Three New Supporter Uniques

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
AielloA wrote:
(if SRS is described as a Minion skill and is affected by Minion passives, then it's a minion skill not a homing fireball. Deal with it) for the staff to reach its full potential.
To be fair, the actual reason it's a minion is because it actually is a minion, mechanically functions exactly like a minion, and doesn't function even significantly similarly to a fireball.

If we made skeletons spawn at your location rather than where you clicked, would that make them "homing arctic breath" (due to both using ground movement rather than flying)?

Slight misfire, Mark. I believe Aielloa is siding with you (and others, including myself) on this by saying that, regardless of others trying to say it is NOT a minion skill, SRS without a doubt is a minion skill and the nay-sayers just have to deal with that fact.

Here is a quote from what Aielloa was likely referring to:
"
sidtherat wrote:
staff is weird and it seems to cement the notion that SRS is a 'summon' (while it clearly is a homing fireball not a summon).
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Shajirr wrote:
Rotgut is disgusting - you still have Surgeon's mod in the game, even through it is OP as hell, and you even put its equivalent on a unique flask to prevent it being usable by non-crit builds? Good job!

the shield is a fluff. this game (currently, maybe 3.0 changes things A LOT) is all about clear speed. anything that does not directly support clear speed (aka 'fluff') is a bonus that sounds nice, looks nice on paper yet people ignore it entirely. -smoke cloud? -wow. is it free? -no, you have to use a weird shield. -whatever..

if that fluff was really important we would see it used already. but it is really difficult to find a 'viable' build that uses such fluff. the less buttons to push while farming (while watching a movie) the better. this is current poe 'meta' and unless there are changes ahead and serious ones at that it wont change

Sad but true. In the end, I decided the fluff and thematics was far more important to me than clear speed. It might not make everyone else happy but it made me happy, so all that matters. Sometimes I am glad that I am able to think outside of pure min/max and not be enslaved to it. Of course, I get my competitive fix from fighting games instead of PoE.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
^if it was "all of your traps activate a smoke cloud" instead of a local modifier i could really see end-game potential in that "fluff".

But as is, the only beneficial modifier is the EHP increase (spell damage reduction)

Was there a reason why i could not be a global trap modifier?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Place utility traps into the fan, then use your 6link for a fire skill (not necessarily a trap skill). E.G. Bear Trap - Conversion Trap - Multiple Traps. Or one of those with increased duration. I wonder if a trap supported with increased duration (or "skill duration" passive tree nodes) also increases the duration of the cloud... probably not; will test.
"
Boem wrote:
^if it was "all of your traps activate a smoke cloud" instead of a local modifier i could really see end-game potential in that "fluff".

But as is, the only beneficial modifier is the EHP increase (spell damage reduction)

Was there a reason why i could not be a global trap modifier?

Peace,

-Boem-

Too powerful. I think most people would be surprised how limited your options can be when designing a supporter unique nowadays. You can't just ask to crank out something that is beyond god tier and expect to get it. It isn't like the old days. That and it wasn't my goal anyway but I certainly did have to settle on a lot of things while still trying to fit the theme.

I think they might be more wary nowadays when it comes to what they'll put in the game.
"

Sad but true. In the end, I decided the fluff and thematics was far more important to me than clear speed. It might not make everyone else happy but it made me happy, so all that matters. Sometimes I am glad that I am able to think outside of pure min/max and not be enslaved to it. Of course, I get my competitive fix from fighting games instead of PoE.

So you keep telling use Clive.
"
j33bus wrote:
"

So you keep telling use Clive.

Maybe I am trying to convince myself.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
AielloA wrote:
(if SRS is described as a Minion skill and is affected by Minion passives, then it's a minion skill not a homing fireball. Deal with it) for the staff to reach its full potential.
To be fair, the actual reason it's a minion is because it actually is a minion, mechanically functions exactly like a minion, and doesn't function even significantly similarly to a fireball.

If we made skeletons spawn at your location rather than where you clicked, would that make them "homing arctic breath" (due to both using ground movement rather than flying)?

well.. it is semantics and ones that you can change with a flip of a switch and noone would notice (just change jewels with +minionsdamage to +fire damage)

it plays like a self-cast homing fireball
it looks like a homing fireball
its gameplay and gearing is more of a spellcaster (cast speed, little to no minion-specific items)
the pure notion of caring about minions (even if expendable) is absent

it is just a tag choice while for all intents and purposes it is a self-cast fire based caster

isnt it weird that the most effective 'summoner' build uses +fire staff and pretty much no minion-targeted items (besides +miniondamage jewels that made it even stronger)

technical reasons are one thing but this is strange from gameplay perspective.

were the 'classic' summoners also powercreeped to death (pun intended) and made a 'starting build' for noobs?
Cool staff. I can get >30 animated weapons sometimes so I wish it had a reward.

Summon Raging Spirits is more like a homing Spark than a summon. When the build guide says the optimal weapon is a Pledge of Hands, an SRS build passes through the uncanny valley away from resembling a summoner anymore.
Last edited by NorrYtt on Nov 25, 2015, 2:12:32 AM
"
NorrYtt wrote:
y u no Animated Weapon?

I'm going to be honest here: when I think of "minion" I tend to think "INT skill gem," and more often than not completely forget that Animate Weapon and Animate Guardian are things that exist. Also, isn't there a limit on the amount of mods a single weapon can have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info