0.9.5 Patch Notes

"
konfeta wrote:
Another question if you got time/info Chris!

Will we, at some point, get an actual way to preview/see the list of reward gems?

The absolutely worst part of this skill system is the tremendous difficulty in planning out a build when you end up with situations where you have gem A and B offered at one quest, you pick gem A with hope of getting gem B later, only to get gem A a couple more times from the subsequent quest rewards and not get another shot at gem B for an entire difficulty change or two.

Very obnoxious.

Definitely very annoying lol....
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Heh. You want to drive some of the testers completely mad? Randomize the gem rewards.

RNG is apparently the bane of some of the beta testers according to some of the in game chats I've participated in...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
crazyslice wrote:
"Applied the "currency drop penalty" to Skill Gems and Scrolls also. This penalty applies if you're playing in an area far lower level than you are."

What does this mean?
My chars are always 5 or more lvls than the lvl of the area. Even a fresh char will be higher lvl than the lvl he is atm after some grinding. You can hit lvl 27 in a blink of an eye and youll be 6 lvls higher than the Alira zone which is lvl 21 normal. And i wont get wisdom and portal scrolls for that? I dont understand.

If you're 5 levels above the area then you get a 7.5% reduction in the drop rate of these items ((level difference - 2) * 2.5%). You kill fast enough when higher level that this is not a problem. It's still beneficial to farm for currency in lower areas, but at least not completely abusable like it was in 0.9.2.

"
prodiii wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Added two new world areas, currently called the "Ancient Pyramid" and the "Old Fields Cave".[/li]

just regular maps, right ? nothing about increasing experience curve or higher endgame lvl areas ?

Right

"
prodiii wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

[li]More than doubled the number of Unique Items in the game.[/li]

do we have some fix amount of quantity/rarity to find any ? i played a lot and didnt get one yet :D

They're very rare.

"
prodiii wrote:

"
Chris wrote:

[li]We're now biasing towards higher item base types extremely strongly for most item types. This means that it's much easier to stay up to date with the current highest item type for each slot. For example, if a bow drops in the Maelstrom of Chaos, there's a ~40% chance that it's the level 58 bow.[/li]

40% sounds quite high now. lets hope it wont be too high ;) but yeah im looking forward to it. also i didnt see much about bosses - can we expect the same as in 0.9.4 poor drops ?

Actually yes, bosses do drop a bit more now. I forgot to put that in the patch notes.

"
konfeta wrote:
Another question if you got time/info Chris!

Will we, at some point, get an actual way to preview/see the list of reward gems?

The absolutely worst part of this skill system is the tremendous difficulty in planning out a build when you end up with situations where you have gem A and B offered at one quest, you pick gem A with hope of getting gem B later, only to get gem A a couple more times from the subsequent quest rewards and not get another shot at gem B for an entire difficulty change or two.

Very obnoxious.

Yes, that needs to be exposed on the website or in game.

"
Torin wrote:
Sooo, when are we going to get skills that give power charges?

Soon! Skills require a lot of people to be involved, and the Christmas break is disturbing that process. As people get back in January it'll get easier to add that type of content again.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
If that happens, ladder races will go from "mostly RNG dependent" to "entirely RNG dependent."

A Witch that doesn't get Frost Nova within 15 minutes isn't coming anywhere near top 20 score.

Also, Flask drops. Evil RNG on flask drops screws you over horrifically, especially if you don't have the currency to buy them at the shop.

Hopefully the "40% chance to get highest level of item class if item drops" example applies to all items.

"
Soon! Skills require a lot of people to be involved, and the Christmas break is disturbing that process. As people get back in January it'll get easier to add that type of content again.

You need to hire Ebenezer Scrooge as your manager.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 22, 2011, 3:20:13 PM
Concerning gem rewards: I would suggest borrowing something from MMOs and provide multiple Quest fulfillment objectives with the reward a known quantity.

For example you talk to a quest giver and you get options:

There's a rash of zombies in Terraces. If you can take out 30 of em, you can have this here red gem that seems to improve your ability to keep groups of opponents off your back! (reward: sweep or cleave)

The spitter population has bloomed because a bunch of fish carcasses washed ashore. Bring me back the shells of 25 of them and in exchange I'll give you this blue gem I found on the beach. It's cold to the touch and seems like it'll be handy... (reward: one of the cold based int gems)

Etc...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Garr0t wrote:
Concerning gem rewards: I would suggest borrowing something from MMOs and provide multiple Quest fulfillment objectives with the reward a known quantity.

There's a rash of zombies in Terraces. If you can take out 30 of em, you can have this here red gem that seems to improve your ability to keep groups of opponents off your back! (reward: sweep or cleave)

The spitter population has bloomed because a bunch of fish carcasses washed ashore. Bring me back the shells of 25 of them and in exchange I'll give you this blue gem I found on the beach. It's cold to the touch and seems like it'll be handy... (reward: one of the cold based int gems)

Etc...

Oh god no.
"
Sickness wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:

Etc...

Oh god no.

hehe yeah i dont like that idea. its hack and slash game not an MMO. i would be even totally fine without quests and without quest rewards. that would make some more active trading with skill and support gems also ;)
i got my beta key from Icoblablubb - vielen danke !!!

the first (and only?) 6 linked blue sox on magic armor in beta :P
"
ardikus wrote:
So what are the new % modifiers for Frenzy charges and Endurance charges? I believe they were 8% and 7% in 0.9.4.

Also thumbs up to the flask changes, health changes, and difficulty increase. Can't wait to see what it's like in hardcore.

Am also wondering this, endurance was 7% physical damage reduce & all elemental resist but frenzy? Innate bonus was the x% attack speed increase I thought, what will it be?
ign PhysicalActivity
"
wildjesus wrote:
"
ardikus wrote:
So what are the new % modifiers for Frenzy charges and Endurance charges? I believe they were 8% and 7% in 0.9.4.

Also thumbs up to the flask changes, health changes, and difficulty increase. Can't wait to see what it's like in hardcore.

Am also wondering this, endurance was 7% physical damage reduce & all elemental resist but frenzy? Innate bonus was the x% attack speed increase I thought, what will it be?

Yes Frenzy was 8% attack speed per charge, without the passives that add 2%. I'm guessing they reduced it to 6% or 5%.
"
Chris wrote:

• Removed the 10% damage bonus that monsters get per additional party member.

Nice changes there, appreciated, but i do not see any point why 10% damage bonus of monsters are removed ?
You raise the game difficulty more, but then again remove the monster damage that's gotten by additional party member.

This is contradiction

People were prefering doing solo most of the time regarding to find items for his/her own good, now there is none reason left for grouping anymore. More people will prefer solo...

"
zriL wrote:
No avatar of fire nerf ?

Good point, since there is none trace about scaling up the resistances of monsters yet, imbalance and abuse shall continue down the road, unless we see any moderate buff on resistances of monsters.

Hope we shall see this implemented in following patches.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Dec 22, 2011, 4:20:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info