[2.2] Sando's Crit Trapper (HC viable, 95%Crit, Assassin, Fire/Ice/Bear trap, Atziri)

Hello i wanted to join in here on the crit trapper assasin since im playing it myself.

currently lvl 80 only in hardcorde perandus league but i find my build really good and super easy to farm bosses and mobs.
havent tried the really hardest bosses yet but i can honesty say that i feel like it will do pretty well versus them

i currently have 4400 hp and 1200 ES with my build and focusing on using ice trap as main skill
the build will generate up at around 165% health 93% ES (trying to figure out more health issue but dont know if i should remove arcane focus and go for purity of flesh at higher lvls)

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAQHBLMFQgceCNQN0Q5IES0Rlho4HU8gbiaVJy8pTyoLLJwtHzIYMtE1uTpYOtg8BT1fQZZFR0V8RZ1HBklRSbFMs1AwUlNTMVNSVUtVxl3yYeJirGNDZJ1o8mpDaxdrt2yMcFFwUnZvfIN-sH_GgpuD24V9idOKBow2j_qQVZMnlSCVLpeVl5eaO5rgnaqf36IAoqOnK66zswO0OLTFt3W5k7zqwFTAZsHzwwnQH9D118_YVNvn44TlGevu6_XsOO4V73zviO_r8B_w1fD58h3y4fk3-_U=

that will be my lvl 90 build proximitly and running around with about 14k dmg for each ice trap

my set up is

Ice trap - Cluster trap - cold penetration - increased critical damage - elemental focus

(its insane boost dmg who cares if they dont freeze if they all die in 1 volley)

Fire trap - elemental focus - fire penetration - increased burning damage
(switching out elemental focus for item rarity for easier maps just because)

i highly recommend trying this build also.
you dont need the elemental equilibrium this far at least and its really nice.
"
wcbigworm wrote:
Hi Sando! Looking at starting your build soon. Quick question though!

What are your thoughts on Saboteur vs Assassin? I watch pohx use Saboteur and his clear speed seemed much faster as you can have many traps going off at once clearing a lot of enemies. Thoughts on the pros/cons there?

Thanks for the awesome build/guide!

Clear speed looks fast if it takes a short time moving from one pack to another pack. Instead of looking at that, I think it's correct to see how much damage goes to the mob. Saboteur fits well with non crit version. If you want to play a crit build, Assassin fits more. By changing the tree a bit with Saboteur, crit chance only becomes around 47%. If this is ok for you, Saboteur is a good choice as well.
* IGN :: Sando
* Stream :: twitch.tv/pfmesando
* Sando's Dual Strike Scion Guide :: view-thread/982505
* Sando's Necro Explosive Arrow Shadow Guide :: view-thread/1095772
* Korean Community :: eyeofleopard.com
"
Masterempun wrote:
Hello i wanted to join in here on the crit trapper assasin since im playing it myself.

Thx for sharing:)
Hi. I'm interested in trying your build, using Ice Trap as main skill. I kind of confused over the gem links. In a 5L, that would be Ice Trap - Cluster Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Cold Penetration - Increased Critical Strikes?
Your 5L states: Fire Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect - Increased Critical Damage

Controlled destruction with increased crit damage? Am i missing something?

I started from this build, but I'm going to try to include some extra frenzy charges & Master Sapper as well, hope it works out :)
"
lussiano wrote:
Hi. I'm interested in trying your build, using Ice Trap as main skill. I kind of confused over the gem links. In a 5L, that would be Ice Trap - Cluster Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Cold Penetration - Increased Critical Strikes?

I think Controlled Destruction would be better than Increased Critical Strike.
"
Hibbobotamus wrote:
Your 5L states: Fire Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect - Increased Critical Damage

Controlled destruction with increased crit damage? Am i missing something?

I started from this build, but I'm going to try to include some extra frenzy charges & Master Sapper as well, hope it works out :)

As you can see from above screenshot, even with controlled destruction gem, crit chance is still 51%. This is the reason why I chose Increased Critical Damage.
Good Luck!
Last edited by sando on Mar 22, 2016, 3:12:48 AM
And if we used Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction? We wouldn't lose critical strike chance this way.
"
lussiano wrote:
And if we used Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction? We wouldn't lose critical strike chance this way.

If you use Elemental Focus, you lose burning dmg. This depends on your personal preference.
"
sando wrote:
"
lussiano wrote:

If you use Elemental Focus, you lose burning dmg. This depends on your personal preference.

I'm using Ball Lightning trap to trigger EE, when necessary, and Ice Trap as my main skill. So, no burning for me. I think I'll change Controlled Destruction for Elemental Focus and see how it goes. Anywyay, thanks for your response and for a great build. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I respeced my shadow on standard to this and as soon as gems hit level 18 or 19 I'll try Atziri.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info