Is GGG trying to destroy us with hype?

Ascendancy has completely overshadowed the talisman leagues imo. The ascendancy classes are absolutely going to be game changing. Talisman is bland in comparison.

That said, it is to be expected. One is an expansion, the other is just a challenge league.

I definitely would have preferred if they announced ascendancy later. I was pretty hyped about talisman but now I can't help but compare it to ascendancy and find it lacking. Hopefully they focus more on talisman announcements to get the hype back.

It doesn't really matter though, I will play the talisman leagues and I will enjoy them. I just won't be excited for them when they start.

One other thing, I expect a lot of people will be confused about when ascendancy is coming and there will be tons of annoying questions in global about how to get the ascendancy classes.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Nov 25, 2015, 9:33:49 AM
New supporter packs needed a hook and best to put them out for the holiday season. There is Talisman to play in between and I expect Ascendancy to show in March unless unforeseen glitches hang it up. It's entirely an economic move but the sneak peek of the new supporter packs seriously looks worth getting. Ascendancy looks good but then I liked the idea of the last expansion but just can't seem to get myself to play through it.

I do like the fact you can play the labyrinth part at every difficultly rather than having to get through merciless to see the content.
"
Ascendancy has completely overshadowed the talisman leagues imo. The ascendancy classes are absolutely going to be game changing. Talisman is bland in comparison.

But there is Rigwald, the talisman themselves and delicious lore, D=
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Well.. with Awakening I proposed a name change to Act IV: The Hypening.

Somehow Hypendency doesn't sound that good.

Anyway very happy with the teaser. I think the Ascendency classes will have way more impact on the game then jewels and cards.
Hype is always... well... hyped. This is always a normal way to promote something new, whether a movie, tv show, or arpg. Nothing to complain here. Trolling by Chris is another problem entirely and not desired. The humor was ok in OB PoE, now it is just old and stale and has lost it's humor.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info