[2.1] Airstrike Inbound, a crit poison Bladefall Trapper

The non crit version I posted above is still doing fantastically well - the layered defences result in a really tanky character and the damage output is still more than enough. I'm at 81 now and T6/7 maps without any issues or close calls - the only changes I've made are that I've given up on running two curses (just Enfeeble now) and cut back the tree to reflect this. If I start running into any damage problems, I'll respec to run Vulnerability as well, but I can't see that happening anytime soon - all my skill points from this point on are damage enhancing ones.

The tree now looks like https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df200eaBJpWEb8gMy71h4tRCVUu1SOtjES82PSsKnapd8myMDkhirBGWtzDuFbTFf8YUCbd1wuzb56KjwcUTbQW1cFHB8-wYJogGcI2_6NZ2b7MDlSCP-mSqTp_UIyLqmyZ-sDIYLR9cQJuGen8wccM6MgHYVEyzVL1qNt2om7WyGQQHl5UV7Ut4X7DPeoPbUlOWizpCykpVxj1fl_TVuda-b55RTDpY1S7xs6xH6NVLV31bwOMqTT8nSshuqrXyNZL-j9i9TeP-CqZX8kU64TGeJ6k=

Next aim is a 6 link Daresso's and for this version of the build, I think I'd opt for Controlled Destruction as the 6th link, but I'll play around when I reach that.
I really want to try a bladefall poison build but I prefer a self cast version, does anyone have a link to such a build or at least something to use as a base guide? May try mfing with it in dried lake.
Closed Beta Member.
Hi guys.
First I really like this build, fastest clearspeed you can imagine and still not that squishy.
Just changed the tree a bit
http://poeurl.com/v0P

My Gear right now is:
Spoiler

Divinarius is by far the most expensive gearpiece (like 40c)
Armor like 10c
Ming's Heart (5c)

Playing hybrid ES/Life
Got right now like 3,5k life and 2k Energyshield, but missing many nodes at level 79. So I think in a few levels it will be 4k life 4k Shield.

If you can afford try using vaal lightning trap. Insane DPS increase even more if you use vulnerability as self cast curse. Voll Merc dies in 1 lightning + 1 bladefall trap.

Some feedback on the gear/tree would be nice.
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Jan 18, 2016, 10:02:45 PM
"
ogorhan wrote:
I really want to try a bladefall poison build but I prefer a self cast version, does anyone have a link to such a build or at least something to use as a base guide? May try mfing with it in dried lake.

Try RichMoney's build (I have both running : very different and pleasant, as you get more HP but a little bit less mobility) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1541053/page/1
"
milemarker wrote:
The non crit version I posted above is still doing fantastically well - the layered defences result in a really tanky character and the damage output is still more than enough. I'm at 81 now and T6/7 maps without any issues or close calls - the only changes I've made are that I've given up on running two curses (just Enfeeble now) and cut back the tree to reflect this. If I start running into any damage problems, I'll respec to run Vulnerability as well, but I can't see that happening anytime soon - all my skill points from this point on are damage enhancing ones.

Next aim is a 6 link Daresso's and for this version of the build, I think I'd opt for Controlled Destruction as the 6th link, but I'll play around when I reach that.

I play similar build in HC and it's pretty ok'ish at defences and the dps is decent.
I have @90 ~ 5.5k life, 54% chance to evade (no Grace), 50% chance to dodge attacks, 55% chance to dodge spells + CWDT IC + AA + WB with Fortify. All of these with Atziri's Step boots and Hyrri's Ire.

Looking forward to replace the chest with LC and probably i really need a 6L for high end content.
Last edited by joint77 on Jan 25, 2016, 2:00:51 PM
I did an Atziri run at 76ish with a 4 link Bladefall & 4khp. Really solid build.
Hi guys, thanks to anyone who followed along with the build and contributed either by asking questions or making suggestions. It's been a while since I revised the thread so I've made a huge update to the guide featuring a new skill tree (for higher budget). As always I updated my character's current skill tree (he's only actually gained a single level as I've been playing alternate characters) and current gear. The new skill tree is meant for a higher budget, it takes much more damage by traveling down to the Master Sapper notable below the Ranger area instead of making the trek to the Templar area. This means the total life of the build is down to 133% (though I am now picking up many more jewel sockets, allowing for some of that to be made up) but I picked up significantly more damage via the Master Sapper notable cluster and the Heartseeker cluster. Primary defense is now whirling blades (heh) and Acrobatics instead of energy shield. I HAVE done Atziri deathless with the build quite easily (one crit trap will take out a form of Atziri, with the double Vaal and trio dropping pretty much instantly as well), and will attempt to record a run in the near future (AKA when I have another set to run).

As always thanks for reading and good luck with your own characters!

Part of the update includes new screenshots (yay!) like this one.
noot
Last edited by AznR4ge on Jan 31, 2016, 11:18:39 AM
So my irl friend was kind enough to leave a few sacrifice sets in the guild stash and I helped myself to one of them. Just a quick demo of how the build fares in the zone itself, it's very clear that the mass AoE clear is a little bit lacking but as soon as I hit the boss encounters they are extremely easy. I had some issues with FPS (these I play with all the time) and massive lag spikes (these I usually don't). Fortunately the run was still deathless though quite a bit slower due to the spikes.

Atziri run!

Thanks for watching and reading as always.
noot
my actual link is trap - trap damage - bladefall - conc eff - poison - CD/VM and i was testing controlled destruction vs. void manipulation for some time. i was just wondering, how comes that void manipulation seems to be stronger than controlled destruction? shouldnt poisons damage result of bladefalls phys/added chaos (through passive force shaper, which also results of bladefalls damage)?
Last edited by Ferox28 on Feb 6, 2016, 1:29:22 PM
"
AznR4ge wrote:
"
I'm using a similar build.

But I plan to use only trap Bladefall and Abyssal Cry.

I'm leveling yet (level 35), but my 3L on my Deerstalker (BF, multitraps, trap and mine damage) is very strong. 1 throw to white packs, 2 throws to blue packs. I will use Poison gem on 4L Deerstalker, but I'm still undecided if caught Fatal Toxins in the tree, as the Abyssal Cry would complement the damage when a mob still survive.

My 6L I will use Empower.

For my cost with mana I will use Soul Strike.

For my damage I will to use a bow with +1 socketed gem and critical multiplier. With a single corrupted level 3 Empower + level 20 Bladefall I will have a 24 Bladefall. If 21 Bladefall + level 4 empower = level 26 Bladefall.

Empower is definitely a good choice for a 6L, unfortunately they are hard to come by in the new league atm. I would definitely pick up Fatal Toxins as it's a huge damage increase for the poison DoT. I also prefer to use wands/daggers to boost my spelldamage/crit instead of a +1 bow, but I can see that working well if you have empower. Good luck!

brotha, I'm stuggling trying to figure out how soul strike would help you out some how with mana ??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info