Donald Trump

"
Jennik wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's not sexual assault if a woman lets you do it.

Yes, we call that consent. Consent is what comes before you grab the *****. If you wait until after, that's sexual assault.

You ask for permission every time you kiss a woman? Top kek.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
It's so incredibly depressing that Trump has created a generation of sexual assault apologists. Most of them were lost causes to begin with, but he certainly didn't make things better.
"
Jennik wrote:
It's so incredibly depressing that Trump has created a generation of sexual assault apologists. Most of them were lost causes to begin with, but he certainly didn't make things better.

Can't apologize something that isn't there. Your newspeak definition of consent and assault has no basis in the real world.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Xavderion might be on the right side of this particular culture war, but he doesn't have enough sense to know when his side has lost.

Here's the cultural reality at the moment: if a woman can prove a man had any form of sexual contact with her, and that man cannot prove prior consent, then that man is at that woman's mercy. That is how sexual assault is currently defined.

In other words...
"
Xavderion wrote:
You ask for permission every time you kiss a woman?
Unless you trust that woman with your future freedom in a culture dominated by third-wave feminism, yes. Yes you fucking do.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 21, 2016, 8:46:41 PM
The war on men isn't over yet, otherwise Trump wouldn't still be the Republican nominee. It's only over when Clinton becomes president.
Last edited by Xavderion on Oct 21, 2016, 9:15:02 PM
You're overestimating the power of the presidency. Hell, you're overestimating the power of government. Of course you're right that there is dissent, but this is first and foremost a cultural law, tried in the court of public opinion. It will take a massive amount of deprogramming to get the majority of the country to adopt a realistic view of where the line is in terms of attempted advances. It's a definition which school has drilled into the population since childhood.

By the way, the Religious Right and their sex-after-marriage policy are full-fledged allies of feminism as far as this topic goes, hence its widespread adoption. Dissent is limited to a subset of the alt-right, a tiny demographic.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 21, 2016, 9:38:44 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
The war on men isn't over yet, otherwise Trump wouldn't still be the Republican nominee. It's only over when Clinton becomes president.

if...

THE EMPEROR'S SNIDE
by
[protected sources]
based on future history

Future Historical Renactor List\
Spoiler

Hilda Evergreen... WELLESLEY
Ronald Jay... BITTERORANGE
Pòl Chan... PEPE
John Chairman... PEDESTRIAN HYPERFINK
Mob Kramer... COUNT FOVA
Zander Feels... BERNINI
TED THE GIANT... CRUZEK
Blonde Savage... MAGAN KIDSLEY
Mendax Founder... GRANDPA ASSANGE
BUDDY COOP... IMPRESSIVE NEWS ANCHOR
Abby Human... MOLERIE the WITCH
George Zorro... The ALBINO
Keifer Michaels... MIRACLE ALEX

FADE IN ON:

A FOLD DOWN BED IN THE BACK OF BLACK CHEVROLET EXPRESS VAN.
The van is in progress to a New York apt. A sick coughing sound is heard from the back

CUT TO:
THIS WOMAN lying in bed, coughing. Pale, one sick cookie. Maybe she's seventy or eighty or ninety. A large black man in a dark suit is looming over her, holding an injection in one hand, he presses it, and the woman moves a little bit. Then she's hit by another spasm of coughing, and she puts her blackberry down.

CUT TO:
The room is monochromatic, like a refurbished medical facility, whites and tans, mildly high-tech. We're on the fourth floor of a red brick building and this is an eleven million dollar apartment somewhere in New York.

CUT TO:
The woman's DAUGHTER as she enters, goes to her, empties her catheter, and briefly feels her forehead. She's tries to look worried, but it doesn't show. During this
--

DAUGHTER
You feeling any better?

THE WOMAN
A little bit, but I still can't see clearly.

DAUGHTER
Guess what.

THE WOMAN
What?

DAUGHTER
Your least favorite newswoman 's outside.

THE WOMAN
(not overjoyed)
Magan Kidsley? Can't you tell her that I'm dehydrated?

DAUGHTER
She's WITH YOU, that's why she's here.

THE WOMAN
She'll make me laugh, I hate that.

DAUGHTER
Maybe she won't.
The woman shoots her an "I'm sure" look, as we

CUT TO:
A LARGE FLAT SCREEN SUSPENDED FROM THE CEILING ABOVE THE WOMAN'S INCLDINED BED

GRANDPA ASSANGE's tweets begin bursting across the screen. He hasn't been seen in months. But his facts are stil accurate and biting. There is an attachment packed into the hashtag as his message appears via Twitter.

GRANDPA ASSANGE
Hey! How's the napping, ahem, debate prep going?

The WOMAN gives her daughter that look.

The Daughter ignores it, and starts to retreat from the room.

MAGAN KIDSLEY
walks in and smiles.

Daughter
I think I'll leave you two pals (And she is gone. There's an uncomfortable silence, then-)

GRANDPA ASSANGE's voice comes from the screen
"I brought you a special present."

THE WOMAN and MAGAN KIDSLEY both look up startled to hear the voice

MAGAN
"What is it? "

GRANDPA ASSANGE
It's a time machine. Double click the attachment and Open it up.

The WOMAN tries to press the control, but is too weak

MAGAN leans over and double clicks the button.

The WOMAN tries her best to smile correctly.
A Hologram?

GRANDPA ASSANGE
That's right. In the future when I am your age, television is holographic. And this is a special hologram. It will be the hologram my Ecuadorian nurse played for me when I was sick. There's a player installed at the Seth Rich National Monument. Today, I'm gonna play it for you.

MAGAN KIDSLEY
Has it got any drama in it?

CUT TO:
GRANDPA ASSANGE'S FACE IS SUDDENLY ONSCREEN

He looks somehow both older and younger, the hair is the same, the skin is smoother, but almost translucent.

GRANDPA ASSANGE
Are you kidding? Fighting at Rallies, Debating. Proxy War. Revenge. Giant Frogs. Secret Deals. Vanishing People. DemocRATS in the Fireswamp. The Miracles of paper trails..

CUT TO:
THE TWO OF THEM
- MAGAN and the WOMAN as they nod their heads.

MAGAN KIDSLEY
(manages a shrug) Doesn't seem like it will win an Emmie or Pulitzer, but sure, why not?

THE WOMAN
It doesn't sound too bad. I'll try and stay awake.

GRANDPA ASSANGE:
Oh. Well, thank you very much. It's very nice of you. Your votes of confidence have corrected the record. All right.

The Hologram begins to open and a voice fills the room:

"The Emperor's Snide, by H. [redacted] Stern." The expanding sphere of light begins to fill the room.

With a smug look on his face and a gorgeous wife on his arm, a man with a red tie and orange hair begins to materialize:

CUT TO:
WHITE HOUSE LAWN - DAY

BITTERORANGE is standing, holding the reins of his giant frog, while in the background, WELLESLEY, looks at him and stops pushing an old fashioned reel mower. WELLESLEY is in her late sixties; doesn't care much about clothes and only wears pantsuits, so she isn't as attractive as she might be, but she's was once probably the most powerful woman in the world.

BITTERORANGE
Farm girl. Polish Pepe's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning.

WELLESLEY
(quietly, watching him)
As YOU wish.

BITTERORANGE is perhaps half a dozen billion richer than WELLESLEY
And maybe as arrogant as she is corrupt. He gazes at her as she walks away.

ASSANGE
(off-screen)
"As YOU wish" was all she ever said to him.

DISSOLVE TO:
WELLESLEY, outside, smashing phones. BITTERORANGE
drops two large crates near her.

BITTERORANGE
Farm Girl . Fill these with uranium --

(a beat)

--or Go to JAIL.

WELLESLEY
As YOU wish.

He leaves; her eyes stay on her. He stops, turns -- her fingers continue to delete emails from her Blackberry as now his eyes stay on her.

ASSANGE
(off-screen)
That day, he was amused to discover that when she was saying, "As YOU wish," what she meant was, "I HATE you."

DISSOLVE TO:
BITTERORANGE IN THE OVAL OFFICE - DUSK

WELLESLEY crawls into the room wearing a leather pantsuit. . .

(off-screen in between coughs)
The WOMAN
-HOLD it, cough cough, hold it-

MAGAN KIDSLEY
What is this? Are you trying to trick me? -- Where's the emails? -- Is this a groping story?

ASSANGE
-- wait, just wait for the next release--

MAGAN KIDSLEY
-- well, when does it get good?

ASSANGE
Keep your skirt on. Let me tweet PEDESTRIAN #117 first ....

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 22, 2016, 4:33:33 AM
Good lord, the understanding of consent in this thread is atrocious. There is such a thing as non verbal consent, and only the crazy of the craziest will tell you otherwise (muh third wave feminism only works if you feel like strawmanning, the second wave was crazier by far).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 22, 2016, 12:10:47 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Good lord, the understanding of consent in this thread is atrocious. There is such a thing as non verbal consent, and only the crazy of the craziest will tell you otherwise
I didn't mean to imply nonverbal consent doesn't exist. I'm just saying it behooves one to be able to prove it.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Good lord, the understanding of consent in this thread is atrocious. There is such a thing as non verbal consent, and only the crazy of the craziest will tell you otherwise
I didn't mean to imply nonverbal consent doesn't exist. I'm just saying it behooves one to be able to prove it.

Agreed 100%. When falsely accused, the person saying an attack happened can still deny it, or have their own version, however, the person who is falsely accused only needs to remember the truth, while a false accuser needs to remember the made up story and not devolve into inconsistencies.

The verbalized query and consent can be part of heating up the action as well. Done properly it is a lot of fun.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info