[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
Shinare wrote:
Trying this build out, I started last night. Did the "Night's Hold" + flame totem and I don't think I've ever run through areas this fast lol.

2 hours of play and I'm level 31 and starting a4n! :)

Someone said to me yesterday that if it takes me longer then 4 hours to get to merc then I'm not leveling right. Well, I guess I'm not. He wouldn't elaborate tho.

Disregard that comment mate. Getting to merciless even for seasoned players can easily take longer =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
C4r1b0u wrote:
Hey man, pretty interested in this, will be my first ranger. You mind linking all of your gear so I have a baseline of what to go off of?

Thanks man

You can check my profile for the character and inspect the gear it uses :)
"
"
arcadius wrote:
It may be viable but its not optimal for ele totems

I am not sure what to say to you. I have proved that the build is powerful and viable for end-game. If you disagree then it is you who carry the burden of proof. It scales damage via attack speed, ele and totem damage. What else would you like for an elemental attack based totem build? Crit? Yea sure if it is was a crit build, but it is not.

Feel free to post whatever skill-tree or setup you find "optimal", but if you don't please stop misleading potential interested players with your inaccurate statements.

Yeah I don't understand why hes shitting on this build. I'm having a ball with it clear speeds might not be the fastest but its strong. Just wish I could fine a 250+ edps bow :( Lioneye will have to do for now.
"
Salicylic wrote:
"
"
arcadius wrote:
It may be viable but its not optimal for ele totems

I am not sure what to say to you. I have proved that the build is powerful and viable for end-game. If you disagree then it is you who carry the burden of proof. It scales damage via attack speed, ele and totem damage. What else would you like for an elemental attack based totem build? Crit? Yea sure if it is was a crit build, but it is not.

Feel free to post whatever skill-tree or setup you find "optimal", but if you don't please stop misleading potential interested players with your inaccurate statements.

Yeah I don't understand why hes shitting on this build. I'm having a ball with it clear speeds might not be the fastest but its strong. Just wish I could fine a 250+ edps bow :( Lioneye will have to do for now.

I have no idea either. Seems like he simply wants to argue for the sake of it :)

In my humble opinion Siege Ballista with a good weapon actually has the potential of achieving the highest clear speed of all totem builds if you get decent gear, so if your clear speed is average now, then it should a matter of upgrading your gear :)

You mention finding a bow above 250 edps? I just checked both SC and HC talisman, there seems to be lots of bows available in prices ranging from 10c to 4 exalts all above 270 to 320 edps? =)
Heh teach me to look only for 5-6 links >.<

Just gonna have to respect into resolute.
Last edited by Salicylic on Jan 24, 2016, 6:55:47 PM
"
Salicylic wrote:
Heh teach me to look only for 5-6 links >.<

Honestly bro, get a good bow with tons of damage and 5-link it safely by using vorici's crafting bench. This is my preferred method for this type of build :)
Leveled up to 60 this weekend a3m. I found it difficult to make the switch from flame totems to SB. My Flame totmes were just by them selvs, no frenzy, only sockets into that talisman were doing 2,500+dps. When I switched over at level 50 SB was doing 930dps. So I decided to wait till I could get a better bow and level a bit more. hit level 60 last night and decided to make the switch no matter what. I had to invest in a +30 dex node and purchase +dex gear and ended having to swap a lot of equipment for max res too. So, with the purchase of bow and new equipment I spent about 8c (all that I have in talisman). Now I am getting about 1200dps un-frenzied and with 4 frenzy getting over 2,500.

Could someone take a look at my equipment and let me know what I need to improve on? I'm not really good at making money, I usually spend what I find an thats basically it. I realized that I need to level up a master that I have not paid much attention to in order to craft bow stuff. :(

My level 60 equipment

Going to start working on my masters now and doing chaos recipe. Unfortunately for me no magic find on this character hehe. League is going to be over before I can make this guy a great ballista dood Im afraid, but at least its a neeto skill that isn't the OP blade fall or chaos fire build du jour.
Last edited by Shinare on Jan 25, 2016, 11:21:11 AM
"
"
Shinare wrote:
Trying this build out, I started last night. Did the "Night's Hold" + flame totem and I don't think I've ever run through areas this fast lol.

2 hours of play and I'm level 31 and starting a4n! :)

Someone said to me yesterday that if it takes me longer then 4 hours to get to merc then I'm not leveling right. Well, I guess I'm not. He wouldn't elaborate tho.

Disregard that comment mate. Getting to merciless even for seasoned players can easily take longer =)

I decided to time how long it takes for me to level and I seem to be right at 1 hour per act. (earlier level acts seemed to take less time and later level acts take a little more time. But it seemed to even out at about 1 hour per act. I think thats pretty good for me! hehehe

Flame Totem in a Night's hold seems to be what that unique was designed for! :)
Which bow is better for this build?

One I just found=323dps:

One I bought for 1c, spent massive currency linking and coloring, and am using=272dps:

I think, going off the dps the one I just found is better, but would need to socket and link and have run out of orbs, lol. Gonna have to start some dried lake runs. :)
Last edited by Shinare on Jan 25, 2016, 11:46:58 AM
"
Shinare wrote:
Which bow is better for this build?

One I just found=323dps:

One I bought for 1c, spent massive currency linking and coloring, and am using=272dps:

I think, going off the dps the one I just found is better, but would need to socket and link and have run out of orbs, lol. Gonna have to start some dried lake runs. :)

The bow you just found is amazing for this build. Make sure to craft attack speed on it to make it even more beastly! (Requires Tora level 6) :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jan 26, 2016, 6:55:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info