Eventually add physics?

"
Slicer wrote:
"
Covertghost wrote:
Physics would be nice, but not sure this engine has the groundwork for it?

It doesn't. You don't just "add physics" to anything. You either design the game with them from the ground up (Source engine, Gamebryo, other Havok-related), or you don't have them at all.

What a pity, i would have liked to see physics in the game.
Well, looks like this is just going to hold me over till Diablo 3 comes out :(

As much as I don't like their graphics direction, it'll probably have the higher production budget and therefore more of... well everything.
Would have loved some physics, but it still looks god IMO
Ragdoll physics would be great in this game, although you have to be careful. With games like Titan Quest and Demon's Souls the bodies seem to be absolutely weightless or glitchy, and that also wrecked it for me. I think all of the death anims in the videos I've seen of PoE are fine though.

It's the blood effects that I like :D
Its all bout the skill system and pvp, screw physics, least of my worries :)
"
kmdufa wrote:
Ragdoll physics would be great in this game, although you have to be careful. With games like Titan Quest and Demon's Souls the bodies seem to be absolutely weightless or glitchy, and that also wrecked it for me. I think all of the death anims in the videos I've seen of PoE are fine though.

It's the blood effects that I like :D

Yeah, Titan Quest wasn't so bad as Demon's Souls as the latter was much more upclose, so you really got the full effect of the ridiculous physics; like you hack a dude in the head and one second he was all, tough-ass black knight and the next he was all rubber band limbs on a string cheese body.
I'd rather have smooth and detailed animations with a few versions rather than TQ physics death anims. They felt like oversized dolls. If anything, euphoria would probably be nice, but it's a bit over the top for such a game.

They just need to add 4 or 8 diff angles for anims, and 2-3 anims for each angle. That way it wouldn't look same. Most of the time you're just killing lotsa mobs anyway, so it shouldn't be noticeable.
Physics always improves a game's atmosphere. Would be nice to have it added to the game :)
|P|i|X|e|L| ▲ |R|A|N|G|E|R|
               ▲ ▲
"Leviathan"
Oh, dear ghod 'n heben above!

I've been watching Diablo 3 playthroughs, and one of the most distracting things about the game (aside from the counter-immersive checkpoint and achievement prompts popping up constantly) is the outlandish physics!

Level 1 chars flinging mobs all over the landscape like nothing. It's just goofy-looking, especially with low-level chars, who you'd think might have a way to go before becoming THAT mighty.

I like the way mobs kack it in PoE, just fine. Please leave it alone. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I also appreciate physics in game but you just cant add it like that. Like someone said earlier its designen on start or build without.

The game works nicely without, also the more there's physics, it requires more calculation from the computer.
What happens atleast once in 60 minutes?

Ingame, forums, irc:

"Nyydia: Brb getting coffee"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info