0.9.5 Ladder Prizes

Hah, sweet, I actually might take part in this "competition". Should be fun :)
Ordo ab Chao
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
So 350 levels, ouch that's rough. I couldn't pull that off if I tried. But I am curious how long it would take for someone who's dedicated though.

umm you only need to get to 70 of one character class to get the reward.
The first level 70 templar gets one, the first level 70 ranger gets one, and so on.

You quoted me just before my edit. But yea, I get it now. Will be interesting to see how fast people will get their chars to 70. Also which class will be the fastest. I'm betting Witch may make it first to 70.
\

Oh i thought he meant. That you have to have one of each chr type at lvl 70 on one accnt to achieve this goal. not just one chr at lvl 70 hmm idk though. but if he meant that all the chr types gotta be on one accnt hes really trying for us to test out everything. wise move there chris. lol
rawrawr
Hmm, aren't you supporting acc sharing with these kinds of competitions?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:

LOL account sharing is against the ToS period. Smooth.
Account sharing would only benefit 1 person, so... I don't see the point. You play, I sleep. I play, you sleep. I get prize.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
hesmen wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:

LOL account sharing is against the ToS period. Smooth.

I know?

@WB88
Can be sold and the profit shared.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
I won't participate in this contest for two reasons:

1. This contest is supporting unhealthy gaming. It takes over 24 hours played to reach level 70, and some people will actually stay at their computer for this amount of time or more without sleep.

2. The amulet isn't that great. I got one from the contest last weekend; the 20% elemental resist is basically useless (anyone running Chaos will tell you the same), +20 to all stats is far superior to Rarity (and regardless, you can get a rarity necklace with much better stats), and the character size increase is "kind of cool" but after playing with it for 5 minutes you forget it's even there. Not to mention the camera is already zoomed in too far and this makes it look even worse.
"
ardikus wrote:

1. This contest is supporting unhealthy gaming. It takes over 24 hours played to reach level 70, and some people will actually stay at their computer for this amount of time or more without sleep.

Totally agree, I am pretty surprised that the developers are promoting this type of unhealthy gaming.
While I recognize the intent of rewarding loyal beta players by allowing them to ladder rush for a prize, I actually think it is detrimental to beta testing, and detrimental to the health and well being of the game and it's players in general.

If it is still just the two acts in the game, that implies the content only supports levelling to 56, and then Maelstrom of Chaos will take you up to 58 (I think).

Levelling beyond the game's available content leads inevitability to the questions about what 'end game' there will be. It is my belief this is why we are suddenly seeing a resurgence in the plethora of currency/trade threads.

Because the only thing after levelling past 60 is item grinding (be it sockets/orbs/rares/uniques), people are trying to figure out what they are going to do with all this unused 'l33t' gear sitting in their stash or mules.

This leads to the current trend in talk about how to manage trades efficiently; That a common currency should be used to allow non-interactive valuations of goods; That an offline method of trading be made available; That there needs to be some sort of mechanism to swap currencies (orbs) to facilitate trade. I have chosen not to participate in these discussions because I think they are premature.

All I see is that people are finished playing the game and they are waiting to see what's next. Because the trading aspect of the game hasn't been released yet, it's the only thing left to beat around the bush.

Fellow Alpha/Beta testers, I appeal to all of you as a gamer, that we bring our focus back on helping GGG balance the passive skill tree and skill/support gem mechanic before pushing them onto something else. I think the implications on how the game is actually played are much more critical to the longevity of the game than whether or not you can get fair value for that item in your stash.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Dec 22, 2011, 1:16:38 PM
i have a piss bottle, feces bucket, moved fridge next to pc, nitro pills in case my heart has issues, eyedrops for dry eyes, some aspirin for the inevitable headache from staring at screen.

or...

i dont care so i just play as usual instead of whining i won't "win".

hmm...
~SotW HC Guild~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info