Item Development - Threshold Jewels

Eh if you buff them those jewels can viable or two other then that a core stat jewel would be better still.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I am reserved about this kind of jewels until they are all out and tested.

I personally dont like any kind of inconsistent damage, or to say RNG based, so I can't really see myself building character around heavy strike jewel.

I would personally love to see some time spending on solving CoC and Mjolner performance issues. I just love CoC mechanic, and possibilities that offers easy skill change, but you have to live with solo life or at least party grunging.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
this is definitely going to make people be more careful with their builds which in my opinion is going to bring about new builds specifically being done around the jewels...all around awesome
Just blew a load to that heavy strike jewel.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
you guys do realize, ofc, that with the current passive tree it is literally impossible to allocate 50 intelligence in any of the jewel sockets' radii, with a "medium radius", right?
I like Spectral Throw as a skill, but that jewel adds zero to the playstyle of the skill.

Consider the name of the jewel: Steel Spirit

I can think of a few nifty options.

1: Spectral Throw projectiles now track targets and expire in X seconds. (X TBD later)

2: Spectral Throw projectiles now move to their maximum range and then hover for 2 seconds. (Affected by projectile speed)

That makes the skill interesting.
"
(as opposed to doubling the double-damage. Sorry guys!)

Damn, so no revenge on bosses for 1shot me? :(
I really like the idea, but have 2 qualms with it's implimentation.

1) Since multiples of the jewels will basically be necessary for your build, will they be available for purchase from a vendor? Maybe a vendor recipe of the skill gem and any other unique jewel?

2) Most of the jewels still seem pretty underpowered (for reasons stated in other posts). Mechanical changes are the only way to have the jewel be used over a 30% dmg and 5-7% life rare, but the current previews of the jewels seem to be really lackluster in what they deliver (with the exception of burning arrow, and possibly heavy strike, depending on if they're going to buff ele prolif's range so it's actually viable). If they had obvious combination choices with other support gems, then it might work better (like if fireball's aoe scaling benefited greatly from slower projectiles). Basically, the jewels need to be good. Who would pay to have a conditional 100% aoe increase on a skill which needs it to function over 60% damage and 10% life, plus however many other points you need to spend to unlock the threshold. I think the jewels could be really fun, but they all really need to be at least somewhat competitive.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
you guys do realize, ofc, that with the current passive tree it is literally impossible to allocate 50 intelligence in any of the jewel sockets' radii, with a "medium radius", right?

Actually, there are currently five jewel slots that have at least 50 int in a medium radius:

Witch's jewel slot next to the Instability power charge
Inside jewel slot between Templar and Witch coming up from Scion
Inside jewel slot between Shadow and Witch coming up from Scion
Shadow jewel slot between Mind Drinker and Blood Drinker
Templar jewel slot between "Faith and Steel" and "Devotion"

A quick search for "intel" on the passive tree will clearly show that.

And even if there weren't any current slots that have 50 in a medium radius, they'd be adding them to make the jewels functional. GGG has made some screwups but something as obvious as not having enough Int in the designated area is something even they wouldn't do.

Research before talking.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
DaTz_ wrote:
bonerific!

We'll show off the Summon Skeleton one later!

"Dead"
Meow meow secret mission meow

IGN:

RelishBitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info