Now that there will be traps, will there also be puzzles?

"
holocaustus wrote:
You know, a dungeon full of traps is nice, but a dungeon full of traps and puzzles is even better. Something to test your brains in addition to your twitch skills. Nothing too complicated, of course, as we don't want to drive away the millenials, just some levers and buttons to disable traps, open secret passages and such.

Stop insulting millenials. I'm one and I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than you, ;) (if you are a physics PhD, I'll eat my words).

That being said, I expect some Unique maps focused on harder puzzles. For randomized dungeons, I don't expect anything harder for the reasons talked in this thread.

"
Phrazz wrote:
If puzzles are becoming a big part of PoE, I'm out. I hate puzzles in my fast paced action games. If I want puzzles, I play Portal. Or Broken fucking Sword.

But you don't care about about trading and heavy RPG elements in your action game? People this days...

I, for one, welcome our new trap overlords.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
holocaustus wrote:
I wouldn't mind a design that let's the "fast-paced action" crowd breeze through the dungeon asap while explorers can go out of their way to find hidden and secret treasures. Question is whether GGG want to dedicate the development time to content that only a fraction of players will see let alone appreciate.

It could be an "if you build it, they will come" (and/or come back) scenario. :)
Yeah something like: "John Smith Ate 2 candies, Will Smith ate 4 candies, how many candies were eaten together?"
Six candies?

Tell me if I'm getting warm :D

Will Smith should have given John one candy so that they could have each had 3 candies and been happier. Unless John was on a low glycemic diet.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Yeah something like: "John Smith Ate 2 candies, Will Smith ate 4 candies, how many candies were eaten together?"

None, they weren't together when they ate them.
Better like:

You have ten candys, someone ask you to give 2 candys. How many Candys you have after that ?

Spoiler
Ten. :D
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Traps are such a terrible idea... Think it sucked losing your lvl 90 on HC to mobs? It's going to be 10x more painful losing it to some stupid as fuck trap that offered you no loot no exp just a quick way to die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info