[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:
Did you take a -32% attribute astral in consideration? which i would roll before chroming :P

No, that was calculated with the standard 180 str req... it all depends on what you have. If you start with a cheap 6L base, do the colouring first and the crafting later. But if you already have a good roll on your armour, you may not want to loose it.

If you take the 32% less requirement into consideration, you still need 2.5k Chromatics, worth nearly 3 Ex.

My Glorious Plate has even higher str req (4,071 Chromatics) but I really don't want to roll it all over again just to save a few Chromatics. ;)

You don't get so lucky with every Deafening Essence of Greed. ;)

But you're right, there are cheaper alternatives with STR/INT-based chasts which can yield good results too.

A few thoughts though: the highest damage output we still achieve with ST + RF + EF + RD + CE + LD (RRGBBB), which means swapping AoE radius for Conc Effect at bosses. And there are some bosses in the game where we really want every last bit of DPS available to us. For the rest, however, DPS really doesn't matter much.

The strongest argument for the fourth blue socket would be IIR but you will have to sacrifice Top-End DPS (which, although rarely needed, might come in handy). Alternatively, we can pimp OoS with Culling Strike and IIR to finish off the bosses.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 12, 2016, 2:19:38 PM
Well i fought chimera once on a 5link, which was fine dps wise, the only issue were his sidesteps out of the totem range with conc only, in that case a 6l with aoe would have come handy ;)

I have to admit that it was a failed attempt cause i had no experience with the fight. Ripped 3 times, chanced char, ripped 2 more portals because i forgot it was doublereflect (corrupted unid), switched back to rf totems and rekt the last portal on <5% to a shieldcharge into doubleballs. Those 75% were pretty easy once i figured out the patterns and kept the boss in sight
Temp chains was annoying on that boss (and his vortex..) and it was only failed due to my own stupidity and inexperience.
I expect the next try to be successful with 1-2 rips maybe and after a few more runs easily deathless since its just a machanic fight like uber atziri.

Bit offtopic :p

A fully crafted astral plate is ofc expensive to chrone, no doubt about that.

Just mentioning a option to try for the wide audience which i tried on standard and liked.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 12, 2016, 2:38:43 PM
Great build, thanks!
Running as life-based templar guardian with some modified skill tree.
Using heretic's veil for 3 curses and arctic armour (no enlighten) and, think, it's one of the best choices.
Enchanting on this helm +30% increased enfeeble effect has huge effect on overall defences
Last edited by D0berm4n on Oct 12, 2016, 4:48:04 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
A fully crafted astral plate is ofc expensive to chrone, no doubt about that.

Just mentioning a option to try for the wide audience which i tried on standard and liked.

Getting the tier 1 reduced requirements mod onto the armour in the first place involves quite a few Alts as well.

Sure, if you're playing SC you might say the hell with it, I'm using a Carcass Jack and four blue sockets will be no problem at all. ;)

But this build is quite different from many other totem builds, we're dealing Damage over Time and, to make matters worse, the radius is rather limited so we will find ourselves quite often right in the middle of the action. IMO decent armour rating is really essential.

And while we're OT, I just hit 95 and thought I might have some fun with this baby:

"
Demon Oubliette, Palace Map, Tier 14
Item Quantity: +132%
Item Rarity: +72%
Monster Pack Size: +43%

Area is inhabited by 2 additional Rogue Exiles
Players are Cursed with Vulnerability
Players are Cursed with Enfeeble
Players have 60% less Recovery of Life, Mana and Energy Shield
Monsters have 397% increased Critical Strike Chance
+43% to Monster Critical Strike Multiplier
Monsters deal 106% extra Damage as Cold
Monsters are Hexproof
Area contains two Unique Bosses

Praise be to RNJesus for giving me two Exiles rather than "Monsters have 80% Fire Resistance". :D

Last edited by tomay on Oct 12, 2016, 6:43:42 PM
"
D0berm4n wrote:
Using heretic's veil for 3 curses and arctic armour (no enlighten) and, think, it's one of the best choices.

I'm not sold on Heretic's Veil. As mentioned in the Gear seciton, the advantage of Heretic's Veil is the reduced mana reservation, saving three passives (which was written prior to the revision, when we did not necessarily take Sovereignty).

But the same is true for Doedre's Scorn with which we we deal 80% increased damage, saving us the three passives for, say, Holy Fire. Yes, we will have to use the Blasphemy Gem but this grants 10% increased curse effectiveness with 20% quality, which IMO beats the one more level to Curse gems from HV.

If you take Sovereignty and use HV you can add Arctic Armour (if I got the maths right AA + 3 curses will then reserve 99.2% Mana) but then there is no Mana left and all utility skills require Blood Magic or CWDT. Now, this can be done sure, my Marauder is living proof. I have not yet taken Sovereignty and still have not spent the passive skill I have just earned at lvl 95. ;)

Probably a good choice for a HC build...

"
D0berm4n wrote:
Enchanting on this helm +30% increased enfeeble effect has huge effect on overall defences

Certainly a nice Enchantment, on any helmet we choose... I'm not familiar with all the goodies from the Guardian ascendancy class but the Chieftain has this build-in so to speak, with the Arohongui notable "Enemies near your Totems deal 8% less Damage". ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 13, 2016, 11:52:33 AM
Another Question for Milky...

I now have 336% increased damage and 6% AoE radius on my gear, I wonder if I can afford to loose 125% increased damage and 5% AoE radius in the skill tree. The idea is to refund Holy Fire and Explosive Impact. The eight passives will get me to the jewel socket to the left from Warrior's Blood via Armour Mastery.

The gain:

64% increased Armour
3% increased Movement Speed
0.5% Life Regenerated per second
+20 Strength (+35 Life ish)

another Jewel with:

7% increased maximum Life
12% increased Totem Life
(and other possible goodies)

then down for another +10 Strength and access to Juggernaut for which I could refund two 4% max Life nodes at Purity of Flesh in return for:

10% increased maximum Life
24% increased Armour
20% increased Life Recovery from Flasks

I count 221% increased damage in the skill tree and another 61% from the Chieftain Ascendancy, a total of 618% increased damage in my case. I can't find any reliable information as to the Totem life (lvl 21/ lvl req 72), my current Totem Life modifier says 117%. By my calculation the respec would leave me with 493% increased damage, 129% increased Totem Life and lot more Armour rating and maximum life plus a few other goodies.

What do you think, worth it?

Edit: There are also also four more +10 Strength nodes within the radius of Spire which look quite tempting. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 14, 2016, 1:34:21 PM
Hello, in one of the earlier posts, it's stated that dual RF totems don't deal double damage, that "only one counts". Your reply is "true", so what's the point of Ancestral Bond? Do you cast another totem with a different spell, or does that also fail? Or drop AB and selfcast some other AOE?
Thanks.
The point of AB is mainly better coverage/clear speed against mobs since RF has such a poor AoE radius.

For boss fights you can add a Decoy Totem or a totem that deals Cold or Lighning Damage to trigger EE. Or use two RF totems against bosses with high mobility. All depends on the situation. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 14, 2016, 1:38:55 PM
What do you think of Singularity as weapon?

Up to 110% increased damage. (Not quite as good as Doryani's with 132%)
6-8% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
Nearby Enemies are Hindered, with 25% reduced Movement Speed

And then some increased cast speed and added Lightning Damage to Spells, which can be put to good use, for example, to trigger EE with a Shockwave Totem, which also has a 20% chance to Taunt on hit (if you're a Chieftain).

Oh, and that aura looks so friggin' cool. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
What do you think of Singularity as weapon?

Up to 110% increased damage. (Not quite as good as Doryani's with 132%)
6-8% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
Nearby Enemies are Hindered, with 25% reduced Movement Speed

And then some increased cast speed and added Lightning Damage to Spells, which can be put to good use, for example, to trigger EE with a Shockwave Totem, which also has a 20% chance to Taunt on hit (if you're a Chieftain).

Oh, and that aura looks so friggin' cool. ;)

Sure if you wanna facetank every mob and boss ;)

Its not a good weapon for the build because the hinder aura is preeeeetty small
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info