0.9.5 Ladder Prizes

"
Garr0t wrote:
While I recognize the intent of rewarding loyal beta players by allowing them to ladder rush for a prize, I actually think it is detrimental to beta testing, and detrimental to the health and well being of the game and it's players in general.

If it is still just the two acts in the game, that implies the content only supports levelling to 56, and then Maelstrom of Chaos will take you up to 58 (I think).

Levelling beyond the game's available content leads inevitability to the questions about what 'end game' there will be. It is my belief this is why we are suddenly seeing a resurgence in the plethora of currency/trade threads.

Because the only thing after levelling past 60 is item grinding (be it sockets/orbs/rares/uniques), people are trying to figure out what they are going to do with all this unused 'l33t' gear sitting in their stash or mules.

This leads to the current trend in talk about how to manage trades efficiently; That a common currency should be used to allow non-interactive valuations of goods; That an offline method of trading be made available; That there needs to be some sort of mechanism to swap currencies (orbs) to facilitate trade. I have chosen not to participate in these discussions because I think they are premature.

All I see is that people are finished playing the game and they are waiting to see what's next. Because the trading aspect of the game hasn't been released yet, it's the only thing left to beat around the bush.

Fellow Alpha/Beta testers, I appeal to all of you as a gamer, that we bring our focus back on helping GGG balance the passive skill tree and skill/support gem mechanic before pushing them onto something else. I think the implications on how the game is actually played are much more critical to the longevity of the game than whether or not you can get fair value for that item in your stash.

Um, this lets them test against short term and long term balance from scratch. Both rushing and end game grinding which may not be apparent in other ways. Having a stash full of legacy items and twinking a char makes testing this impossible. Now that we are mostly familiar with different builds we can really test them in a clean environment providing valuable feedback on skills/passives based on the results.
Please keep your logic and thoughtful comments to yourself.

This is all about poop buckets and hate, get on board man.

I'm excited to see the changes and work out the bugs, could really care less about prizes. My prize will be seeing the game go live.
SOTWGUILD.COM
Last edited by Synner on Dec 22, 2011, 2:15:14 PM
"
Garr0t wrote:

Fellow Alpha/Beta testers, I appeal to all of you as a gamer, that we bring our focus back on helping GGG balance the passive skill tree and skill/support gem mechanic before pushing them onto something else. I think the implications on how the game is actually played are much more critical to the longevity of the game than whether or not you can get fair value for that item in your stash.

Agree, this is why i keep asking for the power charge skill, game mechanics come before everything else.
For whatever reason they keep forcing witches to play without them, they are even making balance changes without this basic mechanic available.
Also they seem to really want us to waste points on fkin %damage increases.
I agree .. why not have all charges out for us to use? Mechanics and game play are not accurate for the witch class because of this. I also hope the new flask setup isn't a farce. Look forward to the patch tho... kinda wish they would whip our old chars :/
"
DrTenma wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:

Agree, this is why i keep asking for the power charge skill, game mechanics come before everything else.
For whatever reason they keep forcing witches to play without them, they are even making balance changes without this basic mechanic available.

The developers of the game are hosting the competition, it was there idea, what the hell are you talking about? If they thought it was detrimental they wouldn't have made the damn event in the first place.

The power charge thing is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with the OP's comments about the competition. However, it is certainly a priority for GGG not sure how one could think otherwise considering its intrigal to the class, it just may be the case that GGG want's to balance the Witch without the charges first.. because it's easier.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Dec 22, 2011, 10:22:25 PM
I just reached level 70 on my witch...what a grind...

I leveled to 66 in felshrine ruins, was way easier and faster than chaos, all easy white mobs in there.
Last edited by Sparka on Dec 25, 2011, 7:11:21 PM
"
DrTenma wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:

Power charges work ok now, since minions die so fast in chaos...Could always use a couple low level zombie/spectre gems, take a couple minion passives, and charge on minion death, and just cast weak zombies to keep up charges I guess...
I did 68 in waterfall and then went on to do 70 in chaos. Man was that annoying or what, died a million times!

EDIT: did anyone get this yet? I haven't gotten mine yet, is it going to be an announcement for this or something?
Last edited by ighnaz on Dec 31, 2011, 6:12:43 AM
"
ighnaz wrote:
I did 68 in waterfall and then went on to do 70 in chaos. Man was that annoying or what, died a million times!

EDIT: did anyone get this yet? I haven't gotten mine yet, is it going to be an announcement for this or something?

Looks like we have to wait till the hardcores make it to 70....had I known that, I probably wouldn't have bothered.
Oops, I should probably finish my duelist off then since the only other duelist anywhere near 70 has been idle for quite awhile.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info