Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

"Path of Exile is one of those games I have never played and don’t know anyone who has played...It feels a little like DoTA did to me, back when that was a WarCraft 3 mod." -RockPaperShotgun

what?!... i've never read anything from rockpapershotgun before, but after that terrible piece of coverage i know why.

but in other news, expansion looks super dope, great job GGG!!! hype train for 3 months!!!

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Nov 21, 2015, 11:19:56 AM
great job GGG , but write in my lenguage.

Impresionante no se puede describir con palabras el contenido que se agrega en cada actualizacion, ahora con mas razon donare para ampliar mi inventario ademas de tener cosas cosmeticas y pensar que llevo años jugandolo y no me deja de sorprender. gracias

GG and GL, wait next year!!
I don't think it will be so good as is presented. Remember awakening? Lot of build was killed. Massive nerf killed diversity of build. I would give up awakening upgrade immediately if I could.

I afraid Ascendancy will be +/- the same.
"
Kastmar wrote:
I don't think it will be so good as is presented. Remember awakening? Lot of build was killed. Massive nerf killed diversity of builds. I would give up awakening upgrade immediately if I could.

I afraid Ascendancy will be +/- the same.
no, this is once again just more of the same and that is not enough by a long shot. since you are by this point obviously completely unwilling to broaden the spectrum of gameplay beyond mindless grinding, I´m finished. what this game needed was not an end game map with a few twists (which obv that trap dungeon whatever thing is supposed to be), but a reason to log in every day, and especially in off-league times, and this expansion adds NOTHING to that aspect. NOTHING. what a waste of the basic gameplay which always has been great - but I´m only willing to do the same thing so many times when it doesn´t serve a long-term end-game purpose.

and really, MORE character building options? that was the LAST thing missing from the game, OMG
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
This looks great.

Except for one thing: pidgeonholing people into specific builds for certain classes. Many people I play with do not stick to the run of the mill setups for each class. Instead they branch out to try the absurd. PoE has always been built around the concept of doing what you want with a character.

Please do not force people to play as certain things. That's just not any fun.

Edit: wow none of my characters seem like they are going to fit into ANY of these categories we are forced to choose from. That is not good!
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop - Support Path of Exile!
Last edited by Genobee on Nov 21, 2015, 12:35:38 PM
Actually having had some time to process all of it, I feel good about Ascendancy and will retract all my previous statements. :D

If anything I think it'll increase build variety rather than kill it. Some of the skills in the different Ascendancy trees may look clear cut, like "this will be the ultimate" Ascendancy class for x build for example. That's ignoring the massive utility some less obvious choices might actually have for a build (like Juggernaut always fortify being useful for pretty much every build ever, no matter caster or melee).

I'm pretty hopeful for Ascendancy now. Keep up the good work GGG!
IGN : Jovial
Just got here, still reading...

Is this new content similar to a new act (3 difficulties, must progress through to enter new difficulty)or more like an end game - mapping zone?

It reads more like mapping content:
A unique, "small" zone of content that spawns at the players request (labyrinth device?)... but with a global aspect that everyone shares the exact same daily layout.

and... HYPE THINGS AND STUFF!!!!
Won't the ascendancy classes kill build diversity to an extent? The nodes are pretty powerful, thus the trees almost force you to make a stereotypical build like arrow slinging ranger, summoning witch, etc. I'm not sure about that idea... I hope we will at least have the option to take regular skill points instead.

Also, this 4 seconds stuff... just no. Penalize people for stopping to pick up and identify an item? in an ARPG?

The rest looks very nice, especially the enchantments.
woot more stuff ? damn nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info