 3 buffs i have only 55/692 mana to use. Another minus to having 3 buffs is lack of skill bar slots, no big deal tho.
With the new update to maps the bosses have got a lot harder. So getting back to a more defensive build having Arctic armor is a bonus and does work ok with low mana. Lightning arrow works ok with low mana however for single target Blast rain mana is too low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info