Soulthirst (Season 14) Breakdown

The Soulthirst announcement gives good details.

155 races without extending the season length, a 30% increase of the status quo. I like the emphasis on fun race modes this season. Competitive can be fun at the same time.

What's New

28x Soulthirst, Signature Event: Soul Eater on Rare Kill. Scheduled in a systematic way. Same signature quantity as last season, i.e. a lower ratio of 18% vs 23%.

12x Headhunter solo: Void. Upon killing rare monsters, you gain all their mods for 20 seconds. Every monster pack has a rare monster (even the Twilight Strand).

1x 24hr Solo BLAMT Boss Kill: No level threshold points, but tons of points for boss kills (10-50 each, total 220 points if you kill all 8).

[edit] Endless Ledge reduced from 60 to 30 min. Ninja-modded by GGG.

[edit] Descent Champions reduced from 40 to 30 min. Ninja-modded by GGG.

[edit] Random prizes are unlocked each week. Types of random prizes are unlocked each week - so the first week has one type of prize, the second has two prize types and so on.

0x Bland Races: no one-mod Blood Magic/Ancestral/Immolation/Famine/etc. races! Hoping they are gone for good, i was bored of them by season 4. :P

Standard Stuff

6x Eternal Torment
4x Exiles Everywhere

20x Descent
8x Descent Champions
8x Endless Ledge

6x3 Burst
6x3 Ledge Burst

33x Boss Kill: 12x Brutus, 6x Merveil, 8x Vaal, 5x Piety, 2x Malachai. A numerical 50% increase in vanilla boss kill races.

6x 1hr BLAMT Party

The Rest

4x 30 min: 2x Solo, 2x Party.
2x 45 min: 2x Solo.
5x 1 hour: 2x Solo, 3x Party.
4x 2 hour: 2x Solo, 2x Party.
2x 3 hour: 2x Party.

Bloodgrip (Season 13) Breakdown
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 5, 2015, 3:10:54 PM
Summary of the race overhaul laid out by Chris:

* Dead characters are fully eligible for prize points in this and future race seasons. This means you can push ahead without having to worry about losing your standing if you die. This includes off-season 1 month races starting with the recently ended Flashback race.

* [R]emove[d] some of the variance in the Ship Graveyard, so that the playthrough duration of that area doesn't vary so wildly from one person to the next.

* The points awarded for hitting certain levels in the races have been tweaked. They're now also balanced around the least performant of the classes, so good players can hit the top level trophy regardless of their class choice. Points are now awarded in a way that is more proportional to the length of the race.

* Descent has had a slew of changes.

* In the Endless Ledge, the second and third areas now also use a restricted set of monsters that don't include Act Four monsters. There's now a ramp up towards dangerous monsters by the time you hit the fourth area.

* Boss races are now fixed seed (the same for everyone racing it) but without the revealed map. The seed is different for each boss race.

* Signature races no longer have Strongboxes, Tormented Spirits, Bloodlines Mods or Nemesis Mods. Signature races no longer give points for side objectives, like full-clearing zones or being the first to complete quest objectives.
The duration of the season is still the same four weeks, but with more races there should be more conveniently timed races for more people. The scheduling of the Sig race seems to promote this idea as well.

I think the increase in boss kills is also good. They award more points, and are the easiest to explain to a new player. There is a clearly defined answer to, "what am I supposed to do in the race." Which is a question asked a lot.

I am both excited for and terrified by the BLAMT boss event.

The 1 hour exiles everywhere events during a race season have never been void. However, the 3 day event was.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
I am both excited for and terrified by the BLAMT boss event.

I can't wait!

"
ChronoExile wrote:
The 1 hour exiles everywhere events during a race season have never been void. However, the 3 day event was.

Good catch!

This season has vastly exceeded expectations. When i make the breakdown i assemble a personal schedule of the races i'm interested in. The last ~6 seasons it's usually been 15-20 races per. This time it's a whopping 93! I'm excited.
Last edited by unsane on Nov 2, 2015, 9:26:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info