Where were you when the GGG killed Incinerate?

No one is saying incinerate is dead, it's one of the strongest skills there is currently. Some people are concerned that it might die after it receives a nerf hammer which was mentioned by Chris in reddit.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
maybe they won't ruin it, there have been some skills that got nerfed but are still good

that new support jewel is also insane for incinerate so it might end up having the same damage although i don't know which support gem will be replaced since they all seem quite necessary (spell echo, faster cating, lmp, faster projectiles, fire pen, lifeleech are all great choices and you have to give up on one already)
Last edited by 1235 on Nov 18, 2015, 5:07:06 AM
"
1235 wrote:
maybe they won't ruin it, there have been some skills that got nerfed but are still good

that new support jewel is also insane for incinerate so it might end up having the same damage although i don't know which support gem will be replaced since they all seem quite necessary (spell echo, faster cating, lmp, faster projectiles, fire pen, lifeleech are all great choices and you have to give up on one already)

I think this is the point. If they nerf it (well.. even if they don't to tell the true... :D ) to compensate the effect of controlled destruction, then you'll be forced to use it and have less freedom with the other support gems. Spell echo and faster casting are already a must since you want to reach stage 4 as fast as possible. So you are left with 2 slots (assuming you have a 6L) where even now it's difficult to choose what to use among iron will, empower, lmp/gmp, added chaos damage, faster/slower proj, fire pen, life leech (without counting the new void manipulation for chaos incinerators)...
"
1235 wrote:

Usually when there's enough crying a skill does get destroyed pretty fast and I've seen it many many times. So in most cases I'll likely go with

R.I.P Incinerate - > Enter another FOTM - > Enter kids crying whaa whaa valence plz nurf - > Repeat been the same for years now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Usually when there's enough crying a skill does get destroyed pretty fast and I've seen it many many times. So in most cases I'll likely go with

R.I.P Incinerate - > Enter another FOTM - > Enter kids crying whaa whaa valence plz nurf - > Repeat been the same for years now.

This is indeed the most likely scenario.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I was at home and shed a tear of joy when I heard the news.

Now I hope PA gets the same treatment.
"

Let's assume it will. The good theorycrafters will find the next few FOTM skills, you'll start complaining about them on the forums, playing something weak and lamenting your life untill the next nerf/buff cycle and so on.
didn't checked his gear. apologizes from me then.
"
Bars wrote:
"

Let's assume it will. The good theorycrafters will find the next few FOTM skills, you'll start complaining about them on the forums, playing something weak and lamenting your life untill the next nerf/buff cycle and so on.

That's how I live. Always on the lookout for the next skill/mechanic to get nerfed.

I'm a restless knight.
:)

Eternally vigilant, sir Mareak of the Order of Nerf - reporting for duty!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info