Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

GH Hype!!!!
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the issue with incinerate was unique in that clear speed was not the issue but rather what you could do with it investment wise.

1 it had no crit , but had the rather insane damage ramp up instead... this freed the player from needing to take crit nodes and by extension needing to really go deep into the int part of the tree for it. That is a huge advantage over every other spell in the game which often need crit to scale and be competitive.

2 it really was stupid powerful on totem builds since you could have zero resource management ( beyond what you implicitly get from leveling) invested and run fully decked out. this freed up another crippling dependency that other spells have (mana issues)

3 because damage scaling on it is simple it means you can focus both your gear AND your tree on other things.

you make incinerate expensive. YOU , not the gem . My incinerate cost me 30 chaos and i was doing end game.

It needed a change it was explicitly the superior option over several skills even in roles it should not be explicitly better in. that alone should have been enough to warrant adjustment.

cyclone has been THE melee skill of the last 2 years. It combined both single target , movement and aoe and did more damage than prominent skills in any one of those catagories to boot.

It is not about it being able to clear as fast as say coc (because lets be honest NOTHING clears like a crit build expecially coc) It is a bout being the clear best option in all cases for a melee character... and that is messed up.

Same with surgeons flasks, be glad they didn’t simply remove the mod.

Incinerate was an okay spell, the rest of spells sucked hard, whats the answer? Nerf incinerate to the ground to make sure no one uses it again.

Incinerate clear speed even with top end gear was worst than many other skills like Reave, SRS or Split Arrow, not to talk about Vaal Spark of course.

Incinerate totems in high tier maps (t12+) are super squishy, they die to a simple mob autoattack even investing in Totem Life. It's so obvious you have never experienced this, I did. Shockwave totems or even crit Flame totem with top-end gear outscaled what Incinerate totems could do by a mile and a half.

GGG should hire you, please be more clueless.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Dec 7, 2015, 9:08:15 AM
Surgeon flasks were not that op that they deserved a nerf!
wow, Surgeon's nerf was a long time coming. Time to roll a magic soon to be legacy surgeons of every flask type.

Soon we will all remember them as one of the most broken things that was ever in the game, especially when you consider how long it managed to stick around for. it wasn't like players needed a reason to go crit lel
overall good changes.

really not a fan of the new surgeon's nerf.

I am a firm believer that this should be a nerfed thing, however I think this is too punishing by slower crit builds, and still abusable by abilities that hit in rapid succession ie molten strike/vaal spark.

Why not just make it so that you cannot gain more than 1 charge per 1-2 seconds? like an internal cooldown. That would be way more balanced and rewarding for slower crit builds and not so broken at the rapid hitting machine gunning skills.

Is storm call and glacial cascade the only spells that are getting base aoe buffs?

My concern mainly deals with heralds being readjusted to give higher base aoe too? Losing 10% aoe on heralds seems kind of brutal.

Cheers on the balance changes overall.
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Searing Bond (Buffed)
Searing Bond can place up to one additional totem; This means you can have two Searing Bond totems active without Ancestral Bond, and can use Searing Bond in addition to another totem skill. At early levels this lets it work well alongside Flame Totem rather than directly competing with it as a choice to use.

i read a thread about this subject within the last few days, i dont know which one but i could probably find it, is it possible thats where you got the idea from?

and also, i love the changes, some are bothersome and some are not, personally i dident get to try out incinerate that much as i were busy with other builds and dident find the time to play it.
also i want cyclone to change even further getting more of a single target nerf, more of a movement speed buff and more AoE in addition with costing around the amount that a middle AoE skill should have
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on Dec 7, 2015, 9:26:33 AM
"

Surgeon's Flasks (Nerfed, but not retroactively)

let me just use all my alterations...
I need more purple titles
Last edited by Ocylix on Dec 7, 2015, 9:40:06 AM
"
Tejlonpl wrote:
Nice joke , I have 2 incinerate builds and wonder how you gona repay me my lost time and effort on useles build ??? Remember not everyone is a geek sitting 20 hours a day playing POE .....

Same here, i will miss my RF incinerate lvl 91 and my incinerate spell block lvl 89 , my most powerful characters , i dont like this changes, really bad changes for incinerate
"
yotmato wrote:

Incinerate was an okay spell, the rest of spells sucked hard, whats the answer? Nerf incinerate to the ground to make sure no one uses it again.

Incinerate clear speed even with top end gear was worst than many other skills like Reave, SRS or Split Arrow, not to talk about Vaal Spark of course.

Incinerate totems in high tier maps (t12+) are super squishy, they die to a simple mob autoattack even investing in Totem Life. It's so obvious you have never experienced this, I did. Shockwave totems or even crit Flame totem with top-end gear outscaled what Incinerate totems could do by a mile and a half.

GGG should hire you, please be more clueless.

that is a non issue, I have already stated that clear speed is not what was good about incinerate. Nor does clear speed need to be what is good about incinerate.

incinerate liberates gear and passive dependencies which enable among other things exceptionally tanky builds for very cheap.

is its top end the best? no.. but that is not where its strength lies. It is the same concept as flame totems. Why are flame totems considered over used? is it because they clear fast? no. is it because they do top tier damage? no.

it is because they are safe as fuck, cheap as hell and piss easy to level. far more so than many many many alternatives.

also who cares if incinerate totems die in high maps ( they dont btw do better fact checking) they cost nothing to cast and can be cast forever ...

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 7, 2015, 9:51:20 AM
"
HegemonyTV wrote:
overall good changes.

really not a fan of the new surgeon's nerf.

I am a firm believer that this should be a nerfed thing, however I think this is too punishing by slower crit builds, and still abusable by abilities that hit in rapid succession ie molten strike/vaal spark.

Why not just make it so that you cannot gain more than 1 charge per 1-2 seconds? like an internal cooldown. That would be way more balanced and rewarding for slower crit builds and not so broken at the rapid hitting machine gunning skills.

Is storm call and glacial cascade the only spells that are getting base aoe buffs?

My concern mainly deals with heralds being readjusted to give higher base aoe too? Losing 10% aoe on heralds seems kind of brutal.

Cheers on the balance changes overall.

+1 to your limit to charges per second, it would be much fairer. This nerf is barely going to scratch the builds that most abused it and made the nerf necessary in the first place.

Interesting question on the base area changes, but I guess we'll only know for sure once the full patch notes are out on wednesday. I might be wrong but there are still many balances and mechanical changes we don't know about yet.
(I'm hoping they will reduce the 1,5 seconds on storm call, its a cool skill that requires some thought into placement, and yet those 1,5 seconds is just too much).
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Dec 7, 2015, 9:59:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info