flicker strike crashes me

bump for GGG reply. So many posts about this, surely you must have the brain to give an answer!
Stop spamming the forums by bumping the thread. Typically, GGG almost never responds to any of the threads in this forum unless they are specifically looking for more information. Prepare to be disappointed in not getting a response.

If you bothered to read to stickies you would know this.

And great way to insult them in the process. Luckily for you, I am not a mod for them because I wouldn't answer just out of spite.

And I run a flicker strike build right now (It's my favorite atm). I run an AMD card (R9 290x) and in predictive and haven't crashed once. Only every once in a blue moon do I come across a static dead mob, but I tend to pay attention to stuff like like and move on.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
ye i like like to move on also so i can actually play with my friends instead of having FPS drops all over. Maybe they should just make a new game engine and keep the passive tree so ppl can play the game with theyr high end computers...

Drivers and ....... holy djeezes i can run every game on ultra so can my friends, doesnt make PoE run smoother for for the sake of it, so stop defending the performance of the game, you're probably at a lower level then us pro gamers so no wonder you can't reproduce any performance issues with the game.

Seriously not possible to run a map with Fracture mod, why is the mod in game?

Fracture + Blade Vortex + Flicker Strike + Discharge.. Would you be in the same group? Really?

I want a professional response from the developers from Path of Exile. I did not ask you. But them.

GGG you're more then welcome to join a group with my friends to see how "smooth" everything runs.
I can guarantee that you will be very disappointed in the result and start to question your way of coding. Unless you're aware of the issue and just dont care that is...
Last edited by prilletime on Feb 4, 2016, 8:57:20 PM
SO im a oro's flicker build. b4 2.1 everything was fine and dandy.
i know this problem has solved with lockstep, the thing is my internet suck so bad, its constant 250ms for me, allday everyday. so yeah, lockstep is not an option.

i tried few ways around other than lockstep (and yes i tried lockstep and it works) :

-decreasing my ASPD from 12 atk/sec to 8 atk/sec (still crash but it took longer to crash the slower ur atk/sec is)
-some1 mention about ragdoll, i think with my small brain. maybe destroying corpse will do something so i equip my PYRE RING (btw im oro with 90% chance ignite), it does took longer to crash but it crash anyway.

and also tried the standard procedure like :

-reinstall (it does took longer after reinstall to crash)
-update vga driver (still crash)

my spec :

-Nvidia geforce gtx 650
-intel i3 3210
-ram 8gb

what bothers me is the fact that it never happened b4 patch 2.1, i invest lot of stuff at this flicker build and if its just dead like that then... i guess bye?

i think im going to stop playin until it got resolved. or till another reset arrived and ill change ma build.

bump

Keep on crashing exiles!
same problem here with Oro flickerstrike.. crash crash crash
my specs:
windows 10 64
nvidia 560gti
8gb ram
i5 2500k
network mode: predictive

Dear GGG could you please look into this issue..
Last edited by maczor on Mar 10, 2016, 12:25:26 PM
Can you please fix this? Flicker strike is unplayable as you'll eventually crash, up to several times per instance.

specs;
gtx 780ti
16gb ddr3 1866mhz ram
i7 4770k @4.6ghz
samsung 850 pro
ASUS Maximus VI Hero
Noctua nh-d14

Can play pretty much any other game flawless, and I got no real issue with poe(I somehow never got the fps drops people talked about etc) but this crash is new and something must cause it, just please fix it..
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
up
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I also created a thread about this but no one gave response yet by GGG Q.Q

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618393
I have the same problem,also post a thread:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1620279
Last edited by 北罗师门 on Mar 16, 2016, 4:20:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info