Item Development - Threshold Jewels

Please can you not forget SPARK please

some ideas: 1- make it fly, so it can kill animated weapons, flying skulls
2- Make it costs less mana
3- make it have 1 more projectile for each jewel

The good with these mods for the jewel are that vaal spark wont be better, but self casters will.

love self caster spark, but hate to see how bad it is at higher levels, too much investment and low reward.
Just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out where the Fireball one will fit in the tree. I am highly disappointed by the actual implementation. As others have said, Fireball sucks and adding mandatory jewels for it to be playable is questionable, especially given how much bloat already exists in the tree. There is essentially only one slot that this jewel will fit into without wasting a bunch of points, and the one other kind of viable spot needs Energy From Within or you risk losing 25-30% ES which is totally not okay in the current meta.

I just feel like these jewels are not only going to be mandatory, but unwieldy. After spending 20+ minutes trying to figure out how I can run two of the Fireball ones, I'm pretty much ready to give up (again) on Fireball and just use a simpler, more effective skill.

I don't think GGG realizes how much of a pain in the ass it is trying to juggle all of these different elements anymore. Not saying I want to just point, click, and win, but there are so many headaches to solve with most skills that it simply isn't worth it. It is no wonder people go PA and Incinerate, it's not even the power level anymore, but the ease of play/lack of headaches that draws people to those skills.

Between these new threshold jewels, mana issues, defense issues (especially ES/Evasion), leech issues, etc... the game is becoming a chore to play.
Team Won
This is an excellent concept. I have a radical idea though. I'm going to reserve judgment as to whether or not these are going to be good or not until after I try them and see what other people who actually make a build with them think. 19 pages of mostly negative opinions on something that not one of us has used is ridiculous.

"
stonespeak wrote:
I absolutely LOVE IT!

This is a "near perfect" solution to the problem of Power Creep faced by the early on skill gems.

Please Add Threshold Jewels to early skills such as Sweep, Ground Slam, etc. next. I would even say do not add support for lategame powerful skills atm.

Thank you GGG

I agree with this completely.
"
stonespeak wrote:
I absolutely LOVE IT!

This is a "near perfect" solution to the problem of Power Creep faced by the early on skill gems.

Please Add Threshold Jewels to early skills such as Sweep, Ground Slam, etc. next. I would even say do not add support for lategame powerful skills atm.

Thank you GGG

sweep and groundslam are perfectly ok and end-game viable. properly built they can rival other skills no problem whatsoever

sweep + any kind of huge buff == new FOTM

it is only an Ice Crash hype train (that took most sheeple away) that stopped more people playing with sweep. it is really a good skill right now and fits perfectly into fast, aoe, no-target meta
Careful with the jewels that buff a single underused skill. If a skill is otherwise trash and is only made worthwhile by a jewel the combo becomes mandatory, thus reducing build diversity and the customization options that jewels were supposed to increase.

That's the Blizzard way of balancing things.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Great new possibilities

Why don't you abadon the skilltree already and make every slot a jewel slot?
Last edited by Hilbert on Nov 18, 2015, 12:59:55 PM
Ok, these are pretty neat, not even gonna lie.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info