No more support...

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
... still waiting for (a) permanent league(s) that isn't/aren't a dumping ground(s) for temp leagues. And the hc pendant doesn't vomit their dead bodies into the std. version. No (negative) influence from outside of the leagues whatsoever. Plain and simple.

You'd end up with the same result.... It would just take longer. I don't even think hc characters dying contributes much to the saturation considering the vast majority of hc players just abandon their characters after they die.

If hc gets a dumping ground free enviroment then std deserves the same... that's the only reason why hc vomit shouldn't be possible. Rest is speculation but if GGG wants to satisfy the whole player base then we need different leagues for different playstyles.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
(Been traveling.)

I don't see why you can't send a standard character to a segregated 'standard' league just like HC gets their characters transfered into standard. This way those that want to start from scratch with a 'new' economy can do so.

I want to participate in the new content but don't want to throw away years of play and items just to get the chance to enjoy it. Once the league ends, the character that was once in the vanilla standard league goes back into the standard league. HC gets moved to standard, it would be the same thing come the end of the league.
Last edited by Siochan on Nov 29, 2015, 3:32:44 PM
"
Siochan wrote:
(Been traveling.)

I don't see why you can't send a standard character to a segregated 'standard' league just like HC gets their characters transfered into standard. This way those that want to start from scratch with a 'new' economy can do so.
What? Not exactly starting from scratch if you are bringing your gear, characters, and wealth with you.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
(Been traveling.)

What? Not exactly starting from scratch if you are bringing your gear, characters, and wealth with you.

I think he meant "start from scratch with no negative influence from other temp leagues"
"
Siochan wrote:
...Until I can enjoy the fresh new content with my existing characters and items I spent countless hours on earning. Starting from scratch and doing the same thing over and over with nothing is lame. It's pretty much a big F-you to people who simply only want to play standard and don't get to join in the fun.

You can create a new, segregated economy for those that want to start from scratch, but let standard characters join in some of the fun as well in their own segregated standard realms.

When I can join in the new content and leagues (don't care about so called 'races') with my existing stuff, I'll buy another supporter pack, but not until then.
Heres my idea, ggg adds a separate standard league where whenever you decide to join that standard it will use and progress on your current standard character until the leagues ends when items will be transfered back to the original or the league would be permanent working like thos flash back one mouthers we have had but permanent and with the delay and duration of current leagues, players can choose to test out qhats new or completely transfer a character to said new standard league that will not impact current start from scratch leagues where people who cares for leaderboards can participate while standard playerd who dont and wants to play with their current caracters or said items transfered to stash, i hate starting over and has just started to get a feel for races but im not willing to start out a brand new league just for fun, i want to enjoy the new contents without having to suffer like that
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
Siochan wrote:
(Been traveling.)

See? SEE?!

I TOLD YOU ALL THIS WAS ABOUT SEPARATE LEAGUES!!!
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
(Been traveling.)

See? SEE?!

I TOLD YOU ALL THIS WAS ABOUT SEPARATE LEAGUES!!!

i think you could make a fortune reading minds over the internet ;)

@op: although new languages go into that direction, the last info i got is that ggg is generally against further cluttering of the user base.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
@op: although new languages go into that direction, the last info i got is that ggg is generally against further cluttering of the user base.

... yeah. They are unable to create/balance/support more than one temp league at a time. There was no time to do anything to the already existing perma leagues too. They streamline the community and everyone who is lost in the process... well... is lost. :>

No one will notice if a player like TheAnuhart is in your league... or not. If you give these guys their own league - no one is harmed, no one lost a trading partner or someone in his party. But it seems like variance isn't a feature, it's a bug. :D
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:

No one will notice if a player like TheAnuhart is in your league... or not. If you give these guys their own league - no one is harmed, no one lost a trading partner or someone in his party. But it seems like variance isn't a feature, it's a bug. :D

But, what exactly is gained?

If you make a choice to be completely self found, then why (apart from just wanting to play with the new features sooner rather than later) would you ever leave standard?

To the OP: it really feels like you're not seeing the big picture. What you're suggesting is a bandaid that will smell just as foul (to you) as the wound, in time. Except, now you've just got fewer people playing on the same server.

Whether you think that's a good thing or not, I sincerely doubt GGG is foaming at the mouth to fracture its playerbase any more than it already is.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Your separate league is in a dream world aka it won't ever happen like you've beaten this horse so fucking bad that it's probably dust by now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info