Item Development - Threshold Jewels

My only question for the tarred ground is why would anyone use that over ice shot? Do they not essentially do the same thing?
I find the stated stats underwhelming. Bet some buffs are incoming.
Nice lore text chaps.

I hope you will be releasing all of these before they get implemented, together with the new passive tree to really get all of the theory-crafters hyped for the possible builds.

slowly building up the threshhold jewels and maybe a week beforehand an offline passive tree?

I could see myself going ham with these things.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Thats awesome, but what about summoners?
IGN JimansNotSummoner
I really wish you wouldn't succumb to releasing a garbage threshold jewel to compensate for the poor state of Spectral Throw. This jewel already requires 50 allocated dex to even use, and it's worse than a rare jewel in most cases.
Consider the phrasing "each Spectral Throw Projectile Gains"

Think about no-lmp/gmp spectral throw. You're gonna hit like 7 enemies MAX in a good pack. Usually single proj ST only hits like 3 or 4 enemies though.
With 4 enemies hit:
100 damage ST projectile gains 8% with base Jewel stat
108 damage to first enemy hit
112 damage to the next
116 to third
120 to fourth

That averages to 114 damage, or 14% increased spectral throw damage.
If we're going to be generous, that's up to say 20% spectral throw damage from a unique threshold jewel. I can buy a rare jewel with 34% damage(3 damage mods, not even 4) for under 3 chaos. Why would anyone in their right mind opt for such a terribly designed jewel that only gives 20% damage under the right circumstances? ST players, such as myself use alternate skills to kill unique bosses, such as dual strike or double strike. A rare jewel would increase DS damage, but not the unique jewel. Consider that Spectral Throw is only good for pack clearing, and this jewel only helps you damage packs.

It's so sad that this is seemingly the most useless threshold jewel being released in this batch. Nobody wants a unique jewel that simply adds a tiny amount of damage. I'd rather have something flavourful, like that 50% fireball radius jewel. Why can't Steel Spirit add a ST projectile instead? Give 50% more increased(multiplier for increased modifiers you already have) projectile speed? A jewel that makes the ST projectile thicker???

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 17, 2015, 9:59:32 PM
Is there a Glacial Hammer jewel? Pleaaaaaaaaaase.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Do threshold jewels could only be attained as world drop only/poe.trade?
Do they have vendor recipes or sold in NPC's like skill gems?

It would be frustrating to rely on RNG on finding this for a specific skill. It's either you already have one then make a new character around it or get luck in finding, buying in poe.trade or another player.

PHP Guild - Philippines
Cool, i'm interested in what people are going to come up with for these!
Return projectiles support when?
"
eXecut1on wrote:
Will Fireball + MP "shotgun" with that Jewel?

This.

NickK's statement about the jewel's function ("with one or two of these, the ability to overlap explosions from a safe distance makes Fireball a much more interesting choice.") makes it sound like you're re-enabling the ability to "shotgun" for fireball so long as this jewel is active. So GMP + this jewel + point-blank range = most damage? regardless of the intent to increase blast radius with distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info