Anybody else reading the supporter pack page reply's

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Now that I look back on the other supporter packs - I notice that they didn't have much either:

Closed Beta: pet and beta keys

Open Beta: pet and weapon effect

Release: back attachment and portal

Forsaken: armor and back attachment

Awakening: weapon effect and shade

Ascendant: pet and portal -> now pet and portal and weapon effect

The plus side is that the ART quality for Closed Beta, Open Beta, and Release packs was EXTREMELY good.

I've noticed the art quality for Forsaken, Awakening, and Ascendant packs has deteriorated noticeably from the prior packs.

Still, I don't understand why GGG is caving in and adding more to the Ascendant packs - it sets a bad precedent, but maybe they really need the money.

I'm pretty sure next class of supporter packs will have THIS SAME ISSUE with people demanding more or arguing for lower pricing. Except next time their demands will be more incessant as they will expect GGG to cave-in just like they did for Ascendant. SMH.

Closed Beta: Starting from the 25USD tier pack, it is when pet and beta key came together. If you still remember, the point to dollar (US currency) ratio was essentially 1 to 1, so anything else were extras. However, the main purpose to these supporter packs was help the game from its infancy, so at this point it was considered a donation method. On top of that, the method to get into closed beta was by the beta key timer, purchase of supporter pack, giveaways, or someone who has a big influence of being able advertise the game via streaming. Not really much else to do, and there were some that lost the patience and went and "donate" to play PoE. Also, bronze and silver gave you even better pets, three beta keys, still 1 to 1 point/money ratio, and more goodies. Gold and Diamond supporter packs really made the support packs system worthwhile.

Open Beta: The cheapest supporter pack set was the 30USD tier which included the pet only (ironically, before Chris made the update from Brazil, this was like the Aspirant Supporter Pack, which is like 20 USD more). While the pack only gave 200 points which is 20USD, the baby rhoa pet was not to be underestimated. If someone was after the points only, they could do the 1 to 1 ratio route (not sure if it was implemented at this point). Then comes Regal (if you have not upgraded), you get two pets, 350 points, and one of the best weapon effect GGG has ever made, and I still feel it is worth a lot more than those elemental weapon effects that are worth around 250-280 points. Of course, the next tiers make things even better.

Release: These packs were kinda disappointing, but since this was the start of the whole portal effect system, I figure these were the main drive to getting these packs. The pricing was not too bad, but a bit underwhelming. This was also the introduction to portrait frame in-game. The last two packs had the Path of Exile Exalted Orb T-Shirt and Hoodie too. Back attachments was a plus too.

Forsaken Masters: Armor sets. These armor sets alone are worth a lot of points more so than the current ones which around 300 to 420 points. Just including the armor sets in the packs already made the lower tier pack's value a really good bargain. On top of that, you got back attachments AND hideout banner with the introduction of the hideout. If you do not upgrade, and go straight for the top tier pack, you essentially got everything from the previous packs, so that is four armor sets, four back attachments, and four hideout banners. On top of that, including the signed concept arts which was pretty nice.

Awakening: Almost like closed beta, but the purpose of trying out the new content before it is sent to public. Not to forget about the weapon effects, which were great too, this time, unlike open beta, getting the best pack got you a 1 to 1 ratio in points, all the weapon effects, all the ammy shades, the physical novel, t-shirt (still waiting on mine) and even making the divination cards. The Axiom supporter pack, which was pretty close in term price value of the Aspirant Supporter Pack, provided two weapon effects, a shade, and a beta key. Just those alone made the 60USD value feel like a bargain.

Ascendent: Before Chris updated a couple of days ago, Aspirant Supporter Pack just gave you..........a pet. Let that sink into your mind.

While I wanted to say more after this, the quote below this nailed everything what I wanted to express after pointing out about the new packs. At the same time, I am not damning GGG, but I feel that they got a bit complacent when it came to the new packs. I apologize if this offended anyone in GGG.

"
ggnorekthx wrote:
GGG set the tone with previous packs. If these were the very first Supporter packs, I'd be right with you. But GGG has created their own expectations with previous packs and these packs were initially very poor in content. It isn't even that they were poor; it's that they were pricey. $50 for the cheapest pack and all you originally were getting was a pet? I know we're supporting development, but GGG has always included more in the past that you can't blame people for saying "No thanks."

And Chris's response (especially how quick it was) shows the most important point: People were voting with their wallets. I guarantee that the first 12 hours of sales on these packs were FAR below whatever threshold was set by Forsaken Masters / Awakening. Clearly the vast majority of us felt the packs were overpriced and thin on content. Which, truthfully, they were. $440 originally got you 2 portals and four pets. A few packs ago, Grandmaster was only $500 and came with like 4 full armor sets, 4 hideout banners, 4 back attachments, the ability to add your character to a new unique map and all of the other usual stuff like soundtrack, signed art, and portrait frames.

Edit: Just to be clear, I do not look supporter packs at the perspective of getting points, on the contrary, I find the points to be the extra goody I get out of the bargain. Hence why I see a pet for 50USD to be like O_O . I will not deny that I also bought the supporter packs as a thank you for making an awesome ARPG.

Getting the pet + weapon effect + portal effect for 50USD =

Edit2: Wish this gif file was photoshopped with Chris's face over Gabe's. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 29, 2015, 3:22:10 AM
Nice breakdown on all the packs John and I agree with you on all points.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
The support packs are a way better value than any one I ever purchased. Last seasons was horrible IMO. Beta and weapon and beta i didnt care about

this season
pet + weapon + portals

I'm definity buying one if ascendancy is half ass decent.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 29, 2015, 4:33:47 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
And going "the fuck" at some of them.

Some of them read like GGG is holding a gun against their heads or something.

Newflash : game is free, nobody is forced to pay up anything but it is much appreciated (as stated in the post)

Maybe show some gratitude towards GGG for providing you with something entertaining to waste your time with.

So the pack is not to your liking, wooptie fucking doo? Be grateful you can feel disgruntled about something as meaningless as that.

Some of these responses baffle me and i feel sort of bad for the staff members reading them. So to the staff boys and girls, chin up. You did a great job.

Haters gotta hate and all that jazz, fuck em. Ain't nobody got time to waste on negativity.
(which will be why i am going to watch some series now <.< )

Keep on a chucking GGG, i wish you all a fine day.

Peace,

-Boem-

People are just voicing their honest opinions, and Chris' response (to add portals and weapon MTX) does suggest there is a bit of validity to the posts.

Myself - I like the distinct look of the new pets. The stone gargoyle pet, and its animation would be something I'd definitely use. If the GGG team doesn't already have a definite game plan for the accompanying weapon MTX, I'd like to suggest crystalline weapon FX -Transparent textures. The low end could be clear weapons, the second tier would add an internal glow to the crystal weapon(color dependent on sum of jewels inside - player could use skin xfer to put color they want on the weapon they use) The third tier would add glowing runes (like those found in the marketplace, with an ability for the character to choose between several of them). The last tier would have the above and add a beam of light (like finding a unique) whenever the character killed a unique monster/exile.

The four different weapon MTX could be used together on a single weapon, or separately on up to four different weapons.

I think that idea is absolutely amazing (be it for this or for future packs)
Weapon MTX's that seamlessly merge into each other, each stage providing some additional fancy effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info