Logged back in to dead character

So I cleared an area in hc act 4 cruel, tp'd back to town & sorted my stash out for a few minutes and logged out.

Logged back into POE about 15 minutes later to see my character was ripped to standard.

Not looking for character to be reinstated just after an explanation as to what went wrong.

Any ideas?
IGN:
Last edited by RottenSausage on Nov 22, 2015, 9:42:58 AM
LBS (little brother syndrome).
lol only me in the house...

ok so looking at the character sheet my flasks are registering as half full which wouldn't be the case if I was in town, it's like I tp'd back to town but the server never registered me as back there?
IGN:
Are you sure that the area was clear and did you notice anything about your stash? Just asking since you can die en route to town when a debuff is still ticking and/or you have to make an emergency exit. In this case, you don't get a resurrect message since you are on your way to town anyway. It's just the Standard one. So, are you sure you were looking at your Hardcore stash?

Edit: Flasks not refilled sounds off, though.
Last edited by Alysma on Nov 22, 2015, 9:51:04 AM
Hi there yes I'm certain I was back in town for a few minutes, was in my stash then used the vendor & went back to my stash to the drop currency in then logged out.

I understand what you mean about 'aborting' whilst being affected by a d.o.t and it looks like you got out the game in time then log back into a dead char and no 'ressurect in town' message.

This was different struck me as very strange.
IGN:
LBGS (little brother ghost syndrome)

Don't know if this is possible, but let's see.

1) You disconnect from the game server due to internet trouble.
2) You port back to town on your client, but the character in game is still active standing there getting beat on and dies.
3) On your client you open your stash which connects to a different server (the items are stored on a global server while the game plays out on local ones) and you fuss with it.
4) You log out.

5) Log back in and you're dead.

That doesn't explain the 1/2 filled potions though.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Nov 22, 2015, 10:25:11 AM
That's looking like the best theory at the moment...
IGN:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info