[2.4] zSavage's Poison Hurricane (Crit Poison BV)[Budget Friendly][Assassin]

"
I've powered through everything up to the trio on my first Atziri attempt at level 78. I let the dual striker be the last to die and got wrecked. There's definitely some potential here!

The dual striker periodically casts a version of Vaal Molten Shell which deals a flat amount of damage every time you hit him (which is a lot). Try to kill him first, but make sure not to attack when he is glowing red.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
An update for you guys: I'm currently playing this build again in the Prophecy League. Currently level 83.

IGN: EyeOfBlight

Gear

Tree

I've completed the Merc lab and am currently getting trials for Uber lab and have 3/4 pieces for the Pale Council. I have my first Atziri set of the league and should be running it soon-ish.

How are your guys' characters going? Anything I can help out with?

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
eugenetan199 wrote:
Tested out this build in Perandus SC and works great! Totally budget friendly (not a single core item and average 4L gear can get you through almost everything). However, I did run into some problems and I'll elaborate them in the following points:

Stat Problems
Lv 20 Blade Vortex (155 Dex) / Lv 21 Blade Vortex (159 Dex)

Also, since we're going to focus on armor, most pure armor gears require a huge chunk of strength. For example, the best base for pure armor (Glorious Plate) requires 191 strength. Of course, we can opt for armor/eva hybrid chests but honestly I don't see a point in getting that tiny bit of evasion and sacrificing so much armor, considering we have no evasion nodes and mostly armor nodes.

I got a question there... how do u keep up with the strenght requirement`?? i got huge problems there (lvl 58)
Thx in advance

Other than that, i am happyly playing :) build is really nice and i finally found a friend who could buy most of the gems i need (like increased duration) :)

Another question :)

is the shield necessary or would it be better to play with 2 daggers?
Last edited by Lynoa on Jun 11, 2016, 6:06:22 AM
Can I play this build with a 6L carcass?
"
Lynoa wrote:
I got a question there... how do u keep up with the strength requirement`?? i got huge problems there (lvl 58)
Thx in advance

I took a +30 STR node while leveling, and occasionally used gear with STR on it (like amber amulets).
Once you hit the templar area and/or the STR nodes near the life wheel on the way to the second duration cluster, you should have enough STR to be able to drop that +30 STR node and likely some of the STR gear.

As for shield vs 2x daggers, in the endgame you're going to want the shield. If you notice yourself starting to take big hits from those melee enemies you're close to, you'll start to see the need for the armor. But while leveling 2x daggers is usually OK until around the end of A3 cruel.

"
KyleXD wrote:
Can I play this build with a 6L carcass?

You can but you'd need a very good shield or other armor gear to compensate for the missing armor from the chest slot. The damage and AoE are helpful. Personally I wouldn't since I like having armor, but if you are ok with the feel without the armor from the chest it's a good choice.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Just a suggestion for leveling purposes buy a reverberation wand to get spell echo and have a side 4 link at level 24
"
zSavage wrote:
"
Lynoa wrote:
I got a question there... how do u keep up with the strength requirement`?? i got huge problems there (lvl 58)
Thx in advance

I took a +30 STR node while leveling, and occasionally used gear with STR on it (like amber amulets).
Once you hit the templar area and/or the STR nodes near the life wheel on the way to the second duration cluster, you should have enough STR to be able to drop that +30 STR node and likely some of the STR gear.

As for shield vs 2x daggers, in the endgame you're going to want the shield. If you notice yourself starting to take big hits from those melee enemies you're close to, you'll start to see the need for the armor. But while leveling 2x daggers is usually OK until around the end of A3 cruel.

Thanks a lot :)
yea since I got to the str area, that is not a problem anymore... now its dex :P but ill manage :)
Somehow atm i'm dying a lot lately... guess i really should start capping these resist :) (now in mercy act 3)
Last edited by Lynoa on Jun 11, 2016, 3:35:32 PM
Hey tehre again :)

So i am now at the end of act 3, with Lvl 66. and all my resists are capped finally... but somehow i die a lot. (this build is sooo nice and i am too *dumb* to do it?)
So i would apriciate any help u can give me :)

What my problems are:

1) serpents.. or the snakes that shoot poison. I cant get fast enought to them.
The hughe skelletons if there are 3 of them they one hit me. and sometimes i whirl right into them .... and the strange beasts which look like birds on 2 legs and shoot kifes if they die.. these knifes nearly kill me if i have a pack of em and kill em fast.
2) i have spell echo... but it is hard for me to get over 20 stacks of blade vortex. so i onlx use warlords mark, to have more Mana and be able to use whirling blades to come close to enemys.

Question: should i move through packs more? maybe i am standing too still?

So my main things:
- dying too fast
- moving not fast enought? (i have whirling blades and faster atack speed but still its like: whirl - stop... -whirl. its not smooth but like stop and go
- not enought dmg? (since i cant get bladevortex over 20 most of the time)

I know u need more info on gear etc... how can i post gear?
thx a lot in advance!

It sounds like you need to armor up.

All of the threats you're describing are physical damage threats.

You can run a granite flask, which will help.
If you don't have enduring cry/immortal call yet, this is something you can use for a burst of phys immunity.

Not having 20 stacks isn't an issue. I clear most content running around on 10-16 stacks. I only stack up to higher numbers. for boss fights.

To post gear, while in a reply, click on the name of your character in the upper left. A pop up thing with your character's gear will appear. Click on each item to insert a link into your post.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Thank you very much! ill try to find better gear, finally made it to dry lake in chapter 4 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info