PoE Forums ignore script (please remove if this violates ToS)

Yes, now I recall :(
What is it with those quitters? Maybe the avatars could transfer from the quit accounts to active forum folks?
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
Am I the only person on these forums that isn't a bitch and doesn't block anyone?

To each their own. Consider that a person coming to the forum for an enjoyable diversion from everyday stresses. Just because off topic isn't necessarily about PoE, doesn't mean they want to experience negativity.

If the script helps them filter out a few people they just don't want to listen to, and makes their forum experience better, than good for them. GGG gives us a lot of latitude in our right to speak here in O.T. (Thank you, BTW GGG). That doesn't mean other players have the responsibility to listen to (read) our bellyaching.

I've used a blocking script once before long ago on a different forum. We had an invasion of trolls that were posting thousands (upwards of 20,000 on some days)of garbage posts per day, and changing names and accounts. Even a dozen people adding to the block database couldn't keep up with them. After awhile, someone figured out a technical way to filter the trolls out on the hardware end, and the site owner was able to squelch them out. Half the community never bothered to return.

I don't think it is a matter of being tough or not, it's just a preference like what mtx you want to use on which character.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Naw, because you never really, truly quit. There's no expiration date on these things. For better or worse.

I was actually surprised when GGG came up with a way to free up old character names.

It's a good method, even though I'm miffed at losing Mr_Rogers before I could work out his build properly. (The goal was to get through the entire non-map game without killing anything - which I had been able to do in D2 before)
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Bars: Which is odd because you can sometimes more tenacious than anyone else here, Bars. Perhaps it's a momentary thing? That temporary insanity found in the myopic 'zeroing in' on a target. Perhaps.

I have bursts of occasional short-term interest, and they are getting more and more rare as everything is turning into a pattern I've already seen here.

It's one thing to argue about a point in the course of a few pages in the discussion, it's another to argue about it on and off with the same circular arguments in the course of, say, four hundred pages.

It's like the lab threads. I had strong opinions on the lab, I said them a number of times, there were counter-arguments, I argued, and at some point nothing new was being said, so I completely stopped paying attention to these threads.

In my observation, the vast majority of forum arguments aren't about establishing a better understanding on the subject through the art of debate, or finding common grounds and perhaps compromise, they are all about hammering the other side with your point, which is a thinly disguised and rationalized bundle of temperamental aptitudes, until the other side gives up. A sort of attrition fight.

Pointless and boring, for me at least.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 17, 2017, 2:31:59 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
It's a good method, even though I'm miffed at losing Mr_Rogers before I could work out his build properly. (The goal was to get through the entire non-map game without killing anything - which I had been able to do in D2 before)

Lmao, that's great.

I cleared the game using the old version of viper strike(poison damage per orb stack) no melee splash, famine and no life on gear on hardcore and had a lot of fun.

Challenges like that can be hilarious and make you appreciate the game in another way.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Another one bites the dust.^^
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Some people just aren't as charming as they think they are. And I'd know.

haha

I can see it when I know what to look for :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
lol

you're a blowfish! Charan's forum spirit animal confirmed.

I am tempted to write ROFL, which would mean I almost smiled and snickered a little in real life.

Crap we lost Charan.....

well much like Douglas Macarthur

I reckon he shall return
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info