2.1.0c Patch Notes (Restartless)

Fixed a bug where Soul Mantle wasn't applying curses when totems would expire or were replaced.

Well, THERE IT IS! WHY it does that in the first place? Expire Or Replacement is NOT DEATH!!!

and:

what about that Blasphemy bug??????
"
Ravenshield11 wrote:
Fixed a bug where Soul Mantle wasn't applying curses when totems would expire or were replaced.

Well, THERE IT IS! WHY it does that in the first place? Expire Or Replacement is NOT DEATH!!!

I kind of agree with this, having many dozens of hours of using Soul Mantle myself (before the bug referenced above even existed, unfortunately for me). I've since given it up, because having multiple level-20 curses on you nearly 100% of the time is a huge disadvantage, with no real way to compensate for it. (I used 9 zombies and 3 spectres to protect me, all at very high levels with minion speed, but it was still too easy to get one-shotted by the occasional attack that got me with all those curses on me.)

If the disadvantage actually worked as described and only applied a curse upon totem death, it would still be a significant disadvantage you had to work around (get lots of totem life nodes, for example, and/or recast your totems constantly), so the item wouldn't be OP, particularly with its low energy shield value.

Have you noticed that this build-enabling unique is not popular, compared to other build-enabling uniques? There's a very good reason for that. Please think about it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Dec 28, 2015, 2:35:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info