[2.1] Airstrike Inbound, a crit poison Bladefall Trapper

"
bahamut458 wrote:

Your build posted anywhere?

I haven't. But I edited the post and linked my tree.
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
"
bahamut458 wrote:

Your build posted anywhere?

I haven't. But I edited the post and linked my tree.

Ahh that's how you solve the mana issues, soul siphon seems like a decent choice till you get the right gear.
what do you think about grabbing hearth and soul for some extra life and mana?
"
Duds55Top wrote:
what do you think about grabbing hearth and soul for some extra life and mana?

Heart and Soul is definitely worth picking up, decent life and mana and not too far off our tree.
noot
Always loved playing trappers, was bummed when they nerfed ele prolif with fire trap so I'm really enjoying playing this build right now.

Here's what my gear looks like atm:

Spoiler

tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcEswVCBbUGcAceCNQI9A5IES0RLxGWFm8WvxpsJKomiCaVKgsrCiycLR8yGDLRNj026TwFPV9BlkVHRZ1JUUyzTp9SU1NSVUtVxlxAXfJh4mKsZJ1kqmjyajZqQ2qMbIxtGXBRcFJ1_XZven98g36wf8aD24RvigaMNo_6lSCVLpeVl_Sa4JuGnaqiAKKjotmus7DYswO0xbUEtUi3MLd1wFTAZsHzwuzIFND11ELYVNvn42rkIuha62Pr7uv17BjuFe988B_w1fD58h31bw==?accountName=zoinkjr&characterName=TheGunslinger

DPS is a little on the low side, only 7k tooltip on bladefall, but my crit multi is pretty low (270ish). Still don't have any problems clearing with one multitrap cast and a bear trap or two for bosses at my current state.

I tried to prioritize mana regeneration on gear to try and fix my mana issues. Right now I can run one curse + blasphemy (usually enfeeble), arctic armour, and clarity and not have any issues. I'm curious how many of you are running AA though. With this build you're on the move so much it doesn't seem like the damage reduction helps often, and I'm curious if the chilled ground is worth it.

Also considering getting rid of the purity of flesh cluster and going down to herbalism and picking up acro, but that'd mean I'd be better off switching to pure eva gear as right now I have about 1200 es on top of my 4400 life. I saw one other person running acro in the thread, anyone else doing it with a noticeable improvement?
Last edited by zoinkjr on Jan 8, 2016, 12:32:40 PM
This build looks very squishy; how viable is it for true end-game? (e.g. 90+?)

From what I can tell, the health is always going to be low. Any thoughts from seasoned players who have taken this build 80+ and also had other characters 90+?
All that and a bag of chips!
Hi, I have only one level 90 character (a Mom Lightning coil build that is very tanky) but I took this one to 83 and am still levelling easily. I am only starting yellow maps and my version of the build is using Acro. I think it is on the squishy side, BUT the trap system allows me to be out of the fray 99% of the time : launch trap, move. Launch trap move. However, yesterday I was cornered by a blue pack recently and died swiftly (a better player could have survived I guess). I would certainly not recommend the build for HC.

Considering the "frailty" of the build, I gave a try to RichMoney's bladefallbuild (running both concurrently) : no trap, poison-bladefall and lots of DPS + quite a lot of HP (considering he's sitting at 4400 HP at level 74 with two Ming's Heart equipped, I'd say he's quite tanky -and you can choose not to use two Ming's to even improve it). Poison-Bladefall is still impressive, but the feeling is not at all the same : you have to stop moving for a while to cast and then you're exposed much more. The armor, IC and endurance charges from Daresso's defiance helps a lot to mitigate incoming damage of course. But AznR4ga's build is more about not getting hit.

I think AznR4ge's build could maybe benefit from Daresso's defiance (if you use the templar area, an additional endurance charge would then be available). I'll give it a try as I got a 5-L for RichMoney's version.

As a side note : Master Sapper still seems overkill to me, as I can't solve mana issues. I can't launch 9 traps without a potion. But I can't estimate whether it is beneficial or not when I flask. I'm considering respeccing 6 points somewhere else.

My tree and gear :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcEswVCBbUGcAceDkgRLREvEZYV7RZvFr8YahvgHRQj9iaVJ6krCiycLR8wfDLRM3g2PTfUPAVBlkVHRZ1JUUyzTZJOn1FHUlNTUlS9VUtVxlb6WAdcQF3yYeJirGSqajZqjGyMdf14L3p_fIN85X8rf8aD24RvjX2Nv49Gj_qQDZUglS6Wi5eVmuCbhpuhnaqiAKKjotmnCK6zsNi0xbVIt3XAZsHzwuzIFNAf1CPUQtW542rnOutj6-7sGO0_7hXvfO_r8NX1b_rS?accountName=Pingouinmalin&characterName=Caller_of_the_Abyss
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Jan 10, 2016, 5:21:17 AM
"
Mooginator wrote:

From what I can tell, the health is always going to be low. Any thoughts from seasoned players who have taken this build 80+ and also had other characters 90+?

Check my lvl 94 character in profile.

(The two stone ring is for ele weakness map only. I usually run another diamond ring.)
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Jan 10, 2016, 12:03:59 PM
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
"
Mooginator wrote:

Check my lvl 94 character in profile.

(The two stone ring is for ele weakness map only. I usually run another diamond ring.)

Your characters aren't visible in profile. I'd be interested in checking yours out if you don't mind turning that on.
Exodus, I'd have some questions :

How much HP do you have with the Belly on ? I have one but I need to 5 link it first...

I see you're using Cold snap in a trap, but I'm more intrigued by the Abyssal Cry / Poison / Void manipulation (especially since AC isn't levelled at all) : what is the use of this ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info