(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
Idyar wrote:
Hey Demopololos really loving the build! I am having trouble finding gear in league wondering if I am doing something wrong with searches or if the gear just doesn't exist for a reasonable price yet.

My facebreakers are 784 should I try and get that all the way to 800?
Should I save up for Taste of hate first or a 6l chest first?

Here is the search I am using to try and find rings (sorting by total) http://poe.trade/search/eteisahoioritu

Still getting one shot every so often so I know I need some more armour and life. Would like to fix my rings then 6l then taste of hate. Wondering what your advice is!

I had the same problem as you, it was kinda hard to upgrade items cause i couldnt find them. If you want to upgrade your ring to a steel ring just buy one white or magic (for like 30 chaos) and craft with a Deafening Essence of Contempt.

Also you dont really need 2 life flasks, swap one for a Basalt Flask.
Last edited by JerryVoy on Dec 18, 2016, 3:17:46 PM
"
JerryVoy wrote:

I had the same problem as you, it was kinda hard to upgrade items cause i couldnt find them. If you want to upgrade your ring to a steel ring just buy one white or magic (for like 30 chaos) and craft with a Deafening Essence of Contempt.

Thanks for the advice. Bought a steel ring and going to craft it. Also switched one flask to basalt while waiting for taste of hate money.

Any other advice would be appreciated never have got to beating the end game bosses and stuff and would really like to get there this league.
"
Idyar wrote:
"
JerryVoy wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Bought a steel ring and going to craft it. Also switched one flask to basalt while waiting for taste of hate money.

Any other advice would be appreciated never have got to beating the end game bosses and stuff and would really like to get there this league.

Ive never played for so long tbh. This is my first time playing an standard temp league i usually played HC and never got to end game content only reached lvl 90.

Atm im crushing t12-14 maps, have tried the guardians but im not strong enough. Guess you would need high life rolls in all your gear that puts you at 6.5kish HP at lvl 90, 7k at 95 or so.

With both steel rings and 20/20 gems you should achieve 20k dps unbuffed. More than 100k with auras and flasks.

Also Cyclone might be better for Uber Atziri and Shaper etc. You could change the tree a bit later for that but try leveling cyclone so you have a 20/20 gem.

Hope that helps, im no pro just got advice from Demopolos. In the mean time you can just farm Uber Izaro to get some currency, this buils does really well against him.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Can you post a full T16 run including boss?

Also, where is the IIQ coming from?

I don't wear any iiq. I had something worded weird in the OP on one video, sorry for the confusion.

Here is my first ever attempt at Hydra boss, though I started recording right at arena. Ended up going deathless.

Guardian of the Hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWyk2ef3Bw

And here's my first attempt with the cyclone version of the build on t16 Maze of the Minotaur. It's a bit slow as I was picking up items etc. I played pretty sloppy and died once. Deathless is definitely doable with tighter play.

Maze of the Minotaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKf28Wk14fw

One thing that is worth noting... I actually did this with my regular shield charge tree, and simply swapped to a different 6L with cyclone links. I was surprised that the mana worked mostly fine for me... so it is possible to just play with both skills on the same tree.

That said, I put 2 different trees in the OP for cyclone and sc, as cyclone is more mana intensive. I did this as I figured that people would want more mana for quality of life if they play cyclone all of the time.

"
kami_koi wrote:
HellO ! Are you guys dieing ? i mean, even in softcore, Am actually feeling totally crazy about playing with Abyssus in Breach Hardcore League...

Am just starting maps (t4 actually), but i dont want to dieeeeeeeee XXDDDDDDDDDDDDD

If you are a careful player you can probably use an abby in HC. The build is not invincible, but you can reliably grind t15 maps and uber lab without dying once you are geared. I would not advise this build for HC if you intend to farm guardians/shaper... you can kill them easily with it but you are bound to die eventually.

A similar slayer with BoR is an option... but you lose a lot of dps and links even though it's better defensively. You might explore a gladiator FB with 75/75 block and surrender shield for HC. I am probably going to mess with this when I have time.

"
Idyar wrote:

JerryVoy gave you solid advice. I just took a look at your character... imo to min max the lowest hanging fruit for you are:
-Swap ancestral protector to warchief... it is way better!
-Drop 3 mana passives south of duelist (i don't need them), get life or more dmg in tree
-Get a rare jewel with 3+ good mods. You get an open jewel slot for a single passive point in the far southwest of the tree, and jewels are a huge source of damage (and life if you have gg ones).
-Hopefully a good steel ring (wish you luck with the deafening contempt... make sure ilvl is high on base)
-blessed your meginord to 34-35
-Reroll life on your amulet at master to the 35-44 range
-Consider divining abyssus to 40-41

"

Ive never played for so long tbh. This is my first time playing an standard temp league i usually played HC and never got to end game content only reached lvl 90.

Atm im crushing t12-14 maps, have tried the guardians but im not strong enough. Guess you would need high life rolls in all your gear that puts you at 6.5kish HP at lvl 90, 7k at 95 or so.

With both steel rings and 20/20 gems you should achieve 20k dps unbuffed. More than 100k with auras and flasks.

Also Cyclone might be better for Uber Atziri and Shaper etc. You could change the tree a bit later for that but try leveling cyclone so you have a 20/20 gem.

Hope that helps, im no pro just got advice from Demopolos. In the mean time you can just farm Uber Izaro to get some currency, this buils does really well against him.

I am a pretty crummy player and guardians haven't been that bad for me if I just swap to cyclone. I am killing them with 1-2 deaths. I am pretty sure deathless will be fairly easy once I get to know the fights a little bit.

I bet if you just swap to cyclone you can do them right now! Let me know in game if you need any input.

Last edited by demopolos on Dec 19, 2016, 5:03:15 AM
"
demopolos wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Can you post a full T16 run including boss?

Also, where is the IIQ coming from?

I don't wear any iiq. I had something worded weird in the OP on one video, sorry for the confusion.

Here is my first ever attempt at Hydra boss, though I started recording right at arena. Ended up going deathless.

Guardian of the Hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWyk2ef3Bw

And here's my first attempt with the cyclone version of the build on t16 Maze of the Minotaur. It's a bit slow as I was picking up items etc. I played pretty sloppy and died once. Deathless is definitely doable with tighter play.

Maze of the Minotaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKf28Wk14fw

One thing that is worth noting... I actually did this with my regular shield charge tree, and simply swapped to a different 6L with cyclone links. I was surprised that the mana worked mostly fine for me... so it is possible to just play with both skills on the same tree.

That said, I put 2 different trees in the OP for cyclone and sc, as cyclone is more mana intensive. I did this as I figured that people would want more mana for quality of life if they play cyclone all of the time.

Ok makes more sense, just a small request but the next t16 you record you really do not need to pick up loot. Depending on loot filter and picking habits, it can make a run seem vastly slower than it really is. Thanks!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hey guys small update on the build so far, it is freaking amazing. I have not had any trouble yet, but I am a first time player as well so map progression feels a bit slow (as in i cant find correct maps to progress, and I dont even know if im doing it right) but the build itself is content breaking. It destroys everything!! Just finished capping my res, now I need to work on steel rings!
Just wanted to report in and say that this build has been a blast to play. With incredibly fast clear speeds and survivability, you are only really ever in danger if you stop moving & leeching. This is my first time playing a slayer and I have to say that the bleed immune + leech bonuses are pretty damn amazing. It's a super fun + fast budget build that allows you to basically ignore bleed mechanics and rush through content at brake-neck speeds.

Spoiler

Most pieces cost me about 5-6 Chaos, with the exception of Abyssus, which set me back about 25 chaos in Breach.
Last edited by Nishtha on Dec 19, 2016, 5:00:37 PM
hmm.. just tried xoph's for the lul. i took him down to half health with my mediocre items, but honestly, I dont think switching to steel rings is gonna help solve the problem. hm.. any suggestions? I went shield charge btw
timing and working the mechanics is everything with boss fights. Pretty much all of the endgame bosses have attacks which are avoidable 1 shots or massive channel/dot damage which isn't really meant to be tankable without crazy gear/builds.

With Xoph, his flame pillars and cyclone do a lot of damage but both are easy to dodge. His cyclone is only up about 20% of the time so stay away from him when he's doing that if you can't leech through it. When he starts to cast his flame pillar thing, just move out of the way as it won't change aim once he's started to cast then just move in and smash him again. If you aren't sure what his cast animation looks like, find a youtube video of it so you can spot it. Like most bosses it's pretty easy to spot once you know what to look for.

Once you get a bit better gear you can just leech through the cyclone pretty easily and faceroll him.

oh and more dps = damage reduction ;)

Last edited by gote66666 on Dec 19, 2016, 7:19:05 PM
i was thinking in use a 5L Belly of the Beast in place of my 5L astral plate to reach 6k life. I think the most important defense mechanic of this build is LIFE POOL because no matter what you invest in armour, it wull never be enough to overlay Abyssus Damage Taken. Another possibility is Cherrubim's Lamellar 100% life leeched per second but i still prefer belly. What your thoughs?
Last edited by bombtrap on Dec 20, 2016, 8:04:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info