Anybody else reading the supporter pack page reply's

I feel an urge to remove Charan's mouse wheel and 3 keys from his keyboard (end, page down, and the down arrow).

anything to prevent him from scrolling to the end of this page
https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
the whole "sales" thing is called a "sellout" in business terms, things get cheaper and if you don't turn the wheel back to normal, people expect more and more reductions.

just look yourself, here are some of the previous supporter packs from
release, open beta and closed beta.

giving in to the complaints were the wrong thing to do from chris, as they wanted to sell the effects separately after the supporter packs

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
^Can i predict that people are going to bitch in the not-so-distant future about not having the individual purchases available?

If GGG decides to not do that as a result of caving in to the current situation obviously.

Like i said, the "supporter" packs where already solid money vs purchase value as is.
And people where bitching, excuse my language, so i am going to assume there will be more bitching in the future.

Since apparently you don't require any tangible grounds to bitch about something. What a day and age we live in :')

I mean you lost what 5$ money value(on the lowest tier) and got a pet in place for that, that's exclusive and would probably be 200+ points if it was sold individually.

And people are discontent with such a pack.

/ok

Meh this is starting to feel like a /rant so fuck it i am dropping this, just to conclude i am disappointed with some of the comments presented there. Not because of what they address, but how they address it.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : cheers Vio, interesting to compare the packs from previous iterations.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 27, 2015, 9:59:14 AM
Welcome to the interwebs, people bitch about everything and anything.

I see both sides of the argument here though. The new packs are good value if compared to pure point purchases, but bad value when compared to previous packs. I really don't have an opinion here, probably getting a pack later on.

"
Boem wrote:

Wizards don't make false claims. You are not a wizard.

I believe demonstrating your supporter tittles is of no relevance to the forums and it's content.

/tips hat

Peace,

-Boem-

A wizard checking in, we may benevolently lie to each other in the tower but never to civilians to avoid causing mass terror.
I'm with you, Boem.
"
peachii wrote:
Criticizing something online is easy to do but tone and intent is very hard to define when typed out. While it may seem rude, hopefully most people didn't intend to some across that way - they were just being very blunt about the fact that while the contents probably cost more to develop than previous packs, it looks underwhelming compared to the previous packs. Personally I love the pets, they are very well done and the portal effects are really badass, but when only the top 2 packs come with portal effects when previous packs haven't left off effects for most tiers I can understand why people were expecting something a bit different.

I feel bad for GGG, they put so much hard work into the game and the slightest mis-step gets them smacked down hard by the players every time. But just as the feedback when the initial shop contents were announced about 3 hours before open beta launch they didn't hesitate to listen and act accordingly to the feedback. Unfortunately for GGG they set the standard being extremely generous in previous packs so they have to keep the bar level or raise it each time to keep meeting the expectations of greatness all the supporters have come to expect, a week or so and these packs will live up the expectations that popped up tonight.

nevermind, twas mine own mistake. . .
Last edited by thawn4444 on Nov 27, 2015, 1:04:55 PM
"
vio wrote:
the whole "sales" thing is called a "sellout" in business terms, things get cheaper and if you don't turn the wheel back to normal, people expect more and more reductions.

giving in to the complaints were the wrong thing to do from chris, as they wanted to sell the effects separately after the supporter packs

TBH, those packs with back attachments were not really appealing. Best packs so far were the rhoa and awakening packs.
im completely fine with how the packs look now, but if others are not then they won't buy them.

good on Chris and GGG to do admit their mistake and do something about it. is it necessary they do? of course not, but if they don't then they won't sell any packs, and it will be a hurtin' year for PoE. now that they'll add a couple other things in there they will sell more packs and we'll get more content patches.

its a win-win
There is entitled whining in every announcement thread these days, I didn't feel like the support pack thread had more than usual. Given the response from GGG I'm guessing there was internal debate about the value of the packs and they probably knew they were pushing it in terms of what the general community expects. They probably set the bar a bit too high with the forsaken masters packs.

I thought they were pretty much in line with the awakening packs in terms of value. I wasn't too in to them myself, portals don't really get me excited. In my small group of friends we all each use a different portal and all know whose portal is whose. So for me they're just like the amulet demons I'll never use. The pets are cool though and double pet is gonna be fun.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
anvilgod wrote:
"
vio wrote:

TBH, those packs with back attachments were not really appealing. Best packs so far were the rhoa and awakening packs.

I rather enjoyed the Forsaken Master packs. Loving this little gargoyle, though.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Nov 27, 2015, 3:27:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info