(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
Hi, thanks for sharing ur build.

It's a good build but im feel so squishy, sometimes im dying so fast, i'm really interested by more defensive build.

Other thing, i'm really dont understand how fortify and shield charge work, i feel this work 1 time on 10 ... sometimes just for fun i only shield charge mobs, and, nothing ... so strange.

Here my stuff at lvl 78 (200k+ dps full buff) :

I think its not a bad stuff.

If you have the time to make this build mode defensive, i take it with pleasure.

Btw, its really easy to leveling this build and work fine ATM, just need to be more defensive (for me), i know attack and big damage is like a defence, and maybe my level 78 is too low for see how the build shine.

Thanks demopolos =)

Hey man!

Your level (and perhaps the order that you picked nodes in the tree), combined with not having fortify up as is often needed, might account for the squishy feel.

Keep in mind that you only get fortify if you directly hit an enemy with shield charge. This means that if you charge into the area, you aren't hitting anything. I put shield charge on left click and click directly on mobs, and... seems like I get fortify 100% of the time?

You're right that your gear isn't bad; it's solid.

For the tankiest version of the build:
-Use BM version (more nodes available for defense, even though you don't get AoE gem in 6L)
-Use lightning coil instead of carcass and balance res around it
-Work in topaz flask to setup for overcap lightning res(possibly in place of atziri flask)
-Pick up all life/armour/block nodes laid out in my BM tree, before getting the more mediocre offensive nodes (i.e. the 5 % speed/10 % physical damage nodes)
-Drop enhance on blood rage, and move cwdt to a 4L and add enfeeble
-swap the herald prolif 4L out for: enlighten - herald of ash - hatred - determination ***this is a big shift, will reduce clear speed substantially while giving huge buff to armour***

I would recommend moving things around in tree to get as much of the defense as possible, and practicing shield charge/fortify upkeep and flask management before making the big changes to the build. You will be getting a lot more life as you level!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you've got any more questions!
Last edited by demopolos on Jan 24, 2016, 10:52:11 PM
"
demopolos wrote:
"
Hi, thanks for sharing ur build.

It's a good build but im feel so squishy, sometimes im dying so fast, i'm really interested by more defensive build.

Other thing, i'm really dont understand how fortify and shield charge work, i feel this work 1 time on 10 ... sometimes just for fun i only shield charge mobs, and, nothing ... so strange.

Here my stuff at lvl 78 (200k+ dps full buff) :

I think its not a bad stuff.

If you have the time to make this build mode defensive, i take it with pleasure.

Btw, its really easy to leveling this build and work fine ATM, just need to be more defensive (for me), i know attack and big damage is like a defence, and maybe my level 78 is too low for see how the build shine.

Thanks demopolos =)

Hey man!

Your level (and perhaps the order that you picked nodes in the tree), combined with not having fortify up as is often needed, might account for the squishy feel.

Keep in mind that you only get fortify if you directly hit an enemy with shield charge. This means that if you charge into the area, you aren't hitting anything. I put shield charge on left click and click directly on mobs, and... seems like I get fortify 100% of the time?

You're right that your gear isn't bad; it's solid.

For the tankiest version of the build:
-Use BM version (more nodes available for defense, even though you don't get AoE gem in 6L)
-Use lightning coil instead of carcass and balance res around it
-Work in topaz flask to setup for overcap lightning res(possibly in place of atziri flask)
-Pick up all life/armour/block nodes laid out in my BM tree, before getting the more mediocre offensive nodes (i.e. the 5 % speed/10 % physical damage nodes)
-Drop enhance on blood rage, and move cwdt to a 4L and add enfeeble
-swap the herald prolif 4L out for: enlighten - herald of ash - hatred - determination ***this is a big shift, will reduce clear speed substantially while giving huge buff to armour***

I would recommend moving things around in tree to get as much of the defense as possible, and practicing shield charge/fortify upkeep and flask management before making the big changes to the build. You will be getting a lot more life as you level!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you've got any more questions!

Thanks for ur reply, i'm gonna try all of this !

Finished a t13 and clean atziri under 5/7min at lvl 79, yesterday, i got a Pledge of hand (158%) on her, for fun and because i was tired, i'm trying to get 6s & 6l and WHAT ! 350jew's and only 20fuz O_o this is my second 6L crafted this season, the first one on Infernal mantle 300jew's et 250fuz, playing last the beta, spend a lot of fuz all seasons and nothing, but at this one, i'm so lucky.

Good luck and take care =)

When does HOA start killing packs?

lvl 60 toon atm and it doesn't do much atm

51k cyclone dps

Last edited by MrGuardian on Jan 25, 2016, 4:02:03 PM
Never if you use the wrong links! :)

You are using concentrated effect in your herald of ash 4L, in place of AoE. You want the aoe to be bigger, not smaller!

Your damage will go up exponentially as you level, given things like lvl 1 cyclone that you are using. At 100k, with the right 4L, I think it starts feeling really good.
"
demopolos wrote:
Never if you use the wrong links! :)

You are using concentrated effect in your herald of ash 4L, in place of AoE. You want the aoe to be bigger, not smaller!

Your damage will go up exponentially as you level, given things like lvl 1 cyclone that you are using. At 100k, with the right 4L, I think it starts feeling really good.

Oh i did this during leveling cuz the herald of ash was not doing dmg, with conc eff on cyclone, so I use incaoe on cyclone cuz thats whats killing stuff atm

and uh damn didn't know cyclone was stuck on level 1.. lol thanks
"
MrGuardian wrote:
Oh i did this during leveling cuz the herald of ash was not doing dmg, with conc eff on cyclone, so I use incaoe on cyclone cuz thats whats killing stuff atm

and uh damn didn't know cyclone was stuck on level 1.. lol thanks

No problem! :)

Your gems are very, very important. Def take the time to get them all all 20 quality, and level them up as you progress.

I think you are not understanding the mechanics of the build. You need your cyclone to deal as much dmg as possible (meaning conc effect is mandatory), as the herald burn is based off of "overkill" damage from your cyclone. By adding aoe to cyclone, you might gain quality of life in hitting things more easily... but you lose the single target dps, and weaken the aoe burn by having low single target dmg.

The links are all in the OP... def use AoE on herald of ash, and conc effect on cyclone. With mana version of the build, you can drop BM and add aoe to 6L as well, but this is endgame decision (lose about 8 passives in tree of defense/lil offense to gain the link).
Thanks for the build, works great so far on the talisman leaque. Currently doing 152k without counting my flasks and a lot of my gems aren't even fully lvl'd or have quality yet. Only change I made to the tree was taking barbarism life cluster instead of the 2 armor and jewel slot for little more boost to life and tiny boost to resistance so I can run maps with elemental equilibrium and still remain capped.

My current gear:
Hi Demopolos!

Thx for your great guide! This build is working great ... an lucky me i rolled an 6L carcass yesterday without much effort :D

Passive (the only difference is ive taken rampart)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwEhwSzBS0FPAY5C2EM9xQgFewaPiFgKaUvzDGeMgkyTjWSPAU8LT0PPfxAoEa3R35IeErITUZN4099UEdRYFWpXhNfP2FSYuxlTWebaPJqAWxGbqpvO3Jscql07XTxdn9343gNeTl5aHrvfNl-4H7igFaDX4TZhO-Mz4-Zl7SZK5stnleiAKZXqW6playvrj6vbK-ntfK2irkdvTa9gb6nwBrAZsC_wQTBgsQVxPbFU8auypDTb9i92sHcMuRR7w7vTu988B_yL_ZI9zL-jw==?accountName=Fetzi_at&characterName=Jettex

Gear:
Spoiler

Mostly i run inc aoe in cyclone setup due to warlords mark as passive. More enemies hit = more life and more burning.

For higher tier maps i switch the shield to
for the 5% more block, so im with tempest shield on about 55% blockchance.

small demonstration on clean t7 map https://youtu.be/i85Ax6e2hwo ... well ive recorded in fhd but youtube takes its time to scale :D

Clean dmg without charges and flasks
inc aoe: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4245/wbhuteno_jpg.htm
conc: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4245/ppmla68c_jpg.htm
Last edited by Fetzi_at on Jan 26, 2016, 12:08:35 PM
This build is fun! With 15 Ex and a 6L I already owned I was able to reach 140k DPS and 4k health at level 70! 208k DPS / 63% damage reduction / stacked resists and (soon) max block!

Now if only I had a chest that would support Ice Crash and Infernal Blow! I need 2x more Carcass Jacks!
Facebreaker is Life.
Last edited by J0hn_L on Jan 29, 2016, 10:06:34 PM
Hi, Demopolos! I'm currently playing on Talisman with my 82 TS Ranger and I'm saving up currency to create a new toon with this build(getting bored with bow, just want to do an in-your-face brawler) so any advice on how much should I save up to have a decent toon?

I've just started and this is my 7th day of playing, currently I have 3 ex saved up. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance and based from what I've read, this is a really fun build to try. Can't wait!
Last edited by etoilee on Jan 27, 2016, 4:03:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info