2.2 Crit Vaal Molten Shell - 1 000 000+ DPS because why not?

How do you feel the build does in a group setting? With the initial souls needed/vaal gem do you find you can maintain the same uptime? Have had a few builds where it's great solo but not the most enjoyable in a party haha.
"
jlariv wrote:
How do you feel the build does in a group setting? With the initial souls needed/vaal gem do you find you can maintain the same uptime? Have had a few builds where it's great solo but not the most enjoyable in a party haha.

Depends on the party.

I've had parties that are just super slow. If I have to wait on people, it's hard to keep your VMS up. Also in corridor/maze maps, some ppl seem to enjoy taking various different routes so that's annoying.

I don't typically party unless it's with friends I know and it's never more than 2-3 players per map. I like going fast, I pick up necessities and zoom through content. I got friends that go just as fast so it's a non issue when I party with them.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Bump
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I will be in florida for the next few days, but I'll try answering questions if there are any.
How do i go about lvling? In which direction do i start to go and when(skilltree)?
"
Paulomat wrote:
How do i go about lvling? In which direction do i start to go and when(skilltree)?

I have done fine with starting off damage, I took Firewalker + Frostwalker though as the small resists will help when you dont have gear.

I used Firestorm + Cold Herald.

After that, I did a hard left into Elementalist/Light of Div. The resists + Extra life is really good as you wont need more damage at all.

Just make sure u use a fire resist potion so you dont one shot yourself, its the only problem I have in merciless is I cant react fast enough to Reflect elemental.

You will die to Act4 Bosses once or twice, the book guy is a real pain because of the cast time on firestorm.

If I was to re-level I would probably just use Crit-Nova and spend all the respec points you get to swap.
ok so
Helm - 15exalt
Chestpiece - 15exalt
3 sacrificial harvests - 2exalt each so 6exalt
The Consuming Dark - 2exalt
Doryani's Invitation - 1exalt
boots, gloves, rings, amulet - 1exalt

(the 6 link pledge of hands would be 18 exalts but i chose to not even use a staff at all because 1: i like leveling empower/enlighten gems in my secondary equips and 2: i hate swapping gear so i oped to use a firestorm/increases area/concentrated area in the rare dagger. so i wont include its price in my expense roster)

40 exalts ! ! ! told you id spare no expense! but also im dying quite abit :(
my toon 0% exp lvl 86 any good option to farm? been farming dried lake but those snakes that shoot you deal chaos dmg and of course i have 0 chaos res despite capping all other res followed skilltree exactly, except that the Immortal call/Increased duration/CWDT was only lasting .40 seconds which is not as effective as you think =/ so i took 4 skill nodes away from minor life nodes and speced into "Whispers of Doom" enemies can have 1 additional curse, the curse i chose was Warlord's Mark, to use this i took out Herald of thunder because the only thing HoT does is shoot lightning bolts around . . . your build is already MASSIVELY killing stuff! you dont need this XD so thats out, replaced with warlords mark, im generating 3 endurance charges, those charges get used for immortal call, immortal call lasts 2-3 seconds now.

my last problem. the chestpiece and ive sunk 400 chromes into this already it. will. not. give. me. 3 BLUES AND 3 REDS!!! i do not need added cold damage! aarrrgg!!!! its totally awesome to freeze bosses but its NOT totally awesome to not have a vaal molten shell up :( this is ultimate sad face i want to replace the green added cold damage with another red vaal molten shell when facing atziri she has 3 phases and at each phase she dies and come back to full life. . . .thats alot more time than 20 seconds for 1 VMS to last for. a second one gurantees u have a VMS for the entire fight 2 VMS gurantees you have it 100% of the time during mapping. . . . going to keep dumping chromes into my carcass jack until i get 3R and 3B. . .

that was my youtube comment i just copy/paste here

UPDATE!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3amvj5/psa_vaal_molten_shell_does_actually_benefit_from/

for more info on the spell echo VMS combo, also i wasnt able to get my carcass to have the colors i wanted :(
Last edited by PleaseMasterMakeMeScream on Dec 24, 2015, 6:41:48 AM
Is there any alternative items to Mind Cage? It's pretty hard to get this item on new league.. Why this build don't work with "Blood rage" for example?
"Adds a buff that deals Physical Damage over time...."
Sorry if my english is bad.
"
ok so
Helm - 15exalt
Chestpiece - 15exalt
3 sacrificial harvests - 2exalt each so 6exalt
The Consuming Dark - 2exalt
Doryani's Invitation - 1exalt
boots, gloves, rings, amulet - 1exalt

(the 6 link pledge of hands would be 18 exalts but i chose to not even use a staff at all because 1: i like leveling empower/enlighten gems in my secondary equips and 2: i hate swapping gear so i oped to use a firestorm/increases area/concentrated area in the rare dagger. so i wont include its price in my expense roster)

40 exalts ! ! ! told you id spare no expense! but also im dying quite abit :(
my toon 0% exp lvl 86 any good option to farm? been farming dried lake but those snakes that shoot you deal chaos dmg and of course i have 0 chaos res despite capping all other res followed skilltree exactly, except that the Immortal call/Increased duration/CWDT was only lasting .40 seconds which is not as effective as you think =/ so i took 4 skill nodes away from minor life nodes and speced into "Whispers of Doom" enemies can have 1 additional curse, the curse i chose was Warlord's Mark, to use this i took out Herald of thunder because the only thing HoT does is shoot lightning bolts around . . . your build is already MASSIVELY killing stuff! you dont need this XD so thats out, replaced with warlords mark, im generating 3 endurance charges, those charges get used for immortal call, immortal call lasts 2-3 seconds now.

my last problem. the chestpiece and ive sunk 400 chromes into this already it. will. not. give. me. 3 BLUES AND 3 REDS!!! i do not need added cold damage! aarrrgg!!!! its totally awesome to freeze bosses but its NOT totally awesome to not have a vaal molten shell up :( this is ultimate sad face i want to replace the green added cold damage with another red vaal molten shell when facing atziri she has 3 phases and at each phase she dies and come back to full life. . . .thats alot more time than 20 seconds for 1 VMS to last for. a second one gurantees u have a VMS for the entire fight 2 VMS gurantees you have it 100% of the time during mapping. . . . going to keep dumping chromes into my carcass jack until i get 3R and 3B. . .

that was my youtube comment i just copy/paste here

UPDATE!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3amvj5/psa_vaal_molten_shell_does_actually_benefit_from/

for more info on the spell echo VMS combo, also i wasnt able to get my carcass to have the colors i wanted :(

So a few things...

Youre gathering souls with a 3 link so thats horrible. a 5l link pledge is like a 6l staff, its what im using and I still find it a bit slow but its decent.

2nd, youre SUPPOSED to be using dual curse so you get end charges.

For atziri, replace duration and golem on your immortal CWDT setup with 2 extra VMS gems. You can swap them in with your main VMS gem in your 6L during the atziri fight once theyre filled with souls. Why would you drop added cold to uselessly put another VMS in the same 6 link. Thats not how it works man.

I talked to GGG concerning the VMS and echo and crits thing. The info I have in the thread right now is the latest and most accurate. I updated the wiki as well.

Its best that you follow the thread rather than branch out until you get a better feel of the build. You shouldnt be 1 shotting yourself if you have a consuming dark. I havent done that once since I put it on. Maybe you need more fire resist?

I dont know which version of the thread youre reading but almost everything you mentioned is already in the thread.

"
lesok4321 wrote:
Is there any alternative items to Mind Cage? It's pretty hard to get this item on new league.. Why this build don't work with "Blood rage" for example?
"Adds a buff that deals Physical Damage over time...."
Sorry if my english is bad.

Sorry but thats a damage over time and it wont act like scolds. Also the point is to decide how fast the procs go with incinerate. Scolds is the only necessary item.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 25, 2015, 9:10:55 AM
it would seem that an empower lvl 4 may also be a necessary item as you wont see the 90k DPS tooltip without it :(
im 30k dps with full power charges no empower. . .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info