Is GGG trying to destroy us with hype?

"
Zephryl wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Wait. Ascendency release time is 4-5 months?

I believe they said Q1 2016, so I'd say more like 3-4 barring unforeseen things.

Talisman is meant to last close to release, so we'll probably get the exact date when Talisman league launches.

There is a shiny countdown on login page for Talisman league going on for a week now.
"
Lexelor wrote:
Any POE player that's been around for a while, knows they thrive off our pain. I myself have played casually since open beta. (POE? Casual? WTF am I saying) During this time I always find myself with hype being forced upon me by little teasers, tiny hints, beautiful uniques I may never touch... And how the devs always find new ways to make us die.

But this, this is a whole new type of suffering, they've left us hyped over a new challenge league (and more importantly tree reveal) and they also have the Ascendancy update lingering over us, which we wont be getting for 4-5+ months. One big update wasn't enough, they tossed the announcements for both at us in a very short amount of time, how am I supposed to decide what I'm excited about now?

I play "casually". Not sure why you think PoE must be played obsessively or in hardcore fashion?

And they have some hype over their upcoming updates. What's wrong with that? The devs have families to feed too. They made this their career and lifeblood, so why not promote it now and then, and tease with announcements?

I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at other than announcing they're 1.) not a patient person, and/or 2.) easily distracted by the next promotion. In either and both cases, the cure is to learn to enjoy what you have now and look forward to the future updates but don't obsess about them. I know, I know, easier said than done. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
lone500 wrote:
"
rob16437 wrote:
They killed the hype for Talisman with the expansion news(at least for me). They should have waited. I was looking forward to Talisman league but I may just skip it and wait for the expansion with these new developments.

so if they announced what they were working on coming out with in 2 years time u would skip everything till then?

have fun playing the game in the here and now. it will change soon enough. enjoy thyself

If the wait is only 4 months yes. After seeing the new classes and new puzzle type +trap mechanix, levers new bosses, new areas I will not be able to help feeling like I am playing an incomplete game in the Talisman. I still might play but the new announcements make talisman feel more like a beta and I've never been big on beta's/. I prefer a more complete game and knowing that it is coming is enough to take a break if I choose. Trust me dude, I've put in many hours. I plan on buying the Ascendancy supporter pack on my other account.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

I play "casually". Not sure why you think PoE must be played obsessively or in hardcore fashion?

And they have some hype over their upcoming updates. What's wrong with that? The devs have families to feed too. They made this their career and lifeblood, so why not promote it now and then, and tease with announcements?

I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at other than announcing they're 1.) not a patient person, and/or 2.) easily distracted by the next promotion. In either and both cases, the cure is to learn to enjoy what you have now and look forward to the future updates but don't obsess about them. I know, I know, easier said than done. :-)

It was just a stupid way to say I am very hyped for all of this. I also stated I am a casual player. This was just meant to be a light hearted thread to see how people feel about all these announcements at once ^.^

I am definitely enjoying the game in it's current state, and I know I will enjoy it regardless of what changes to the tree or balance we see in the coming months/year. This game never disappoints.
Just replace the entire website with a timer counting down until Ascendancy.
So... Sounds like someone needs to go and have a nice refreshing fishing session.
"
rob16437 wrote:
If the wait is only 4 months yes. After seeing the new classes and new puzzle type +trap mechanix, levers new bosses, new areas I will not be able to help feeling like I am playing an incomplete game in the Talisman. I still might play but the new announcements make talisman feel more like a beta and I've never been big on beta's/. I prefer a more complete game and knowing that it is coming is enough to take a break if I choose. Trust me dude, I've put in many hours. I plan on buying the Ascendancy supporter pack on my other account.

Play until killing Rigwald, then wait for the next expansion. There are things to discover this league (for example, about Ezomytes and the First Ones) and talismans to farm. It will never be as easy again.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Rigwald armor set is going to be totally worth it.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Guess I should be more aroused by Talisman then considering I still have a lot of catch up to do.
"
Lexelor wrote:
It was just a stupid way to say I am very hyped for all of this. I also stated I am a casual player. This was just meant to be a light hearted thread to see how people feel about all these announcements at once ^.^

I am definitely enjoying the game in it's current state, and I know I will enjoy it regardless of what changes to the tree or balance we see in the coming months/year. This game never disappoints.

Good deal. :-)

Fortunately I don't have as much time invested as others, so the new passive skill tree and classes doesn't bother me. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what's new though!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info