Diablo 2 gets officially remastered

what exactly is the point of remaster when D2 runs just fine on todays computers ? and I dont remember many technical problems.

try to hook people up on OMG coolz graphics ? uh, plenty of people still play D2, graphics are literally the last thing non-casual gamers look for in games.

might be captain obvious, but this has all properties of a cash grab. blizz keeps milking the IPs from 15 years ago until the cows literally die.

I fucking miss 90s gaming (PC gaming). time when big companies actually took risks and created instead of being fine with necroing corpses.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Nope.

"
Blizzard has provided the following statement to GameSpot on the matter.

"We need engineers to help maintain our legacy games. We have a history of maintaining our games for many years. Our earlier games are still played and enjoyed today, so we want to continue to maintain them for those communities."

There will be a battle.net client integration, other than that don't expect any big changes. No remasterino.

Shame, I hoped they would maybe add new content and similar. D2 is the best arpg game out there, and if they would constantly release new expansion, I would still be playing it to this day (lats time I played the game was around 3 years ago).

I hope there will be more with the remaster. Age of empire is getting a new expansion ater all this year and its fucking great, same as age of mythology.
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Nope.

"
Blizzard has provided the following statement to GameSpot on the matter.

"We need engineers to help maintain our legacy games. We have a history of maintaining our games for many years. Our earlier games are still played and enjoyed today, so we want to continue to maintain them for those communities."

There will be a battle.net client integration, other than that don't expect any big changes. No remasterino.

Shame, I hoped they would maybe add new content and similar. D2 is the best arpg game out there, and if they would constantly release new expansion, I would still be playing it to this day (lats time I played the game was around 3 years ago).

I hope there will be more with the remaster. Age of empire is getting a new expansion ater all this year and its fucking great, same as age of mythology.
imo nearly any new expansion for d2 would be a big failure (not financially, I mean gameplay-wise). people who made D2 are long gone from blizz. why create an abomination and associate it with D2's good name ? d3 was more than enough. I wish theyd leave the good ol' games alone
"
Rambopvp wrote:
Many of the problems people have with PoE that you've identified here were directly mirrored in Diablo 2. Both games suffer from a lot of the same flaws.

D2 was also very barren in terms of directly rewarding the player. The rate at which useful items dropped were ridiculously low, and you would constantly be flooded with trash not even worth considering to pick up. The only way to deterministic-ally get what you wanted was to amass a large number of Runes and trade with other players (sound familiar?).

I agreed with all but this point. While yes certain drops were hard to find there was a difference in the amount D2 rewarded you verses the amount that PoE rewards you.

When I played D2 I never had to trade at all to keep progressing. I only needed to trade if I wanted a unique quicker than farming an area 100's of times. There was always runewords or rares to keep you going at a reasonable pace.

When I play PoE I get to a point where I feel I have to trade or I'm going to die countless times. I guess I just had better luck in D2 with item and rune drops.

On D2 I mostly played summoning necro's but I tried each build at least a few times including a enchant/es melee sorc which turned out pretty good (took a lot longer to get going than frozen orb sorc though... which was my favorite sorc).... Never liked playing hammerdins... felt to cheaty lol.

Anyway's... in D2 the game didn't require you to have the best of the best items to beat the game (even end game charms made up for one or two peices of gear that were not quite up to par)

In PoE when it comes to the end game, For 90% of the characters i've made (even the ones that I followed a build) Your gear never seems strong enough (altho I have yet to afford any insanly expensive gear.... highest priced item I've bought so far was around 1.5 ex)

I also only got rushed in D2 every now and then.... I found that for me, if I was rushed it would end up taking me longer to gather gear than if I had just ran thought the game normally.

Maybe I am just not good enough at PoE yet to make a good comparison of the two games.... But I will say D2 didn't take long at all to learn where PoE has taken about 2 years so far and still learning.

I also played D2 solo/selffound 90% of the time. Play PoE the same way.
"
grepman wrote:

imo nearly any new expansion for d2 would be a big failure (not financially, I mean gameplay-wise). people who made D2 are long gone from blizz. why create an abomination and associate it with D2's good name ? d3 was more than enough. I wish theyd leave the good ol' games alone

Please less wild assumption throwing around. The good old d2 will always be there for people to play it.

But people want more of d2, and more content will always be good. Some more areas, maybe even classes, not a whole new game.. ohh my, need to check are there any new d2 mods out there released in the last few years, got a urge to play it again.

If you dont like the remaster or new thing blizz does with d2 you can, you know, not install it. D2 is not limited like MMOs/online games where it forces all the changes on you. You can chose, some people didnt liked the expansion so they continued to play vanilla game, or didnt like some patch and dint update the game.
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Nov 10, 2015, 8:30:07 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Blizzard has been dead to me since they merged with Activision. This is not the company that created some of the most legendary and groudbreaking games ever. This is a multi-billion corporate abomination headed by a poor excuse for a human being whose smug face makes me want to punch.... [removed by Bars]

100% agreed, couldn't have said it better myself. As for that "remake" and the fact that Blizzard just bought the makers of Candy Crush, i'm almost willing to bet we'll see a remake like this one sometime in the future :(
Last edited by Tom7i on Nov 10, 2015, 12:14:03 PM
"
Tom7i wrote:
As for that "remake" and the fact that Blizzard just bought the makers of Candy Crush, i'm almost willing to bet we'll see a remake like this one sometime in the future :(

oh god stop triggering me with that
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Very cool, thanks for sharing the article link, OP.

Miss my D2 and D2:LoD days. PoE is the closest I can get to that feeling, since D3 went off in another direction of style and overall gaming experience.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Good ol' POE-Forum.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Mystereye wrote:

When I played D2 I never had to trade at all to keep progressing. I only needed to trade if I wanted a unique quicker than farming an area 100's of times. There was always runewords or rares to keep you going at a reasonable pace.

When I play PoE I get to a point where I feel I have to trade or I'm going to die countless times. I guess I just had better luck in D2 with item and rune drops.

Funny I get opposite experience.I use to trade a lot in D2 but in POE I rarely do,feels like there are enough toys to play with even if they are not high tier ones.

You know I never thought there would come a time I would let my D2 accounts expire and I think that POE allowed me to shows to me how much it took over from D2.

Now this comes along (which I have to wait and see) do I regret it.Not really,I use to do complete builds within a ladder season and frankly it got messy with all the different accounts and characters.I am even considering condensing my POE account although partially feel forced due to forced respecs(tedious respecing 30+ Characters).

I am more curious than excited about this as POE might of already fulfilled my dreams of what D2 to D3 may have became.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 12, 2015, 1:50:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info